Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it possible for Revan to start new romance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is it possible for Revan to start new romance?

Slowpokeking
12.09.2012 , 02:11 AM | #1
Bastila is long gone in TOR, and maybe he could start a new life, there is nothing wrong with it. Also I think Bastila might also have affair after Revan was gone, at least 20-30 years is hard to endure for a chick like her.

Swarlesx
12.09.2012 , 02:21 AM | #2
I doubt it. They shared a very strong force bond. There relationship was more than just desire. In fact I bet that Bastila would have stuck to the jedi code and never have fallen in love if Revan never became a jedi again.

Slowpokeking
12.09.2012 , 02:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Swarlesx View Post
I doubt it. They shared a very strong force bond. There relationship was more than just desire. In fact I bet that Bastila would have stuck to the jedi code and never have fallen in love if Revan never became a jedi again.
Bastila got turned by Malak easily and was afraid to face Malak again after Revan redeemed her, so I doubt her will is really that strong.

Swarlesx
12.09.2012 , 02:46 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Bastila got turned by Malak easily and was afraid to face Malak again after Revan redeemed her, so I doubt her will is really that strong.
Its not about will. Its about the fact that their relationship is more than just lust and desire. Revan turned her back to the light. They shared visions and emotions.

And even if it is non canon, if Bastila became Revans apprentice in the dark side ending she never tries to betray him and remains loyal unlike most sith. They didn't fall for each other just because they wanted to fall in love. Its because they shared a strong bond and couldn't resist it. I believe if it was anyone else they would have showed restraint.

Slowpokeking
12.09.2012 , 03:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Swarlesx View Post
Its not about will. Its about the fact that their relationship is more than just lust and desire. Revan turned her back to the light. They shared visions and emotions.

And even if it is non canon, if Bastila became Revans apprentice in the dark side ending she never tries to betray him and remains loyal unlike most sith. They didn't fall for each other just because they wanted to fall in love. Its because they shared a strong bond and couldn't resist it. I believe if it was anyone else they would have showed restraint.
Sure I understand, but I doubt she could endure a lone life for 20+ years since she was turned against everything she was taught easily by Malak. It's not evil or wrong, just human's nature.

pbajnokl
12.09.2012 , 05:29 AM | #6
Yes... human nature... but we are talking about a Jedi. Who (as we can all see in ToR at the consular storyline) become a Jedi Master after Revan left the known space... I bet the other Masters did'nt accept her as a Jedi Master if she lives like a b**ch. Do you think that Vader wanted someone else because Padme died?

Trixdope
12.09.2012 , 05:47 AM | #7
Revan was hittin the exile

RafSwi
12.09.2012 , 06:24 AM | #8
I think that it is possible for him to start a new relationship, but it would be extremely hard to him to move on from his past.

If he indeed survived events on the Foundry, I think he would be in the same emotional state as Bruce Wayne in the beggining of The Dark Knight Rises. Man full of suffering, sense of loss and guilt. He is completely alone. Everyone he knew and loved are gone. I would like to see him find new life.

BioWare should focus more on his mental and emotional side, not only how cool or powerful he is.

Spartanik
12.09.2012 , 07:19 AM | #9
Meh when i see topics about revan like this, only reminds me of a wasted oportunity.
They could have done much more with the story of Revan.
Personaly i would like alot more if everything remained a mystery, only bits or clues, in the game that could hint to what Revan and exile did.
Regardless, it is knowed what happen to bastila she died with old age, with her son being supreme chancelor ( was not force sensitive) But his offspring, would be sattele. I might be skiping a generation though not sure about it.
My point is Bioware not even takes avdantage of this. shamefull, her being of the family or Revan.
But as bastilla is concerned, i think the book "Revan" mention she always waited for him, she could feel him alive sometimes trough the force, but without realy knowing for sure.
Basttila shan was a women of passions and beliefs that are not easly shaken, she and revan shared a deep bond. After everything they did, and to be married and seen as outcasts by the jedi order at the time, and being jedi them selfs, These are not kind of people who drive their lifes by those type of instincts even amoug jedi they were far from regular.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

pbajnokl
12.09.2012 , 08:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RafSwi View Post
I think that it is possible for him to start a new relationship, but it would be extremely hard to him to move on from his past.

If he indeed survived events on the Foundry, I think he would be in the same emotional state as Bruce Wayne in the beggining of The Dark Knight Rises. Man full of suffering, sense of loss and guilt. He is completely alone. Everyone he knew and loved are gone. I would like to see him find new life.

BioWare should focus more on his mental and emotional side, not only how cool or powerful he is.
You're right about that... but "everyone gone"? I'm still waiting for something like: Satele I'M YOUR GREAT GRAND FATHER-or something...just like when Luke met with Cade Skywalker. AND I understand that the TOR is about the new herose and all... but The KOTOR without Revan is like Episode IV-VI without Vader (Luke as the "new hero" just like Hero of Tython in the ToR and the others), or WoW without Arthas, and the TOR is the KOTOR3 even if u accept it or not. IT'S THE STORY ABOUT REVAN and the others who helped him... since not even Luke was able to do every thing alone!!!