Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Want More Mandos!

Wolfninjajedi
12.10.2012 , 03:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
Highlighted the important part. 99.9% of the time, Mandalorians (or for that matter, ANY non-Force using 'elites') defeating Force users is handled terribly.

Yes, I can believe that Jango Fett can score a lucky kill on a distracted Jedi, or hold his own against Obi-Wan long enough to escape. But him allegedly killing Jedi with his bare hands? That's f*cking retarded.
Well he wasn't really holding his own against Obi-Wan, I mean ya he knocked him off his feet and dragged him around. But what did he really do? I mean...I guess you can look at it like that, though can agree on him killing jedi with his bare hands that is just really complete PIS and CIS.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

maxetius
12.10.2012 , 07:57 PM | #22
Quote:
Highlighted the important part. 99.9% of the time, Mandalorians (or for that matter, ANY non-Force using 'elites') defeating Force users is handled terribly.
What a steaming load. 99% of the time? Nothing but hyperbole.

Ventessel
12.11.2012 , 04:01 AM | #23
Mandalorians aren't Mary Sues because of their fighting prowess, they're Mary Sues because in Karen Travis' writing they can do no wrong. They are without any character flaws, they're always shown to be right and superior to their enemies and the Jedi, their culture is portrayed as perfect, etc.

A Mary Sue is not an invincible character, but rather a character who is shown to have no flaws. They may die from time to time, but as a culture and society, Karen Travis attempts to portray them as perfect, which is aggravating to those of us not wearing Mando-tinted goggles.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell