Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Tie Break = Lame

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball Tie Break = Lame

Twighead
12.10.2012 , 03:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
They should make a tie end in a DEATH MATCH!

It would totally fit the lore too.

Giradda the Hutt: "Ootaaa Woottaaaa!!1 Blaerrggg!!!"
Announcer : "Errm, Giradda the Hutt proclaims that there are no draws in Huttball... Uhm... the winners of the match will be decided by a uh... Battle to the Death!!:
Giradda the Hutt: "Toowallaaa Beeaaaggggh!!"

Then everyone gets one life and the winner is the last team standing.

Someything would have to be done about stealthers hidding out when they are the last man left... chillin in some corner somewhere...
I like it

Altheran
12.10.2012 , 03:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Someything would have to be done about stealthers hidding out when they are the last man left... chillin in some corner somewhere...
Random poping scan droids which increase in number over time.

Or put everybody in a state where all enemies are visible on map and minimap, even the stealthed ones. (A marker. And if it takes too long time, Giradda could release his "security droids" that are set to eliminate marked organics).

Jadescythe
12.10.2012 , 03:26 PM | #13
Possible changes to huttball ties:
Reset the ball if the ball carrier is behind the horizontal line into their own pit in the last minute.

Change the tiebreaker to who had the most time of possession on the opponent's side of the arena (their pit and closer to goal line).

Increase ball carrier speed by 50% in the last minute if tied.

Or just leave it how it is and score more goals so you don't tie.
I have opinions and stuff

HysteriaX
12.10.2012 , 03:55 PM | #14
It's completely fine the way it is now in my opinion. If for some reason they absolutely felt like it had to be changed then the best way to determine the tie is simple. Right below the scores on the UI have a timer under each team. Whenever your team controls the ball your timer goes up. At the end of the tied match which ever team had control of the ball the longest during the match wins the game. Again, I'm fine with the way it is now though but if I had to change it that's how I would do it.
Hysteria - CxC/VEA - Bloodfin-SWG
HysteriaX - CxC/Section One - Archimonde-WoW
Flounder/Goldfish - Fires of Tirisfal - Maelstrom-WoW
Chuubs/Goldfish - Tactical Wookie Assault Team - The Fatman-SWTOR

UberDuberSoldat
12.10.2012 , 04:07 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by HysteriaX View Post
It's completely fine the way it is now in my opinion. If for some reason they absolutely felt like it had to be changed then the best way to determine the tie is simple. Right below the scores on the UI have a timer under each team. Whenever your team controls the ball your timer goes up. At the end of the tied match which ever team had control of the ball the longest during the match wins the game. Again, I'm fine with the way it is now though but if I had to change it that's how I would do it.
Total time of possession would make things worse. Just get ahead by 1 or 2 points then hold the ball for as long as possible.

Invictusthetaru
12.10.2012 , 04:21 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
Total time of possession would make things worse. Just get ahead by 1 or 2 points then hold the ball for as long as possible.
I agree that it doesn't need to be changed, but you don't need to be so mean man. Not liking an arguably dumb mechanic is fair, he has his right to an opinion, and by no means does it make him bad to complain about it.

It's not like he said, I DON'T LIKE BEING SAP CAPPED ON A NODE CHANGE SAP CAPS. That's just someone being an idiot.

This isn't a L2P issue, it's just his opinion.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

DroidDreamer
12.10.2012 , 04:27 PM | #17
A few times on my Sorc, I've pulled our ball carrier out of reach of the enemy teams into our own upper platforms or out of the pit. I've seen similar other plays. Amazing games!

Huttball matches like this are usually smash mouth games of evenly matched teams trading possession in a brutal, meat grinder fashion. Does it get any better?
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

HysteriaX
12.10.2012 , 04:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
Guess you missed the part where I said I like it the way it is. You are wrong though about the one or two goal lead. If your team is good enough to score vs the other team you are going to keep playing and trying to score not turtle. The only time I see the turtle happening is in a game with two very evenly matched teams where it's obvious neither team will be able to score.
Hysteria - CxC/VEA - Bloodfin-SWG
HysteriaX - CxC/Section One - Archimonde-WoW
Flounder/Goldfish - Fires of Tirisfal - Maelstrom-WoW
Chuubs/Goldfish - Tactical Wookie Assault Team - The Fatman-SWTOR

funkiestj
12.10.2012 , 04:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
Winning Huttball by possession is among the most thrilling experiences the game has to offer. So I disagree.
I agree with this disagree

Deciding when to turtle is an interesting decision. Being able to stay alive when you are turtling is not luck. Getting the ball after a reset is not luck.

The current system is great.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

DegreesOfFreedom
12.10.2012 , 04:49 PM | #20
I don't really have an issue with it but I think there is virtue in having a record that also takes into account having a draw (tie) record along with wins and losses. This is especially helpful to in voidstar where no one caps the first door instead of having most kills as the tiebreaker. If you are having an objective type of game, I think both teams deserve some credit in preventing you to score or preventing you to cap as opposed to just slapping you with a loss record (if ranked).