Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PETITION: Change Corrupted Flesh in sorcerer's Madness to 30% AoE reduction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
PETITION: Change Corrupted Flesh in sorcerer's Madness to 30% AoE reduction

Monterone
11.23.2012 , 04:29 PM | #1
The talent right now is a 2 point talent in Tier 4 of the Madness tree. Madness still has survivability issues and two points for -15% periodic damage is not worth investing points into -- most every spec avoids these two points.

Even moving this talent to -30% periodic damage might make it more desirable and would not be too much since multiple other classes get -30% reductions in damage. But a great move would be to just change it to -30% AoE reduction. This would become a must have for Madness and may prompt more people to get into it.

Yes, sorcerers are supposed to stand on the outskirts and not get AoEd, but as we all know it's pretty much unavoidable with how much high damage AoE there is in the game. This would change an unused talent to a very helpful one that might address some survivability issues for dps side of sorcs.

Fidelio
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

ReaverOfDarkness
11.25.2012 , 05:59 PM | #2
I agree. Perhaps the biggest reason it would be so useful is because a sorceror healer has to stand still for 2 - 2.5 seconds to cast a heal. That's if they get lucky and aren't disrupted or thrown back, or have to run around to figure out how to get line of sight with their target. So they pretty much have to stand in the fire because the fire WILL get put under them as soon as they start casting the heal. The alternate is just to never heal anyone, which makes them a pretty lousy healer indeed.
\\m|||=<C(██████████████████████)

Monterone
12.05.2012 , 02:14 PM | #3
Bump for visibility for devs.

I would also move this down a tier to tier 3... that would keep it out of reach of healers but make it possible for both dps trees to enjoy some survivability. Keep it in Madness to prevent bubble stun healers getting an extra layer of protection.

Question: how many people actually take this as it is currently, just a 15% DoT reduction?
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

JP_Legatus
12.05.2012 , 10:53 PM | #4
I agree. In addition, they should get 300% force regen, 10s of invincibility and bubbles should reset the resolve meter when it stuns someone.

Stealios
12.06.2012 , 12:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
I agree. In addition, they should get 300% force regen, 10s of invincibility and bubbles should reset the resolve meter when it stuns someone.
You forgot combat stealth.

Griad
12.06.2012 , 06:47 AM | #6
Your ranged dps/heals, reason why deception gets it is because they need to be in melee range to pew pew. So no i dont think this would ever happen
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Monterone
12.06.2012 , 11:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Sarcasm aside, how would you fix dps sorcs? Make them viable for rated?

Have you ever had a chance to play a sorc? In ranked?
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

fungihoujo
12.09.2012 , 07:24 AM | #8
How dare you make a reasonable suggestion that would be on par with what other classes get and might make a DPS class that is considered useless in RWZ slightly more viable.

Time to start making hyperbolic statements like 'might as well ask for 10 second immunity' because I'm the forum's biggest tool.