Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf sage HP sacrifice

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Nerf sage HP sacrifice

DweezillKagemand
12.09.2012 , 05:19 PM | #11
Sounds completely OP and utterly gamebreaking.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Glower
12.09.2012 , 06:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
So what if that sage/sorc healed for 400k... how much of that was from self-healing?
Look at death count column tooltip - damage taken / healing done ratio is ur friend.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

tronot
12.09.2012 , 07:30 PM | #13
I don't see people sitting in a corner doing this, but sometimes I'll see it in a losing match, while sitting at a node waiting for the game to end.

Here's what I do:

I heal them while they're consuming. I've lost MVP votes to these people who are padding their stats. So, I don't allow it anymore. It really pisses them off

Zunayson
12.09.2012 , 07:53 PM | #14
Sages sacrificing Nerfs?

SAVE THE NERFS. GIVE THEM RIGHTS.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

OpeningToEndgame
12.09.2012 , 10:47 PM | #15
I do it for the 75k healing medal, but only when I am gaurding a node/turret. I get 3 medals out of it. You can't do it while you're alone. Stealth LOVE to sneak up and gank me when I am at 1% lol

Ameepa
12.10.2012 , 01:51 AM | #16
Oh yes, please nerf it, remove the health cost!

Eszi
12.10.2012 , 01:53 AM | #17
Nerf it! It should come with no hp cost!
Oh wait, that would be a buff

mrekxxx
12.10.2012 , 02:13 AM | #18
solution si easy, we kick farm healers from our guild, doesnt matter if he is doin it alone near turret...

Zenithan
12.10.2012 , 04:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
How about, whenever they do the HP sacrifice thing, they gain a de-buff that prevents them from self-healing for x seconds?
This would be akin to preventing operatives from self-healing after using Stim Boost, Adrenaline Probe, or Diagnostic Scan, except those don't cost life or global cooldowns (except Scan is channeled, of course, and kind of bad.) If you nerf Consumption/Noble Sacrifice, you utterly obliterate sage healing in PvE and remove the somewhat-questionable sustainability sage healers have in PvP. Not only do sage healers - the squishiest healers in the game - have to sustain their resource by sacrificing their own health and then healing themselves through it (negating a portion of the benefit) they also can't heal at the same time due to the GCD cost.

In short, yes, nerf Consumption by removing the health cost. Problem solved! Better yet, rework the sage regeneration mechanic entirely instead of using it as a way to make an already-squishy class squishier and as a way to cap their healing potential.

P.S. Any other healing class can do the exact same thing by stripping off all their armour, putting it back on, and then healing themselves up; it's just more involved.

mrekxxx
12.10.2012 , 08:02 AM | #20
or solution would be add the healing numbers only when sorcerer had used consumption in combat.

out of combat might means no healing numbers .