Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

CommanderKeeva
12.10.2012 , 10:29 AM | #1721
Stealing pages from this thread again, are we?

Bad, bad, Bioware!
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

TheJackalistaken
12.10.2012 , 10:31 AM | #1722
What the **** BW, why did you just delete my glorious wall of text. I was defending your system ffs.
Rhaffus Firebug-Pyro
Nothing Personal-The Bastion

chaosmadness
12.10.2012 , 10:40 AM | #1723
I just dont understand how can PVP be competitive or balanced in a game when we are able to fight against premades in regular warzones...lol
And what players do when see that its a premade ?? Just leave...and this happens many times.

The PVP only gonna be competitive when premades play only against premades, and not against solo randoms.

Veniras
12.10.2012 , 10:48 AM | #1724
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
I just dont understand how can PVP be competitive or balanced in a game when we are able to fight against premades in regular warzones
It can't. But it does keep queue times down.

chaosmadness
12.10.2012 , 11:01 AM | #1725
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
It can't. But it does keep queue times down.
Veniras, in this moment, i see many ppl leaving warzones because premades and this isn't good. Premades keep queue times down but are making many players leaving warzones too...

g_land
12.10.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1726
Why were three full pages of this thread removed bioware!?
Goldeneyes - Guardian Tank
Owyn - Sage DPS
Guildmaster - Exiles of the Jedi
Guild Moto: Dirian, "A dirty kill is better than a clean wipe"

Jadescythe
12.10.2012 , 11:10 AM | #1727
I just dont understand how can PVP be competitive or balanced in a game when we are able to fight against premades in regular warzones...lol
And what players do when see that its a premade ?? Just leave...and this happens many times.

The PVP only gonna be competitive when premades play only against premades, and not against solo randoms.
Be honest, you want the premades out of your warzones because they are better than you, right? As much as people will dress it up as better coordination and VOIP being the main factors, you are simply being outgeared and outplayed and are upset that you can't compete with these players while they almost always get wins.

It's a valid reason to be frustrated, I won't argue that. But not having as good of gear and skill (maybe just your team and not necessarily you individually) is easily resolved by gaining that advantage yourself in the current environment. Gear gap will all but disappear tomorrow and completely disappear shortly thereafter. As to the ability of your team, that will always be random if you don't know who you are going to be queued with. You will continue to be frustrated for as long as you solo queue if you go in with the mentality that both teams are going to be equal and you will experience the renaissance of competitive PVP by eliminating groups.

Simply because you are queuing solo does not mean you are bad/casual/antisocial. It could mean people you know are busy in other areas. It could mean you are on at an off time because of a schedule change. It could mean you just want to get in a quick match or two. All of these are reasons to solo queue but none are reasons to ALWAYS solo queue.

You can't tell me that you don't want to group, warzones are inherently group dependent since it is 8v8. You can't tell me you only get 30 min to an hour to play 2 days a week and expect anyone to feel sorry for you in a very time dependent game. Not only is the leveling process and gear grind extremely long, but there are 8 ACs with 3 trees each plus hybrid builds to learn to counter. It also takes all of 15 seconds to get a PVP group together if you make some friends or join a guild.

Essentially the argument I hear from those advocating against premades is more in regards to finding a way to make regular warzones more casual friendly which separating queues does not accomplish. In fact, longer queues would be a detriment to players who play less frequently by offering fewer chances to play. They will still get rolled over by better players in a solo queue and different changes will have to be made to get more competitive matches together. You shouldn't care how the other team is grouped (or not) as long as the ability on each team is relatively equal. I'd rather have well balanced premade/PUG queues than random separate queues.
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

Veniras
12.10.2012 , 11:25 AM | #1728
Veniras, in this moment, i see many ppl leaving warzones because premades and this isn't good. Premades keep queue times down but are making many players leaving warzones too...
I know. I solo. And in clearly lopsided matches I tend to save myself some aggravation and do the same.

CommanderKeeva
12.10.2012 , 11:26 AM | #1729
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
It's a valid reason to be frustrated, I won't argue that. But not having as good of gear and skill (maybe just your team and not necessarily you individually) is easily resolved by gaining that advantage yourself in the current environment. Gear gap will all but disappear tomorrow and completely disappear shortly thereafter.
No it will never completely disappear, the developers themselves said as much. There will always be stat differences between PvP tiers according to the Rob Hinkle interview. The main difference will be that everyone will have the exact same amount of expertise because there wont be an exp difference between PvP tiers. This means that everyone in a full set of PvP gear will have the same dmg/heal boost and the same dmg reduction.

There will be, however, differences on the main and secondary sets. War Hero and Elite War Hero sets will have more strength/willpower/aim/cunning/endurance/crit/surge/power/accuracy/alacrity/defense/shield/absorb than Recruit. The difference will not be massive, hopefully, but it will be noticeable. A person wearing full Elite War Hero will still do more damage and have more health than a person in full Recruit.

As for future PvP tiers, they are planning on a three-tier PvP gear progression. An unmoddable Recruit set, a set quickly obtained with nwz comms and a set that needs rwz comms and you can grind for. The overall stat difference between Recruit and the RWZ set is around 5% and the difference between the NWZ and RWZ set is around 3%. When a new PvP set is rolled out, the previous RWZ set becomes the new NWZ set and Recruit goes up a tier.

That way serious PvP'ers will always have a set to grind for but it will only provide a minimal advantage over the NWZ set. (If you have it, great, if not....well you still won't be gimped by your gear.)
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

DarthSabreth
12.10.2012 , 11:45 AM | #1730

Very well said, the premades are starting to run around the clock now on our server and the que times are much longer now. the casual pvpers and the F2Pers will not put up with this for much longer and will either unsub or give up. Im almost at the point of throwing in the towel myself.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .