Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Tie Break = Lame

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball Tie Break = Lame

Twighead
12.10.2012 , 01:59 PM | #1
Anyone else that would like to see this changed? Possession is a stupid way to determine the winner. Half the time it's a matter of luck of who gets the ball with the right amount of time left in the game.

A 2-3 minute, sudden death overtime period would be better (sudden death means the first goal scored wins it, for you non sports fans). If it was still tied after that, then I'm sure we could come up with a better idea for a tie breaker than what we have. Almost anything would be better.

Belly
12.10.2012 , 02:03 PM | #2
I dunno, I can't think of a better way. Coin toss? hell no. And I don't think we want games dragging on too long. It sucks to lose on possession but I really don't see a viable alternative.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

cycao
12.10.2012 , 02:03 PM | #3
It can be frustrating but I don't really have an issue with it. I have a problem with a marauder having the ball with 30 seconds left and full health with a guard on him and decides to pass the ball to a sorc with half health, not that this happened to me last night...

Sudden death could be cool but they shortened this game up for a reason and adding to the length could really suck as when facing two good teams could last a while.

Mazikeen
12.10.2012 , 02:03 PM | #4
Nope. I personally like it as-is. I've been in tie games that are fairly relaxed until the timer hits 30 seconds, then everyone goes nutters trying to snag the ball. It's like watching rabid hyenas.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

stringcat
12.10.2012 , 02:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Twighead View Post
Anyone else that would like to see this changed? Possession is a stupid way to determine the winner. Half the time it's a matter of luck of who gets the ball with the right amount of time left in the game..

It's only luck if people aren't paying attention.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

CharterMonkKent
12.10.2012 , 02:09 PM | #6
/sackrace
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

DroidDreamer
12.10.2012 , 02:47 PM | #7
Winning Huttball by possession is among the most thrilling experiences the game has to offer. So I disagree.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

criminalheretic
12.10.2012 , 03:06 PM | #8
I don't mind the tie breaker so much, but maybe something to spice it up. If the score is tied in the last 60 seconds, anyone that holds the ball more than ten seconds explodes. So you're still trying to keep the ball at the end, but not stacking in the corner of a pit spamming heals. Make the last 60 seconds kind of a 'hot potato', but if you spike it and no one picks it up, then the other team wins. It'd be chaotic, but exciting. *shrug*

At the very least people would have to practice their passing in that last 60 seconds, if they managed to avoid it for the previous 13 minutes like they usually do...
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

cashogy
12.10.2012 , 03:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
It's only luck if people aren't paying attention.
this. learn the game mechanics, and dont be a bad

Lionflash
12.10.2012 , 03:18 PM | #10
They should make a tie end in a DEATH MATCH!

It would totally fit the lore too.

Giradda the Hutt: "Ootaaa Woottaaaa!!1 Blaerrggg!!!"
Announcer : "Errm, Giradda the Hutt proclaims that there are no draws in Huttball... Uhm... the winners of the match will be decided by a uh... Battle to the Death!!:
Giradda the Hutt: "Toowallaaa Beeaaaggggh!!"

Then everyone gets one life and the winner is the last team standing.

Someything would have to be done about stealthers hidding out when they are the last man left... chillin in some corner somewhere...