Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beginners Guide to Guardian Tanking by Camarius

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Beginners Guide to Guardian Tanking by Camarius

Reijbek
07.08.2012 , 03:46 PM | #71
Great Guide
Thanks!

marihell
07.22.2012 , 08:34 PM | #72
I am a newbie, and this is a huge help :-D Have been afraid to play with others in group because i'm not that good and could ruin for everyone - but maybe now i can get the skills needed :-P Thanks a million!!

SalBasss
08.23.2012 , 08:21 AM | #73
Thanks for the guide! I do not have a Guardian, I merely read the thread to get some insight on the tanking class since one Guardian in our guild is having some trouble with AOE threat. Quick question about that: excluding taunts, I assume the best way to generate/hold aoe threat is the following (leaving out force builders and whatnot). Is this correct?

Force Sweep (targets receive 4 stacks of sunder armor)
Sundering Strike (target receives 1 stack of sunder armor)
Guardian Slash (applies high threat to your target plus 2 additional nearby targets)

At this point some mix of hilt strike to hold any guys not affected by Guardian Slash's debuff and additional force sweeps is ideal.

Do I have the right idea? Trying to understand the ideal mechanic before I go and figure out what our guy is doing. Thanks!

Kytea
10.14.2012 , 01:58 PM | #74
Can you please fix the build in section 4.2? It's only showing 31/2/4 points, missing a few
Thanks

kelavari
11.01.2012 , 01:32 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
Thanks for the guide! I do not have a Guardian, I merely read the thread to get some insight on the tanking class since one Guardian in our guild is having some trouble with AOE threat. Quick question about that: excluding taunts, I assume the best way to generate/hold aoe threat is the following (leaving out force builders and whatnot). Is this correct?

Force Sweep (targets receive 4 stacks of sunder armor)
Sundering Strike (target receives 1 stack of sunder armor)
Guardian Slash (applies high threat to your target plus 2 additional nearby targets)

At this point some mix of hilt strike to hold any guys not affected by Guardian Slash's debuff and additional force sweeps is ideal.

Do I have the right idea? Trying to understand the ideal mechanic before I go and figure out what our guy is doing. Thanks!
I'm still a newbie, and don't have a lot of experience, but have been doing a ton of reading on the subject so I can learn as I level and really understand the class and be ready for Endgame when I get there. Everything I've read says you've hit the nail on the head.

kelavari
11.01.2012 , 01:34 PM | #76
Amazing, wonderful thread. Such great info in here, especially for players new to MMOs and the Tank. Only critique I can make is that it needs to be updated to reflect the most recent additions to the game. Great work!

jedip_enguin
12.10.2012 , 03:13 PM | #77
Handy guide, has already proved useful to my baby guardian.

Could use a bit of an update though, some of the talent builds are broken due to updates.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh