Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any tree for GS that is not Cover Specific in order to deal good damage?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Is there any tree for GS that is not Cover Specific in order to deal good damage?

Kakashai
12.10.2012 , 11:01 AM | #1
Looking to role a GS as my alt toon but I like the run and gun style of play. Is there a tree that is not cover specific I want to be able to run and gun style of play and so far I am not seeing that with the GSers I see in game and pvp.

adezero
12.10.2012 , 12:07 PM | #2
df

don't go df til 30 though

Talyndor
12.10.2012 , 01:07 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by adezero View Post
df

don't go df til 30 though
What adezero said.

To both observations. Run SS (imho) until you hit at least 30, if not more.

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

Helig
12.10.2012 , 01:10 PM | #4
Engineering has out-of-cover funtions as well.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Kakashai
12.10.2012 , 02:46 PM | #5
DF kool thanks for the info guys much appreciated

Lightning_
12.11.2012 , 01:52 AM | #6
Roll a Powertech. Seriously, the best run and gun animations ever!

As for GS, well, you'll be quite bound to cover intil level 30-40, after that just go Dirty Fighting, that's the best you can hope for. Although you'll never will be totally free from cover, especially in PvP. No cover -> jump -> Smash. Or pull -> Pyro burst...

RicoZaid
12.13.2012 , 01:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightning_ View Post
Roll a Powertech. Seriously, the best run and gun animations ever!

As for GS, well, you'll be quite bound to cover intil level 30-40, after that just go Dirty Fighting, that's the best you can hope for. Although you'll never will be totally free from cover, especially in PvP. No cover -> jump -> Smash. Or pull -> Pyro burst...
This.
55(62 valor) Powertech, 55(58) Shadow, 55(46) Gunslinger, 55(45) Scoundrel, 55(45) Sentinel, 55(15) Guardian, 55(5) Sage, 55(1) Commando, 55 (1) Sniper, 55 (1) Juggernaut, 55(1) Assassin. Founder.

Diplomaticus
12.13.2012 , 01:41 PM | #8
For PvE, I'd recommand a Sab/DF hybrid. It's good deeps and probably the least reliant on Cover/standing still.

For PvP, there is no escaping cover, as its defensive capacities are too powerful. Even casted abilities that don't require it (read: Wounding Shots) should always be used from Cover as there is just no good reason not to. Even when using direct abilities you shouldn't leave cover lightly, especially when not kiting, as you can never know a well aware marauder might just tab you and jump you.

For PvP, the trees available to you are Sab, DF and Sab/DF.