Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is anyone else disappointed with the Exile's and Revan's Legacy in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is anyone else disappointed with the Exile's and Revan's Legacy in SWTOR

pbajnokl
12.09.2012 , 06:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Their time is over and should not make appearance in SWTOR.
You're wrong, Revan time was over in the Darth Bane:Path of Destruction novel... as he sais so in it, and he almost was resurected in the clone wars... but I accept that, defeating Revan don't gives me that kind of chill in the ToR (t was kind of empty) when I defeted Darth Malak in the KotoR.

Beniboybling
12.09.2012 , 06:48 AM | #12
I gave this a little thought, and actually realised I don't. Sure they didn't represent the Exile too well, but I thought Revan was very well done. And maybe he's robes did look a bit rubbish. But hey, the story was good. I like how Scourge helped Revan and Meetra face the Emperor and then helped the JK do the same in a nostalgic scenario. I thought that was really well done. And I like how the whole Treaty of Coruscant was orchestrated by Revan - wasn't that cool? And I think it was a great idea to have the Republic heroes rescue him. And then the Imperial heroes 'defeat' him. You don't give the flashpoint enough credit, its got the whole Rakata theme going on, you get to meet HK-47 and fight him, and the confrontation with Revan is suitably epic and nostalgic.

I think its important that Revan didn't play too big a role in SWTOR - after all its not his story anymore, its about the heroes of the Republic and the Empire. Revan's and the Exile's story ended in the Revan novel.

And I really can't see the grounds for peoples argument against the presentation of Meetra. You can't ruin a character that technically never existed. Meetra never spoke aloud in KOTOR 2, you just selected words from a menu, Meetra was you and obviosuly people aren't going to like how Meetra turns out, because that isn't them.

OldVengeance makes a good point here though, perhaps it would have been better if they have remained legends who dissapeared into the Unknown Regions to fight the Sith Empire. And SWTOR could have left clues as to what there fate was, but still left it vague. Unfortunately OldVengeance, while this is a good idea, those in favour are severely outweighed by those who wanted to see Revan, HK and the Exile return in SWTOR. Well, be careful what you wish for...

Spartanik
12.09.2012 , 07:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
Seriously Bioware, **** WHAT YOU GUYS DID TO THE EXILE!

Meetra Surik was a farrrrrr better character than Revan and you pretty much ignored everything about Atton, Mira, Handmaiden, Disciple, Mandalore, Visas, GOTO and Kreia which is disappointing since after the Events of KotOR2 Atton, Mira, Handmaiden, Disciple and (I think) Visas Marr were supposed to be integral to the rebuilding of the Jedi Order.
About Mandalore, aka Canderos Ordo, his skull with a blaster hole in it is in display on the Imperial fleet. Cant remember where though. Wonder what happen to him.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Jemfisto
12.09.2012 , 12:14 PM | #14
Although I seem to be in the minority, I absolutely loved the revan novel and the stories of the exile and revan in tor. Their stories from motor games to revan book to the old republic are my favorite part about star wars.

ZayneDraay
12.09.2012 , 12:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Extremely.

I played both KoToR and KoToR II so many times trying to find clues of what happened with Revan or what could possibly happen next with their stories if their was a game 3 to be released. KoToR 2 especially. I played male, female, light side, dark side, gray; killed the Jedi Masters one by one, left them all alive, fought only 3 and saved 1 just to see the different outcomes to find out what they would reveal about Revan. I put up with Mical's annoying whiny sniveling and questioning. I ignored Carth always stopping me to answer questions only to not give me any REAL answers at the end of KoToR II just to get a glimpse what would be possible in the future. I put up with Kreia!!

And what happened? Well...

Spoiler

NOT the ending I wanted for our heroes. But....let me say this. I thoroughly enjoy the game and will play it as long as I can before tiring of it. Might even go back and play KoToR again.
Why, do people always have a difficulty of accepting a characters death when you just happened to be able to customize him/her. Characters in stories throughout all of time have died unimportant deaths even though their acheivements were great. Besides, how could Kreia know about the Emperor debacle? I for one LOVED the mysticism surrounding KOTOR II, yes even the Revan parts.

P.S. I totally agree with you Jemfisto
"Those who know me by reputation say I am a creature of the cold darkness, a monster if you will. Now you too shall fear me." - Darth Crios, lord of icy wrath

Slowpokeking
12.09.2012 , 12:42 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by pbajnokl View Post
You're wrong, Revan time was over in the Darth Bane:Path of Destruction novel... as he sais so in it, and he almost was resurected in the clone wars... but I accept that, defeating Revan don't gives me that kind of chill in the ToR (t was kind of empty) when I defeted Darth Malak in the KotoR.
That's a weak point of the Bane trilogy, I don't get why would Bane get the insight of Rule of Two from Revan and Malak since Malak is totally a failure if you view him as a Bane era Sith.

CaptainApop
12.09.2012 , 12:43 PM | #17
The problem is most of the KOTOR2 plot points got thrown right out. Which is a terrible shame because some of them were *********** COOL. I'm just going to vent because I feel I need to get this out.

Spoiler

Secondly the exile got lobotomized.
Spoiler

Bah, humbug.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Ellyria
12.09.2012 , 01:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ZayneDraay View Post
Why, do people always have a difficulty of accepting a characters death when you just happened to be able to customize him/her. Characters in stories throughout all of time have died unimportant deaths even though their acheivements were great.
It's not so much that she died (before the novel I expected one if not both of them to die), it's HOW she died. After all the horrible characterizations of her in the novel and relegating her to Revan's sidekick, her death apparently didn't warrant more than a four line paragraph and was completely unnecessary. She didn't die like a hero, she died like a ***** from
Spoiler
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy The Shadowlands ~ The Highwind Legacy
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

Arathenes
12.09.2012 , 02:31 PM | #19
I was quite horrified about the Revan book... And then SWTOR... It literally killed something in me to see Surik come to such a cheap end and then Revan simply getting time-delay-killed *sigh* They should have just made Kotor III by Osidian or SWTOR but just mention them nothing more... Kinda a big great hero Statue on Coruscant and some side notes not getting r**** by poor story writting

Beniboybling
12.09.2012 , 04:28 PM | #20
I'll repeat what I said to all of the above - be careful what you wish for.