Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we have the Dread Masters alive in the end?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Can we have the Dread Masters alive in the end?

lokdron
12.10.2012 , 04:51 PM | #21
Here is the problem hell its a game most empire players know they are going to lose at some point and if one side is just completely curbstomping the other it would simply piss people off since storywise thats not interesting or fun. Plus making them feel their planet questlines and all the work invested feel useless is not smart either.

People won't find it FUN i mean honestly if you are playing a game and all you hear is OH right yeah what you just did is meaningless since the enemy just pretty much undone everything you did. If this happens for the next 5-8 planets most people would simply stop playing.

Your starting to see it right now more empire players are getting pissed off espically after the new annihilation book.

I mean we got several thousand years and bioware is in a rush to end the war quickly. In my opinion things should be more balanced instead of one side either the empire or the republic going LAWL we trollz all over the other side's stuff.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Luke_Nehav
07.13.2013 , 03:32 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
Sounds like a small lose temporary win or not corellia was never the empires and the infrastructure lose there is a terrible blow to the republic. The emperor being dead will be more then made up for when people learn the emperor is in fact not dead it'll just make him seem that much more unkillable. Malgus is a second tier darth easily replaced even easier then the dark council members. a dozen dead people isn;t enough to put the empre in shambles your making things out to be far far worse then they are.
It isn't just a dozen people, from what I've heard, on Corellia, the Empire lost one tenth of its whole military. You may be right about the Dark Councel, we may even say, that they were too weak to survive, so no loss, but one lost world, inner fighting, dread masters and great casualties on Corellia is a major blow to the Empire...

And I agree that it would be nice to let it live a little longer. The last Sith Empire was destroyed on Ruusan, 1000 BBY, maybe it could even survive into Darth Ruin's Era Just saying it doesn't have to fall Maybe it will be just reformed after this mess

AlexDougherty
07.13.2013 , 06:15 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
At least let a few of them survive and rejoin the Empire, or transfer their power to other Sith to make new Dread Masters, the Empire already lost too much.
umm, I hate to break this to you, but in the end the Empire looses everything.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

AlexDougherty
07.13.2013 , 06:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainApop View Post
Completely? Oh so that's why the galactic republic (prequels) use an emblem clearly derivative of vitiates empire.

There's room enough for a couple of galactic dark ages between swtor and the movies. None of us really know where the story will go within the lifespan of the 8 heroes. As for empire losing short term. Sure, but if you seriously think that the whole MMO's main story is in it's final stretch already I would reconsider that thought.
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
Actually it's a Bendu and was used by the Republic as early as the Great Hyperspace War. For some reason the Sith Empire has a symbol that looks a lot more like the one used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems 3000 years later.
Continuity checkers need their backsides kicking.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.