Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

200k on alderaan...in recruit gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
200k on alderaan...in recruit gear

lord-durpp
12.10.2012 , 12:05 AM | #1
Hey guys, just wondering if 200k damage for a full deception assassin on alderaan is considered good. I just got him to 50 on Friday, and i am still in full recruit. Just wanted some input on this, to see if i am going in the right direction
Thanks

Alizaro
12.10.2012 , 03:18 AM | #2
It's fine, I got 50 yesterday and had maxed out the coms before 50 so started with wh weapon and offhand ad most I've gotten is 242 in a novare but my guildie in mostly wh only got 15k more in the same match.

You should be focusing on your taunts and guarding as well as the incredible cc abilities right now, forget about damage it'll come.

Love this class, wish I'd have rolled it first, not 4th. Looking forward to the free wh candy tuesday, should be rolling shortly. Also, reminder, send over power enhancements from your alts via legacy. I had like 5 of em with 37 power from min maxing my bh.
Prophecy of the Five

Dark Force Rising (Témper, Shaddo, Tempermental, Alizar) 375 vr

lord-durpp
12.10.2012 , 08:33 PM | #3
wait, so i should be using taunts on our class? i thought we were one of the squishier dps classes. Also, My pinnacles of pvp are discharge, maul, and assassinate. I use them whenever available. I also like to use power and surge predominantly.

PowerReaper
12.10.2012 , 11:05 PM | #4
Yes you should be using your taunts, its amazing how many people have taunts and never use them in PvP.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord Èschaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

Philelectric
12.10.2012 , 11:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-durpp View Post
wait, so i should be using taunts on our class? i thought we were one of the squishier dps classes.
So what is the problem?
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

lord-durpp
12.12.2012 , 08:29 PM | #6
just thinking that because i am a sin dps, i thought of myself as rather squishy....well thanks for clarifying this

Himeji_Endless
12.13.2012 , 12:50 AM | #7
The main question is actually: Did you guys win?
0k damage or 1m damage, doesnt matter if you lose

Möurnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

Griad
12.13.2012 , 01:26 AM | #8
I would say it depends on how you play it, i am in full WH and sometimes i do less than 150k damage in a WZ but my team wins and i solo defend a turret or haunt the healers.

Taunts are very nice especially in big fights when you stealth in and taunt before starting your attacks.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Floegens
12.13.2012 , 03:53 AM | #9
just thinking that because i am a sin dps, i thought of myself as rather squishy....well thanks for clarifying this
The real question is what does using taunts and being squishy have to do with each other? Its not guard, u could taunt with 1 hp.
A Sin/Shadow with 0 Protection is doinitwrong.
And btw, you should be 23/1/17 till you are geared, you are way more useful to your team.

-Holmes
12.13.2012 , 04:13 AM | #10
wait, so i should be using taunts on our class? i thought we were one of the squishier dps classes. Also, My pinnacles of pvp are discharge, maul, and assassinate. I use them whenever available. I also like to use power and surge predominantly.
The taunt does not increase the damage you take, you still take the same damage. It just decreases the amount of damage OTHERS deal on your team mates.
Rollin'dirty - Ridin'dirty
The Omgwtfbbqhax Legacy