Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Opinion on DPS operative in RWZ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Opinion on DPS operative in RWZ

dufox's Avatar


dufox
12.09.2012 , 08:53 AM | #31
Operatives remind me of fleas, all they do is annoy the **** out of you.
i dont need a sig, im famous *****

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
12.09.2012 , 09:05 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
If you think Conc Ops are fine, you are sorely delusional and in need of some attention. Even a skilled and competent player can't make this class seriously Ranked Viable, Normal Warzones, they can be beasts I will give you that but we're talking Ranked. Sure it can fill a niche and is good for a lulz moment here or there against a less than skilled, experienced, or meticulously class optimized team but against a team that knows exactly what they are doing it and has the most adequately balanced and synergistic classes of the month(s)/Patch (which is the entire premise and point behind Ranked) a concealment Op has very little if any potential.

I for one actually play a fully optimized and augmented WH/EWH Conc Op regularly in both Norm and Ranked play, while our team is successful I can fully admit it is of the team's own volition and not because my class (Conc Op) is anything special; I make it work for what it's worth but the class is borderline under powered, there is just no place for the severely small niche it fills in high end, competitive Ranked Warzones. As many others have already said, the class needs some restructuring, any blind buffs will make the class "overpowered" again and ensue the same problem it had when it launched (full stun locks from 100% to death), it has utility what it needs is sustained DPS and some defensive options as well as a gap closer. Many if not all DPS Ops, including myself, have/are already abandoned their Ops in favor of adequately balanced and Ranked Viable classes. The moment 1.6 hits, I'll be switching to my Powertech and Assassin.
Let's try this again, we run with them in ranked, and have never had an issue. Just because you can't play the class doesn't mean others can't. Again you are setting your own limitations on other players. If operatives were so terrible, then please explain the exceptions to this myth that you and others are perpetuating. It's not an easy class to play, but some people have mastered it and do well. Just because you struggle with the class doesn't mean others do, or that it needs a buff. You simply need to practice more. For further clarification since you seem to miss this a lot, I'm speaking about ranked warzones.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Daiyukie's Avatar


Daiyukie
12.09.2012 , 10:29 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
I can't beat the ones who know how to play the class. Like Sevrow. Others who don't, which is basically everyone else unfortunately, I can beat. Bullit is also an honorable mention right under Sev I might add.
o.0 You said Sevrow has never beaten you "because he makes lots of mistakes". Or was that Kaos? I can't keep the overconfident Warriors who've never played Scrapper/Concealment straight anymore =[

Feel free to show me how Sev beats you every time though, I did want to get in a duel with you way back when I left for Guild Wars 2, but you weren't around. It'll give me a reason to log in!
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
12.09.2012 , 04:40 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Daiyukie View Post
o.0 You said Sevrow has never beaten you "because he makes lots of mistakes". Or was that Kaos? I can't keep the overconfident Warriors who've never played Scrapper/Concealment straight anymore =[

Feel free to show me how Sev beats you every time though, I did want to get in a duel with you way back when I left for Guild Wars 2, but you weren't around. It'll give me a reason to log in!
Ah putting words in my mouth, and that of Kaos now? Why would I show you how to beat me? Sevrow figured it out, you should be able to as well. Knowledge is power, and it isn't always acquired so easily. And i never said he always beats me, but he does a lot in our 1v1s.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Daiyukie's Avatar


Daiyukie
12.11.2012 , 04:13 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Ah putting words in my mouth, and that of Kaos now? Why would I show you how to beat me? Sevrow figured it out, you should be able to as well. Knowledge is power, and it isn't always acquired so easily. And i never said he always beats me, but he does a lot in our 1v1s.
To, I dunno, prove your point? If you go "they're fine, you just suck" but you won't say why and how theyre fine... Well that's not really worth much, is it? Also, quoting someone isn't putting words into their mouths, but I'm pretty sure it was Kaos after thinking about it, so fair enough, you never said that. What you DID say is "I can't beat the ones who know how to play the class." If you reverse that, it's "The ones who know how to play the class beat me," which is where I got the "always" from. If you can't beat someone, you don't win, so it wasn't much of a stretch.

Main point, though, is that backing up your statements with something is kind of important. I mean, I can point to Colie and be like "Commando DPS seems fine, this guy does well, L2P guys." But I know Commandos aren't fine, so I don't argue that. Everything should be balanced around the top-end of skill, but it's not like there's anything complex about SWTOR in any class or tree, so it's not hard to see what classes struggle overall. There's no opportunity to point to some videos/guides and go "See, at the highest level of play it works, so L2P" because the skill ceiling is so low.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.