Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just bought "Chiss" unlock - unavailable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Just bought "Chiss" unlock - unavailable?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tNok
12.10.2012 , 06:33 PM | #1
I have a legacy character (actually, a Chiss) at level 45. Just purchased the Chiss race in the cartel store (my first purchase) to make another character with, and it's locked for anything I try to make.

Is this a known issue? The purchase is in my ledger, and the 600 coins are gone

Beesodd
12.10.2012 , 06:44 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi tNok,

By any chance did you make this purchase on a fresh character on a fresh server? If this is the case, you will need to unlock your Legacy, and then you should be able to create a Chiss on this server. Note that the requirements to unlock your Legacy are now to complete your Origin world, rather than Chapter 1.

If you're on a server with an existing Legacy, is the unlock showing on your Legacy page?

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

tNok
12.10.2012 , 06:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi tNok,

By any chance did you make this purchase on a fresh character on a fresh server? If this is the case, you will need to unlock your Legacy, and then you should be able to create a Chiss on this server. Note that the requirements to unlock your Legacy are now to complete your Origin world, rather than Chapter 1.

If you're on a server with an existing Legacy, is the unlock showing on your Legacy page?

Thanks.
Ahhh...

So the Chiss unlock is only valid for the server I currently have an existing legacy on, or I just need to buy and unlock it with a legacy character and it will be available everywhere?

I ask because my level 45 (highest level) is on one server, but my friends are playing now (since it's gone free to play) on a different server. So can I unlock Chiss with my level 45 and have it available on the other server, or do I have to get a legacy on the new server and unlock Chiss there? Or after I buy it on any server, it'll be available on any other server where I activate legacy (by completing the Origin world)

Beesodd
12.10.2012 , 06:59 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The unlock is by Legacy, so once your freshly created character finishes their origin world at about level 10, the Legacy will be opened and you should be able to create the Chiss you want.

On different servers, you would need to get it for different Legacies.

tNok
12.10.2012 , 07:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
The unlock is by Legacy, so once your freshly created character finishes their origin world at about level 10, the Legacy will be opened and you should be able to create the Chiss you want.

On different servers, you would need to get it for different Legacies.
Wait - so unlocking a race ONLY unlocks it for that legacy? So unlocking Chiss doesn't unlock it for my entire account?

Valethar
12.10.2012 , 09:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by tNok View Post
Wait - so unlocking a race ONLY unlocks it for that legacy? So unlocking Chiss doesn't unlock it for my entire account?
It does not. The text in the Cartel Market specifically states the requirements.

Legacy Species Unlock
Requires Level 10

Use: Applies the selected unlock to your Legacy.

Unlocks the species as a choice for all classes at character creation. This requires an unlocked Legacy and grants the matching Legacy Species Unlock.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

tNok
12.11.2012 , 09:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
It does not. The text in the Cartel Market specifically states the requirements.

Legacy Species Unlock
Requires Level 10

Use: Applies the selected unlock to your Legacy.

Unlocks the species as a choice for all classes at character creation. This requires an unlocked Legacy and grants the matching Legacy Species Unlock.
I'm confused... sorry. =/

It says there 'Applies the selected unlock to your Legacy', which is what I said in my prior post, but you said "t does not. The text in the Cartel Market specifically states the requirements."

So... very simply...

Server A: Level 45 character with Legacy tNok

Server B: No characters

if I buy Chiss on Server A with my level 45, will I have access to Chiss on Server B with no characters?

If not, will I be able to make a Chiss on Server B *AFTER* I level one of them to open legacy? Or is it ONLY open to characters of my original legacy on my first server?

Or is legacy cross-server and I'm misunderstanding that part entirely? (I thought legacy was per server)

Sorry... just before I buy it, I want to be sure I understand what I'm getting. =/

Beesodd
12.12.2012 , 11:33 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi again tNOk,

If you get the unlock for server A, you will have Chiss unlocked on server A.

To access Chiss on Server B, you will need to use an unlock for that server *and* unlock a Legacy on this server. At this point a fresh character can be created as a Chiss.