Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just spammed surgical probe for 15 times in a row

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Just spammed surgical probe for 15 times in a row

Daiyukie
12.09.2012 , 10:16 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
if u can't out dps surgical probe, I'm suprized you got healer down to 30% in the first place....
This. This so hard it hurts.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

Daiyukie
12.09.2012 , 10:20 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
wait wait, are you actually saying that cloaking screen is underpowered?? muhahaha, a free get out of jail free card every 2 mins, jeez, that must be a terrible skill to have. Evasion cleanses even force debuffs, something you cannot remove with your tech cleanse. It's fricking huge.
Evasion is a completely separate cooldown, but thanks for highlighting how useless the cloak is without it since you seem to pair them up automatically.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

CaptainApop
12.09.2012 , 10:40 AM | #63
Let me put this bluntly. Surgical probe refund does not need a hardset cooldown because it has a effective limiter in practical use.

In practice, you MAY get one or two free probes against good players. Any situation you get more than that the incoming damage is **** and weirdly constant as opposed bursty.

Situation the first. The target you heal is not under high pressure. Maybe they've popped a cooldown like guarded by the force, maybe they've vanished or maybe they've LoS'd the ranged murdering them. Either way they're low on hp but not taking damage. You get one maybe two free probes to stabilize them and then they're out of 30% and you need real heals.
All this gains you is energy. Hypothetically you had the time to heal this person as they aren't getting focused.

Situation the second. The target IS under pressure. You get *potentially* loads of free probes however good players dps is higher than your hps from spamming surgical probe alone. All you can do is delay their death for one or two GCDs. OR if you get some concurrent crits you may win yourself enough time to get a real heal off. Maybe.
Worth noting due to jamminess it's not uncommon for one probe to take someone out of 30% range, blow your last TA and then for the damage to hit (nanoseconds later due to latency) and take them back into gib range. IF you are just mindlessly spamming probes.

So one or two free probes. Anything from 3-4.5k healing over two GCDs. THAT is your stupidly overpowered ability?

How dumb people can avoid this causing their brains to hurt.

1. Stun the operative when their tank/ball carrier is getting low. Interupt them before this. Seems simple enough. Their instants outside of 30% range are not going to stop your team chipping anything down and while they're stunned they can't spam probes.
2. Don't burst at the start, chip away some health first then burst. By and large any damage before 70% health generally gets ignored. You'll throw out rotational probes or let the hots take care of it. If someone drops to 20% there is nothing the operative can do OTHER than spam those probes, you will kill the guy eventually. All the healer will do is slow you down.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Glower
12.09.2012 , 10:57 AM | #64
Leave this probe alone, but buff sorc/sage and merc/commando insa-heals!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Lexlo
12.09.2012 , 10:59 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
So why's there no CD? The point is, its spammable - a spammable effect that hard-counters execution abilities.
Because that's intended -- it's counter-play. Many classes have moves that amplify when a target is at less than 30% health. This move offsets that so they never kick in.

Don't pretend that executes are the only way to kill an enemy.
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV

CaptainApop
12.09.2012 , 04:03 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexlo View Post
Because that's intended -- it's counter-play. Many classes have moves that amplify when a target is at less than 30% health. This move offsets that so they never kick in.
I wouldn't even say it hard counters them anymore. They used kick in at 20% whereas surgical probe would kick in at 30%. if you were watching the target you could actively prevent executes even being usable. THAT is a hard counter.

What they do now that both are set to 30% is diminish the effect of an execute somewhat, ie a SOFT counter. Execute still puts the dps ahead (does more damage than probe heals in one GCD). I might agree with them still hard countering if dispatch and the like were melee range moves and someone was topped above 30%(for free) before they caught back up to them but in reality the second someone drops below 30% every lightsaber in that zone flies at them at record pace.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

BenitsubasaChiyo
12.09.2012 , 04:43 PM | #67
Yeah, I absolutely agree with OP - nerf Operatives/Scoundrels even more. Because we clearly haven't had enough stupid nerfs already.