Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy
12.10.2012 , 09:40 AM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
According to this line of thinking, you need to *PROVE* that PowerShot is better than RapidShots since you've repeated that over and over.
lets not start with that again.......

ArchangelLBC
12.11.2012 , 01:37 AM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
According to this line of thinking, you need to *PROVE* that PowerShot is better than RapidShots since you've repeated that over and over. Oh wait, I proved it wasn't. By using.....MATH. And when faced with that numerical proof, you simply ignored it and repeated your "articles of faith". Which is exactly what would happen here if I tallied the next hundred warzone matches on my server with Merc Pyros in it. You aren't looking for proof, you are just fighting a rear guard action out of stubbornness.

You don't like my theory? Then ignore it. Ignore the fact that it explains why BW habitually double nerfs classes. Ignore the fact that it explains why BW buffs skill trees that the top PvP players acknowledge are already the most powerful. Ignore how players migrate between classes. And ignore the fact that BW periodically touts their ingame stat collection.

Except Cash proved you wrong. Pretty conclusively. Using numbers which YOU ignored, and without even bringing up the big fact that Charged Bolts resets HiB while Hammershot doesn't. But hey maybe I didn't follow that argument well enough. I'm a grad student. I spend most days looking at proofs, thinking one thing, and then being shown I'm wrong. Hash out your argument again. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. Do it every single day.

There are plenty of theories which explain why BW habitually double nerfs classes, buffs skill trees that top PVP players acknowledge are already the most powerful, explains why and how players migrate between classes, and takes into account BW's ingame stat collection. Some of them even explain the reasoning behind hair brained moves like the stockstrike nerf. Why should I believe your nonsense over any of the other competing theories? Proof or go home because real math isn't about numbers, it's about proof.

If we want to say "well here's my conjecture, and while I can't conclusively prove it, here are some reasons you should believe it", then by all means go ahead. It's not mathematically rigorous, but then cash is right that we aren't going to be getting any mathematical certainties out of such speculating. Make your case. Why is your theory any more valid than the theory that they class balance by throwing darts at a wall, then use their metrics to retroactively justify anything they do since statisticians can make the numbers say whatever they want if they pick the right numbers and put the right spin on things?
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ArchangelLBC
12.12.2012 , 12:46 AM | #513
Bump for great justice.

-Wnd

BobaStyx
12.12.2012 , 01:21 AM | #514
Answer: No. Get healing gear and be subpar like the rest of us compared to the other healers.

cashogy
12.12.2012 , 01:29 AM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaStyx View Post
Answer: No. Get healing gear and be subpar like the rest of us compared to the other healers.
because that solves the problem of being subpar in general

ArchangelLBC
12.12.2012 , 02:04 AM | #516
Worst part is I'll be pulling out the PVP gear again now that 1.6 has launched so I can get elite war hero relic of boundless ages >_< At least that grind will hopefully be quick.

-Wnd

OldRepublicRevan
12.12.2012 , 06:24 AM | #517
So do Mercs/ Commandos still suck?

SneiK
12.12.2012 , 07:29 AM | #518
Yep, better luck next year?

R.I.P Commando & Mercenary 2011-2013

dejavy
12.12.2012 , 07:54 AM | #519
We all hope but ... i told you Hate saying it. They gave us NOTHING. It's ok, coz i'll play my commando anyway. Don't feel i'm ready to change him tho he sux. My damage is still fine and still i'm better than a 14k recruit. Ofc i'm piece of shi* in comparison with other same geared classes but what else can we do?

Time to start waiting for 1.7 i guess. Buy popcorn.... lots of it. The waiting is gonna be a long one.

Bluntron
12.12.2012 , 06:52 PM | #520
Is it wrong to think we are the best players in this game right now (those that can keep up with losmashers and PT/VG in damage and objective in warzones?) I mean, I know I normally come in top 3 in 90% of my Warzones. I am just curious what would happen if we decided to not be gods in this terrible class. I think we would crap on people on such a height they would think it was god sh*tting all over them.