Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I saved another planet!!! ....again...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
I saved another planet!!! ....again...

funkhouse
12.10.2012 , 05:51 PM | #41
arent all mmos single player action with other people running around at some point? I mean hell ive saved origamar countless times bymyself and ****** all over the rifts while closing them.

Seems like the op hasnt dont much socializing on this game lol. With an atittude like that, you will never find a game to be happy with. Evar!

Aelther
12.10.2012 , 05:52 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
You have it all wrong....

You're not playing the "Chosen One". You are playing a brain damaged lunatic who the whole universe is humouring. Oh sure, they tell you that you saved Alderaan from an Imperial invasion.

I checked.... After I saved it, it's still in exactly the same condition it was before I even arrived.

I'm even beginning to suspect the whole universe is just an elaborate re-enactment of something important that happened to the real "Chosen One". I swear Bob The Sith outside that Republic base keeps getting up and resuming his position every few minutes. I mean if they were really well-trained Imperials, they should be harder to kill than one-armed geriatric toll both attendants. Something is fishy.
Well they can't instance every single planet now, can they? Well they can, but then everyone will cry how it's even more single-player than before...

CosmicKat
12.10.2012 , 06:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
BW makes RPGs. Single character focused. That is what they know and that is how they write and that is how they wrote SWTOR. This is yet another thing that "wasn't thought through" very well.
Bioware makes roleplaying games? I thought they made movies where players' can play anything they want, as long as it's the character they wrote for you.

CosmicKat
12.10.2012 , 06:02 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Well they can't instance every single planet now, can they? Well they can, but then everyone will cry how it's even more single-player than before...
Or they could make a giant open world with an ongoing, endless conflict where heroes are everywhere but none are super-human enough to change the world on their own.

I think they call it an MMO.

Master-Nala
12.10.2012 , 06:08 PM | #45
Oh it's time for this thread again? I'll have to check my calendar. Well, let me get out the standard response:

It's a MMORPG. They all work like this. In City of Heroes I and 23 of my closest friends defeated Emperor Cole...then we did it again. In Everquest II, my guild and I defeated the great dragons of old....then people started one grouping them when the level range expanded. In WoW, the almighty Lich King fell....200-300 times a week.

1/10 Try harder OP.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Master-Nala
12.10.2012 , 06:10 PM | #46
Or they could make a giant open world with an ongoing, endless conflict where heroes are everywhere but none are super-human enough to change the world on their own.

I don't want to play a MMO like that. I want to play a MMO like this. If you don't, there are literally hundreds of other games that might fit your needs. Beats complaining on a message board.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Aelther
12.10.2012 , 06:14 PM | #47

And you are free to go play any of them, I always viewed SWTOR as an MMO for MMO haters and so I'm here. Sure it has it's problems but making your character special is definitely NOT ONE OF THEM.

And other MMOs have your so called " super-human"s who change the world as well, it's just that they are all NPCs

Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
I mean THIS: http://youtu.be/4W4KIEoo9So is much more satisfying than THIS: http://youtu.be/bYeOtY3sCD8?t=47s
And THIS: http://youtu.be/e4_6qyg-DwU?t=6m18s is much more satisfying than THIS: http://youtu.be/qAIrj_Vqdfc , etc

AshlaBoga
12.10.2012 , 10:45 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by buttjammerrump View Post
arent all mmos single player action with other people running around at some point? I mean hell ive saved origamar countless times bymyself and ****** all over the rifts while closing them.

Seems like the op hasnt dont much socializing on this game lol. With an atittude like that, you will never find a game to be happy with. Evar!
True but WoW had it so after you beat a quest line the random enemy npcs changed. The only example I can recall is Sentinel Hill around Cata. After you did the local level 15 (think it was 15, could have been 20) storyline the random troll/orcs turned into Defia Brotherhood members.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Mawduce
12.10.2012 , 11:56 PM | #49
thats what i liked about the SW story. you never feel like you're saving anything. you feel like you are setting up something big, chasing prey across the galaxy, and then its a none stop roller coaster of revenge.
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...

YeIIow
12.16.2012 , 10:36 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by FooBard View Post

What I was really trying to say is, "MOST" of the area quests.... would have suited me far better if they would have been more to the tune of "Thanks for the help!", rather than "Thanks for saving our planet!".

.... if that makes sense.

Yea, I get that each person gets to experience that "hero" affect... but when we go overboard with it... it quickly losed its savor.
i understand and share your feeling, hate when they make me some sort of demi-god responsable for the salvation of the galaxy.... i mean, i certanly don't want my character to be a no-named random who nobody recognises becouse he has never atchived anything heroic and extremely difficult, but i neither want him to be the sole responsable for the fate of planets.