Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, I just beat the Foundry's end boss....

Deimias
12.09.2012 , 09:42 AM | #1
It felt.... wrong? That guy is a legend, how is some level 36 scrub like me able to touch him? This man is one of the greatest of his kind ever, holed up in an unbreachable fortress.... and I just stroll in with 3 people and whoop his ***?

OddballEasyEight
12.09.2012 , 09:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimias View Post
It felt.... wrong? That guy is a legend, how is some level 36 scrub like me able to touch him? This man is one of the greatest of his kind ever, holed up in an unbreachable fortress.... and I just stroll in with 3 people and whoop his ***?
Well... He HAS been holed up in an unbreachable fortress for a couple of hundred years... time takes its toll (not to mention all the other stuff thats happened to him, but i wont tell too much because that would be spoiling)
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

Knightsire
12.09.2012 , 09:51 AM | #3
The trick is finding something just as compelling or even more so to replace what was lost. I like the new class stories and the characters you build. Hopefully, each of these journeys lead somewhere epic.

knil
12.09.2012 , 09:54 AM | #4
He disappears at the end. He doesn't die. I don't think that is the last we will see of him.

Mirmirmi
12.09.2012 , 09:54 AM | #5
I was hoping for him to play a role similar to Malgus on the Imperial side. Be a Republic hero, pop up in some quests, etc.
Mirmirmi the Shadow Mirhap the Agent Mirlation the Knight Mirdur the Hunter Emirgency the Scoundrel

Deimias
12.09.2012 , 09:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Well... He HAS been holed up in an unbreachable fortress for a couple of hundred years... time takes its toll (not to mention all the other stuff thats happened to him, but i wont tell too much because that would be spoiling)
Spoiler

Deimias
12.09.2012 , 09:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirmirmi View Post
I was hoping for him to play a role similar to Malgus on the Imperial side. Be a Republic hero, pop up in some quests, etc.
This would have been pretty neat. Ideally the mystique should be kept, but it's better than what happened.

Sentinel-Jordal
12.09.2012 , 09:56 AM | #8
There is many weird moments in SWTOR like this.
Etc in Terror from Beyond (BE AWARE MINOR SPOILER)
Here you fight some legendary siths that killed countless of warriors and terrorized the galaxy in many many many years some hundreds years ago. Well the weird thing is that it is laughable easy to kill them It doesn't felt like you met some legendary evil siths just some sith warriors... I have only tried to fight them at TFB SM though. Imagine that they are a little bit harder to kill at HM
END OF SPOILER

I don't know why BW deided.that so many epic enemies shall be.so easy to kill...
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

OddballEasyEight
12.09.2012 , 09:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimias View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

Mirmirmi
12.09.2012 , 10:02 AM | #10
I feel like Bioware handled the "epic" feel of killing Soa in the Eternity Vault pretty well. Even though there was little backstory, you could tell this was a seriously bad dude. It certainly felt like an accomplishment to finally kill him back in the day.

But, our characters are their hay-day's heroes, I guess. Thinning out the competition. It'd just be nice to have some more fanfare around some of the more important kills.
Mirmirmi the Shadow Mirhap the Agent Mirlation the Knight Mirdur the Hunter Emirgency the Scoundrel