Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

5600 Smash Damage in Full Warhero Heavy Armor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
5600 Smash Damage in Full Warhero Heavy Armor

silvercgull's Avatar


silvercgull
12.10.2012 , 05:15 PM | #1
Wow.....Just wow.

Says It all, in warzone just happened to me and usually in the 5000's. I'm sure now everyone is rolling that class....so let's hear the people run and defend them.

How they were abused when children and deserve this advantage or how their class was neglected for 4 months and they are getting their turn at patch love?

Wait....wait...I know, working as intended!!!.....please...devs....just please.
~Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur~

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
12.10.2012 , 05:26 PM | #2
I have seen all the posts but never thought much of it until it happened to me. I'm not even full WH yet but I was on my Shadow and got smashed for 6000+ by a Sentinel. My jaw dropped. Never got hit that hard before, only seen it in these posts.

There had to have been at least 3-4 Sentinels on that team (pre-made) and every time I spawned I was getting smashed. 1 smash, 2 smash 3 smash dead. I only made it out of that game with 220k+ damage and my hardest hit was only for 3500+.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

CommanderKeeva's Avatar


CommanderKeeva
12.10.2012 , 05:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by silvercgull View Post
Wow.....Just wow.

Says It all, in warzone just happened to me and usually in the 5000's. I'm sure now everyone is rolling that class....so let's hear the people run and defend them.

How they were abused when children and deserve this advantage or how their class was neglected for 4 months and they are getting their turn at patch love?

Wait....wait...I know, working as intended!!!.....please...devs....just please.
If it makes you feel better I got hit for 7600 the other day in Recruit armor.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
12.10.2012 , 05:53 PM | #4
Jeez, these guys get instacast, auto-crit, no need to worry about crit chance, while i have to take great care of my single target ambush that can be dodged, miss, not crit, or just hit a tank for some pitiful damage, oh and it has 2,5 sec (1,5 with proc) activation time and my target knows that it is being targeted and can pop-up a CD..
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

arunav's Avatar


arunav
12.10.2012 , 06:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
I have seen all the posts but never thought much of it until it happened to me. I'm not even full WH yet but I was on my Shadow and got smashed for 6000+ by a Sentinel. My jaw dropped. Never got hit that hard before, only seen it in these posts.

There had to have been at least 3-4 Sentinels on that team (pre-made) and every time I spawned I was getting smashed. 1 smash, 2 smash 3 smash dead. I only made it out of that game with 220k+ damage and my hardest hit was only for 3500+.
Use your Resilience, Force Wave, Blackout in certain circumstances, Force Speed to get out of other circumstances, Force Potency+Battle Readiness+Project to hit back hard, etc. I'm not saying the focus spec isn't ridiculous, but Shadows/Assassins have it really good in WZs. You can still compete well.

All that said, I can't stand those smashing groups. It has to be the dumbest spec I've seen in this game. I can't imagine how it can even be fun, except people like to win, even if through really stupid game-play.

Pwnzorbot's Avatar


Pwnzorbot
12.10.2012 , 06:16 PM | #6
Not to mention the defensive cooldowns they get compared to other classes. Plus kiting is not quite enough because they can leap so often...

KettleBelll's Avatar


KettleBelll
12.10.2012 , 07:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Jeez, these guys get instacast, auto-crit, no need to worry about crit chance, while i have to take great care of my single target ambush that can be dodged, miss, not crit, or just hit a tank for some pitiful damage, oh and it has 2,5 sec (1,5 with proc) activation time and my target knows that it is being targeted and can pop-up a CD..

You forgot to add, from the catwalk, at ranged, in cover, immune to crowd control.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
12.10.2012 , 07:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
You forgot to add, from the catwalk, at ranged, in cover, immune to crowd control.
fair enough, but nobody ever whined about Ambush being OP in SWTOR forums
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

cub-lover's Avatar


cub-lover
12.10.2012 , 08:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
fair enough, but nobody ever whined about Ambush being OP in SWTOR forums
give it tiem young skywalker people will find their way to calling it op, especialy when i i was in a rep v rep match and managed to crit my aimed shot for 5k (i was level 13 at hte time) people winged i had twinked out my toon when it was still wearing the crap from ord mantel

TrueEquality's Avatar


TrueEquality
12.10.2012 , 08:22 PM | #10
smash should put a buff on a target making it so any smash done within 5 seconds of the first smash only does 50% dmg or something like that
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Coincidence: Commando, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Persist: Sniper, Gowiththeflow: Sorcerer