Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni
12.11.2012 , 04:23 AM | #1
Well i love swtor but I have to say this makes me mad. This is the first mmo that I have ever played that makes you pay to enjoy holiday fun. There should really be quests to get these items at least for subs. This is a big fat fail imo bioware.
New Gear is the ONLY type of character progression at endgame. Raiders are not the only ones who want to continue to progress their toons throughout an expansion. Im a bad bad speller.

Vitas
12.11.2012 , 04:25 AM | #2
People will eventually be posting the items on the GTN from the packs. Additionally if you have a sub you'll be given free Cartel Coins each month to spend, enough to buy a pack.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 04:27 AM | #3
It is the lowest form of nickle and diming I've ever seen.

The prices are high, and there's no chance of "saving up" cartel coins as they are "limited time".

It you want to know what people feared with F2P/Cashshop.... well, this is IT.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Vitas
12.11.2012 , 04:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
It is the lowest form of nickle and diming I've ever seen.

The prices are high, and there's no chance of "saving up" cartel coins as they are "limited time".

If you want to know what people feared with F2P/Cashshop.... well, this is IT.
What did you do with all the free Cartel coins given to you at the start (provided you had subbed for a number of months prior)?
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 04:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
People will eventually be posting the items on the GTN from the packs. Additionally if you have a sub you'll be given free Cartel Coins each month to spend, enough to buy a pack.
Life day items can be bought seperatedly or in a pack, so it's unlikely there'll be too much GTN over flow as people will just buy what they want.

With the price (2400 for full pack and what ~600 per month = 4 months) and the "limited time" availability of these subscribers won't be able to save up in time for ONE full pack, never mind if they want it on more than one toon.

They are trying to get subscriber to HAVE to pay extra, it seems they aren't even trying to pretend they aren't anymore.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Sepyuff
12.11.2012 , 04:31 AM | #6
@OP

I take it you haven't watched Star Wars Chrismas special. Everything, they are doing in this game for Life Day, is in the spirit of that Special.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 04:34 AM | #7
What did you do with all the free Cartel coins given to you at the start (provided you had subbed for a number of months prior)?
Personally I've bought a couple of weapons and a bit of gear and a few unlocks.

I''ve still got some left, but not enough for even ONE complete pack at these prices.

Again do the maths (see above), this is "limited time" goods and if you want more than ONE pack (or if you don't have the coins now or next month) then you'll HAVE to buy more coins to get the items before they are pulled from the store.

Vitas
12.11.2012 , 04:34 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Life day items can be bought seperatedly or in a pack, so it's unlikely there'll be too much GTN over flow as people will just buy what they want.

With the price (2400 for full pack and what ~600 per month = 4 months) and the "limited time" availability of these subscribers won't be able to save up in time for ONE full pack, never mind if they want it on more than one toon.

They are trying to get subscriber to HAVE to pay extra, it seems they aren't even trying to pretend they aren't anymore.
Well you're not being forced to buy them at gun point. If you don't want them, don't buy them.

Radzkie
12.11.2012 , 04:41 AM | #9
I'll only be insulted if the outfit turns out to be ugly.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 04:41 AM | #10
Well you're not being forced to buy them at gun point. If you don't want them, don't buy them.
Indeed, but that's not how it works is it.

They dangle out something people will want at a price they can't quite afford.

As things stand to buy ONE Pack you'd have to have not spent anything on the cartel market since F2P, and if it's going to be 4 months of subs = ONE "event" cartel pack, then subscribers aren't going to be buying much else with their cartel coins, unless they fork out through the nose for extra coins.