Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is it possible for Revan to start new romance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is it possible for Revan to start new romance?

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.10.2012 , 12:30 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
So? Lots of Sith probably sound pathetic when defeated. Palpatine's last words were "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH"

Or to use the opposite extreme as Malak, It's not as if

*SW SPOILERS*

Spoiler


Plus Malak wasn't wrong, even before the fight he complains that "fate and destiny, have conspired to keep you alive Revan."
But he didn't admit he's weak and nothing. Yeah Baras' words are weak as well, but not as weak as Malak, he also said "Victory will be mine!" before his death.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
12.10.2012 , 12:59 PM | #32
And he sounded pathetic because those words were hollow. Sometimes you've got to admit you were bested. Plus he didn't say he was weak, he said it wasn't his destiny to rule the galaxy.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.10.2012 , 01:18 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
And he sounded pathetic because those words were hollow. Sometimes you've got to admit you were bested. Plus he didn't say he was weak, he said it wasn't his destiny to rule the galaxy.
Yeah Malak admitted his defeat that's ok, but I don't like him for saying "You did every thing, I just stole your power, I am nothing." As a Sith he should vow for revenge, as the Sith apprentice of Revan he should believe he would surpass his master.

JabstJaif's Avatar


JabstJaif
12.10.2012 , 01:30 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Bastila is long gone in TOR, and maybe he could start a new life, there is nothing wrong with it. Also I think Bastila might also have affair after Revan was gone, at least 20-30 years is hard to endure for a chick like her.
Nah. I read the book by Drew Karpyshyn. In the book it stated that Bastila still didn't believe he was dead that she sort of felt his presence but as if it was a great distance away. And it also shows her with her son having kids and her as a single grandmother. It could be that she stayed married to him because she believed him to still be alive...

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.10.2012 , 01:38 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by JabstJaif View Post
Nah. I read the book by Drew Karpyshyn. In the book it stated that Bastila still didn't believe he was dead that she sort of felt his presence but as if it was a great distance away. And it also shows her with her son having kids and her as a single grandmother. It could be that she stayed married to him because she believed him to still be alive...
You don't have to be remarried, or totally forget someone to have affair...

JabstJaif's Avatar


JabstJaif
12.10.2012 , 02:23 PM | #36
It could also depend on if he was legally declared dead...

And sorry. I had it in my mind for a second that we were talking about Revan getting a new relationship..not Bastila. My bad

JabstJaif's Avatar


JabstJaif
12.10.2012 , 02:26 PM | #37
The other thing to realize is this: If you were lucky enough to actually sleep with Revan...I'm pretty sure everyone else is a letdown.

Swarlesx's Avatar


Swarlesx
12.10.2012 , 02:42 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
You don't have to be remarried, or totally forget someone to have affair...
You think pretty low of Bastila don't you?

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
12.10.2012 , 04:05 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yeah Malak admitted his defeat that's ok, but I don't like him for saying "You did every thing, I just stole your power, I am nothing." As a Sith he should vow for revenge, as the Sith apprentice of Revan he should believe he would surpass his master.
Why would he vow revenge? They both knew it would be an empty threat. Revan defeated him and he realized he had failed in the end to take Revan's spot. He probably realized it was pointless to swear revenge he could never carry out as he was dying and used his last breath on something else. He didn't exactly say "You did everything, I just stole your power" either.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.10.2012 , 04:19 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Swarlesx View Post
You think pretty low of Bastila don't you?
Personally, I think as a Jedi she's not resilient enough, as a Sith she's obviously not good enough, as a character she's quite interesting.