Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

clone wars S05E011

BlazingShadow
12.10.2012 , 10:52 AM | #11
the ice comets took me by surprise... they looked quite beautiful, reminded me of the ORIGINAL Star Tours

but the episode was otherwise boring and made me want to kill myself.

I've noticed a bit more and more that the shows have more starwarsy music and not the crap they started with in TCW movie...

JekRendar
12.12.2012 , 11:59 AM | #12
The episode was filler, plain and simple. They could have literally truncated it down into five minutes and it still would have made sense. The ship repair sequence (homage to Episode I) was a nice addition though.

Having said that, I do think people are missing the point of this arc: It's about heroism from the least likely of people. It's very Tolkien-esque.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Tomb-Stone
12.12.2012 , 01:46 PM | #13
Although I did not care for the episode, I did think the landscape did have some subtle but effective creativity. The sky looked like sandy terrain and the ground looked like an overcast cloudy sky. It helped reinforce the idea that it is easy to lose your bearings in the void.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

Beniboybling
12.12.2012 , 02:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomb-Stone View Post
Although I did not care for the episode, I did think the landscape did have some subtle but effective creativity. The sky looked like sandy terrain and the ground looked like an overcast cloudy sky. It helped reinforce the idea that it is easy to lose your bearings in the void.
That's what I liked too, hopefully we'll see more of this, in future episodes.

Eillack
12.12.2012 , 06:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
The episode was filler, plain and simple. They could have literally truncated it down into five minutes and it still would have made sense. The ship repair sequence (homage to Episode I) was a nice addition though.

Having said that, I do think people are missing the point of this arc: It's about heroism from the least likely of people. It's very Tolkien-esque.
If it was, shouldn't it have been interesting then?

MasterMe
12.13.2012 , 08:03 AM | #16
That episode was AWFUL!! This whole series is pretty bad (imo). It reminded me that TCW was made for kids.

I just can't believe the threw a freaking frog in Star Wars!

Beniboybling
12.13.2012 , 11:24 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
That episode was AWFUL!! This whole series is pretty bad (imo). It reminded me that TCW was made for kids.

*GASP* what heresy is this?

Lol, afraid I can't really defend the colonel - but yeah, some of these episodes are gonna be directly tailored for kids. You just gotta put up with it and gaze at the pretty comets

LukeSaberRattler
12.13.2012 , 11:33 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post

Yeah these last 6 or so episodes have been for kids no question I have not enjoyed them to much. However, to say TCW as a whole is only for kids would be very wrong. Some of these episodes were pretty brutal and shocking hopefully once we get past these droids episodes it will start moving in episodes for a little older viewers. I hope because with the move to the Saturday morning cartoon time they may have decided to make only kid friendly episodes though the few at the start of the season weren't.
The Harbinger
Snozzberry lvl 60 Gunslinger -- Friendlyminion lvl 60 Marauder -- UnfriendlyNPC lvl 60 Shadow -- Beskha lvl 57 Mercenary
Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/Rm3kpG

Beniboybling
12.13.2012 , 11:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
Yeah these last 6 or so episodes have been for kids no question I have not enjoyed them to much. However, to say TCW as a whole is only for kids would be very wrong. Some of these episodes were pretty brutal and shocking hopefully once we get past these droids episodes it will start moving in episodes for a little older viewers. I hope because with the move to the Saturday morning cartoon time they may have decided to make only kid friendly episodes though the few at the start of the season weren't.
I would disagree, the past episodes have actually proved TCW dedication to the darker elements of Star Wars. Take the violent opening, Adi Gallia is brutally killed and altogether the lightsaber battles have become noticeably more aggressive and traumatic. Then Savage gets his hand chopped off, showing TCW isn't afraid of showing the gory details.

And then there was the Onderon arc, which ended rather violently. Steela dies, showing the fallibility of Jedi and lessening the whole, 'invincible' vibe and showing heroes to be expendable. And then the King is shot in cold blood, again pretty brutal and blunt. This has obviously has been balanced out with the Younglings arc and this Droid arc - they have to appeal to all viewers. And it looks like the next arc is going to focus on the political side of Star Wars, its obvious what the writers are trying to do here, show all the sides Star Wars has and connect with all its fans.

MasterMe
12.13.2012 , 11:56 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I would disagree, the past episodes have actually proved TCW dedication to the darker elements of Star Wars. Take the violent opening, Adi Gallia is brutally killed and altogether the lightsaber battles have become noticeably more aggressive and traumatic. Then Savage gets his hand chopped off, showing TCW isn't afraid of showing the gory details.

And then there was the Onderon arc, which ended rather violently. Steela dies, showing the fallibility of Jedi and lessening the whole, 'invincible' vibe and showing heroes to be expendable. And then the King is shot in cold blood, again pretty brutal and blunt. This has obviously has been balanced out with the Younglings arc and this Droid arc - they have to appeal to all viewers. And it looks like the next arc is going to focus on the political side of Star Wars, its obvious what the writers are trying to do here, show all the sides Star Wars has and connect with all its fans.
I think he meant "the last few episodes" to say the droid series and the padawan series. The ones before that were very good.