Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The speed of combat in pvp now is too fast?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The speed of combat in pvp now is too fast?

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
12.09.2012 , 04:47 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by OrderOfVirtue View Post
IF you were a skilled PVP'r this topic wouldnt even be here, ya think? On the other hand I am staying on topic about the people that think its to fast. Thats what makes the game interesting and fun, if your skilled you will know when, how, and why to use certain abilities as certain times. Let me go hit someone with 19k health for 2k for 10 global cooldowns just what a want to have a 1 v 1 battle take 2 minutes long... No thanks.
You're wrong on pretty much any point. There's no denying that super low TTK isn't much fun. What about fast TTK makes the game interesting or fun? There's no skill in when how and why to die quickly because of low TTK. Low TTK actually makes things more forgiving for the team doing the killing. If you have to push everything you got to kill in a somewhat limited window things are more interesting than knowing that in the space of a 4 second stun you can burst someone down without them ever able to react.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Lalainnia's Avatar


Lalainnia
12.09.2012 , 05:33 PM | #42
No..... It's not so much the damage that bugs me. Bringing down all abilites by 25% would make other classes/specs almost useless.

For me it's the CC that the burst classes/specs have. Smash/Force sweepers
the force crush ability(lv 40 move in the rage tree) its very annoying does force dot damage then explodes at the end, also slows me by 70% ( some high #) for the duraation plus it gives the stacks of shockwave. Classes that can remove this are sorcerers with thier cleanse, operatives with evasion(1 min cd) and assassins with Force shroud( don't know the cd).

Force Choke and Statis only stun in the game that does damage, it also does the most damage in the Rage/Focus tree because of the 30% crit bonus to all force moves.

Force Charge/Leap- Interupts any move being cast and roots a target for 2sec-3 if talented. Juggernauts are able to reset this abilty with Force push which also intterupts the target and pushes them back. An important note for this is most juggies/maras use the 4 piece vindicator set bonus so 4-6 sec (not sure) after force charge they get a 10% damage buff to all attacks.

Obiliterate/Zealous leap- its another gap closer roots the target for 1 sec has a 10m range not sure if it intterupts casting it also does a nice chunk of damage highest I have had hit me for was 3.3k. On top of all this they have leg slash which costs 1 focus in the rage tree and it slows the target by 50 for 6 sec.

On a side note maras and juggies have very nice friendly buffs such as the friendly leap from juggies reducing damage done by 20% to the target they jump to, (25sec cd?) and maras with predation(somthing like that) gives a 50% speed buff to ALL players that are close enough to benifit (80% if speced in the middle tree). Plus they have buff that gives a 10%? damage and healing boost to all that are close enough to benifit these 2 moves require 30 stacks of centering which is easy to build up.


Hybrid Sorcerers/Sages with bubblestun this needs to be changed asap. The bubble imo is prob the best heal in the game its an instant 3k-4.5k shield on any friendly target and it has a 20-17 sec cd on targets if they have the 2 piece bonus from the mystic set. Now with the change from it being a mez to a stun it turns into an ofensive stun and defensive stun for ANY PLAYER you cast it on. Its awful when a rage juggie or mara leaps to you can break thier own bubble that was placed on them then have a 100% chance to get of a smash, for me this is game breaking because I have utterly no control over stoping that taking less damage, using a wz stim, etc. Its esentially a 3 sec stun on a 17-20sec cd that can go on your're entire team. It breaks my heart

These arent the only crazy abilites classes have but im to tierd to write about the rest... I love this game but its not fun dying half the time stuned or unable to move. O and sorry if I got some of the information wrong about what the moves do and the cd times

/Bonk
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

-Alma-'s Avatar


-Alma-
12.09.2012 , 06:27 PM | #43
On one hand I would prefer slower combat so matches take a bit longer, via reduced damage/healing. However, on the other hand, I would like to see a speed increase via the removal of the automatic slowdown our characters go into when initiating combat. Basically, sprint is removed. Why is this ? It puts our characters into snail mode and sucks tbqh.

So run speed = perma on. Reduced DPS/Healing = win

My 0.2

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
12.09.2012 , 06:30 PM | #44
There's a reason this game is considered the butt of all pvp jokes on mmorpg sites- protip, it's not because anyone considers this game to have good pvp.

Lejune's Avatar


Lejune
12.09.2012 , 07:19 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
there's a reason this game is considered the butt of all pvp jokes on mmorpg sites- protip, it's not because anyone considers this game to have good pvp.
rofl!!!!

adiwantinova's Avatar


adiwantinova
12.10.2012 , 06:45 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by -Alma- View Post
On one hand I would prefer slower combat so matches take a bit longer, via reduced damage/healing. However, on the other hand, I would like to see a speed increase via the removal of the automatic slowdown our characters go into when initiating combat. Basically, sprint is removed. Why is this ? It puts our characters into snail mode and sucks tbqh.

So run speed = perma on. Reduced DPS/Healing = win

My 0.2
Are you saying keep movement speed up? Because that would make it even more difficult to take a node w/-25% dmg/healing.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
12.10.2012 , 08:07 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
With 1300 exp, that 7k turns into 4.5-5.5 at most.
You're underestimating.

My scoundrel currently uses 1288 expertise (a mite under your 1300 example).

Haven't looked at the weekend, but last week on Red Eclipse he was Smashed for:

6105, 6148 and 6179 by Mreek.
6070 and 6116 by Ledonks.
6353 by Kagé.

And not forgetting a 6119 Force Sweep from Rooftops.

Well-geared smashers can get 6k+ on a regular basis against full war hero players.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
12.10.2012 , 08:12 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
You're underestimating.

My scoundrel currently uses 1288 expertise (a mite under your 1300 example).

Haven't looked at the weekend, but last week on Red Eclipse he was Smashed for:

6105, 6148 and 6179 by Mreek.
6070 and 6116 by Ledonks.
6353 by Kagé.

And not forgetting a 6119 Force Sweep from Rooftops.

Well-geared smashers can get 6k+ on a regular basis against full war hero players.
And that's on a scoundrel- a scoundrel has about 32% damage mitigation from armour. A sorc has about 20%. Meaning- that same smash would hit a sorc for about 7.3k damage- even at full expertise.

And since it's auto crit... that means it'll hit about that hard most of the time.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
12.10.2012 , 08:43 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
And that's on a scoundrel- a scoundrel has about 32% damage mitigation from armour. A sorc has about 20%. Meaning- that same smash would hit a sorc for about 7.3k damage- even at full expertise.

And since it's auto crit... that means it'll hit about that hard most of the time.
correction: it's 25% for medium armor class + potentially a 4% from the tier2 medicine talent.

As for overall numbers nerf, i am against it. Tanks receiving less damage, no thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
12.10.2012 , 08:50 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
AAnd since it's auto crit... that means it'll hit about that hard most of the time.
Correct. Mreek (for example) also smashed me twice more, for 5963 and 5994 which are as near 6k as damnit. I just used 6k as a cutoff.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)