Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bluntron
12.09.2012 , 10:38 AM | #481
Were going to see love (maybe) when they raise the level cap. And give EVERYONE new abilities.

Nightkin
12.09.2012 , 10:39 AM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
Were going to see love (maybe) when they raise the level cap. And give EVERYONE new abilities.
Thats what im afraid off, that they give us stuff THEN that would make us viable NOW but with everyone else getting candy aswell we are still left behind
My videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WatcherEight?feature=watch
http://www.twitch.tv/watchertofn

Watcher 1-15 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd: Guild: DRAMA

Nightkin
12.09.2012 , 10:41 AM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
I just don't like the idea that an aoe can do twice as much damage upfront to a single target and be spammed more often without any counters whatsoever.
Noone except the smashers thinks that rage/focus is balanced, and not exactly surprising most of them defend the spec tooth an nail
My videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WatcherEight?feature=watch
http://www.twitch.tv/watchertofn

Watcher 1-15 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd: Guild: DRAMA

ArchangelLBC
12.09.2012 , 12:30 PM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
Thats what im afraid off, that they give us stuff THEN that would make us viable NOW but with everyone else getting candy aswell we are still left behind
Depends on what we get vs what they get I think. Look at sent/mara at 30 vs the same class at 40 or 45. Other classes are getting tools in that range too, but that's when they get Guarded, that's when Combat gets Precision Slash. Smash spec is pretty much worthless before 40.

Personally, I'm expecting our interrupt to be reduced to 10m, and Cryo Grenade to be changed to a root (Commando only).
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy
12.09.2012 , 12:50 PM | #485
with the advent of more talent points, id imagine they add another tier to each tree.

if not you start having to balance some weird hybrid crap.

Bluntron
12.09.2012 , 12:54 PM | #486
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
well having over 1200 expertise *does* increase your potential PvP damage reduction.

but what I was saying was that if both you and your opponent have 1200 expertise, the offensive and defensive bonuses cancel themselves out.

so even tho the PvP Damage Bonus % is always a little higher than PvP Damage Reduction, when equal Expertise players fight each other they are Expertise bonus neutral
So if most ppl are only going 1200 expertise than wouldnt I be taking less damage from them since I have 1390?

Bluntron
12.09.2012 , 12:55 PM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
if our candy is king size reese and everyone else candy is fun size tootsie rolls, I'd be happy.

cashogy
12.09.2012 , 12:58 PM | #488
So if most ppl are only going 1200 expertise than wouldnt I be taking less damage from them since I have 1390?
you will be reducing ~1% more damage, give or take. personally, i would take the extra Aim + End. Bracers/Belt are a great place to swap out a bit of expertise for +Aim and +End

ArchangelLBC
12.09.2012 , 01:01 PM | #489
if our candy is king size reese and everyone else candy is fun size tootsie rolls, I'd be happy.
Yep.

I'm betting ours is candy corn though and theirs is ribeye.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy
12.09.2012 , 01:05 PM | #490
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Yep.

I'm betting ours is candy corn though and theirs is ribeye.
i like candy corn

this is all wildly speculative, and i kinda cba. bioware has barely mentioned anything about how the new level cap will affect class balance.

like others have said, balance now before adding new stuff. that is common sense.