Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Workaround for excessive mouse sensitivity when moving

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Workaround for excessive mouse sensitivity when moving

DizzD's Avatar


DizzD
12.16.2011 , 06:31 AM | #11
I'm amazed that something so widely reported and integral to the user experience wasn't addressed before EGA.
Darth Dizmal
<REDDIT EMPIRE>
Death Wind Corridor
Moar Pew Pew

mmaker's Avatar


mmaker
12.06.2012 , 06:11 PM | #12
still no fix to this?

back after 11 months or something and i cant play this game properly.. i have the slider on 0% and 400 dpi on my mouse and the rotation is speed about what i want. The problem is that the target speed is to slow now... so i can either have to right rotation speed or correct target speed...not both!

Jason_T's Avatar


Jason_T
12.06.2012 , 06:41 PM | #13
I know that if I turn off windows mouse acceleration and have the pointers 'speed' set at the default 50% mark then the in-game slider works more appropriately. It does still feel like it is a straight up multiplier rather than a percent though IMO a decimal point is in the wrong pace so at 6% you are getting 6x movement speed rather than .06x. (or something along those lines)

MrCircuit's Avatar


MrCircuit
12.09.2012 , 02:04 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jason_T View Post
I know that if I turn off windows mouse acceleration and have the pointers 'speed' set at the default 50% mark then the in-game slider works more appropriately. It does still feel like it is a straight up multiplier rather than a percent though IMO a decimal point is in the wrong pace so at 6% you are getting 6x movement speed rather than .06x. (or something along those lines)
Changing the mouse acceleration in Windows also messes with how the pointer moves there, though, so I have to change it back when I'm not playing the game. My mouse is also equipped with a button to change the DPI, which works as well and the camera is much better, but then the mouse pointer itself is super slow and navigating menus/inventory/etc becomes annoying.

Either way, there really needs to be a fix for this. Half the time I end up spinning in a complete circle when I'm trying to just turn around and it's really irritating.

AndrewHanderson's Avatar


AndrewHanderson
05.16.2013 , 03:18 PM | #15
I have 0% and its still too sensitive

Erun-Azure's Avatar


Erun-Azure
08.03.2013 , 08:47 PM | #16
Hi all,
This is the same for me also sadly. I have turned my settings down to 0% and it still spins around to fast.

FrankyFin's Avatar


FrankyFin
08.09.2013 , 10:44 AM | #17
bumb.

go try to play with the Razer Naga or a similar modern mouse. 1% is way too fast, nevermind the other 99%.

do i really have to mess with my DPI and mouse speed everytime just for swtor? theres not a single other game i ever had a problem with like this.
arkStalker
–arkStalker never die - we just go to hell to regroup

since 2003

tdoyle's Avatar


tdoyle
01.26.2014 , 08:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Langkard View Post
Many of us who have played other games find the movement far too sensitive when turning and moving using the mouse (either with the keyboard + right mouse button or left button + right button together). Here is a simple workaround that will help, without having to go outside the game and mess with your mouse software itself.

In preferences, turn the "Camera Pivot Speed" slider down to a bare minimum. It starts pretty low already at a default of 6%, but turn it down even more. I set mine down to 3-4% and suddenly my movements using the mouse to turn were much smoother and more like other games. It will eliminate the too fast spinning movement and make gameplay more standard.

To BioWare: please consider either adding a separate slider for turning via mouse sensitivity or turn down, internally, the camera pivot speed. The default of 6% is way too "loose" and doesn't leave much room for improvement by turning it lower. Anything above 10% makes the game essentially unplayable using the right mouse button for turning. This obviously needs some adjustment.
I tired this slide it to 3% and it works now I don't have to quit the game again

Slorcsion's Avatar


Slorcsion
01.26.2014 , 08:53 PM | #19
I have the Naga.. sometimes when I sneeze and look back at my screen I have no idea where I am..
DESCENDANTS - POT5
Vil'sor -Sentinel- 55 Nialia -Sage- 55
Rul'ux -Assassin- 55 Vil'krux -Juggernaut- 51