Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harbinger PVE DPS Leaderboard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Harbinger PVE DPS Leaderboard

Dierdrea
12.08.2012 , 05:20 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
I find that anticipateing mechanics, clean mid rotation target swaps, and intelligent use and coordination of cooldowns means alot more to PVE dps then training dummy parses. Just sayin.
Before you get in depth into the mechanics, you better make sure you have your rotations perfect. You could be the best strategy player but can't do **** since your rotations sucks and you hit enrage. (Worst case scenario).

Everything all go hand in hand, what you said is true but everyone already knows those things. There are threads on boss mechanics, go post in those.

Sixthy
12.08.2012 , 08:23 AM | #32
Rokuthy Sunrise

We can speak obsession - We can love the endless.

noobiedude
12.08.2012 , 03:52 PM | #33
http://www.torparse.com/a/55120

Smrf''trf PT 4/6/31

shadynut
12.08.2012 , 06:29 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by BreakingNews View Post
Ooooo, same spec, I now have something to look forward too. Gonna try and top your parse if I can just gotta theory craft a bit more with my rotation.
Heheh, like I said, it was anomalous. If you look carefully, I crit on 10/19 high impact bolts (rail shot) and 11/19 demo rounds (heatseeker missiles) which is quite a bit higher than it should've (my tech crit is at 40%). So that, plus demo round's +30% crit damage makes for a fairly high dps parse.
Andilus Sirandi
<The Silver Order>

xIphonex
12.08.2012 , 08:24 PM | #35
Ok I am gonna change this from top 15 parses to classes like suggested here.

BreakingNews
12.08.2012 , 08:46 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by shadynut View Post
Heheh, like I said, it was anomalous. If you look carefully, I crit on 10/19 high impact bolts (rail shot) and 11/19 demo rounds (heatseeker missiles) which is quite a bit higher than it should've (my tech crit is at 40%). So that, plus demo round's +30% crit damage makes for a fairly high dps parse.
Oh man, I see that. I agree with you on that being anomalous. When I get a good parse, which would have tech crit above like 35%, I avg around 1900+ dps, but when it seems like nothing crits and I don't get any unload procs, it drops down to like 1750+ dps.
FASCINATE "KEVIN" RAMEN

xIphonex
12.08.2012 , 08:47 PM | #37
Ok so now its gonna be top 5 per each dps class will have their own bracket

BreakingNews
12.09.2012 , 01:10 AM | #38
FASCINATE "KEVIN" RAMEN

Moriganno
12.09.2012 , 02:55 AM | #39
Agree. The issue is not the classes you've mentioned are gimped, but rather 9/10, Jugg DPS, Snipers, Operative DPS, Sin DPS, Jugg Tanks (and their Rep equivalent) have difficulty performing up to par, hence the general audience's perception overtime that they are weak. This thread by chukles is actually very good by changing that perception by sharing actual parses, and can actually help existing good players improve themselves if they bother to look@ the logs. Yes it is true you need good gear to make it to the top parses. BUT i guarentee you would be able to increase your DPS muchmore by improving your rotation/cast priority, than say getting more dread guard upgrades...

Thumbs up for starting the thread

Pines

Quote: Originally Posted by Dierdrea View Post
Most of these people posting seem to have no idea that Chukles is running a dps shadow. For the longest time, us sins and shadows were considered the gimpest of the dps and were not sought after for raid groups, people wanted maras, pts, mercs, sorcs, etc. Not to mention we are a melee class. Frankly, this server is full of group players and I am sad to say I don't know enough of them. This thread can serve many purpose depending on how you look at it, why not look at it like a learning tool?

Looking at Chuks' parse can give me ideas about how to push my damage higher. From looking at the logs I can get a sense of what he is gearing is like and how his rotations play out. The same goes for the mara logs. I have a lvl 50 fresh marauder I am looking to get geared up and this is extremely valuable information. You can read about specs and rotations all you want but this is how someone actually play the class and learning from them is what makes you a better player. I am so tired of thousands of threads asking about rotations, stats to gear for, how to do better, etc, when they could have just gone to torparse and look up the logs.

Seriously, a 2200 dps gunslinger's log are up here, I am going to be studying his rotations. I have always face palmed when I see ppl say snipers are **** for pve in fleet chat.

Chukles and I have had a lot of convo on rotations and how to push our dps, to do better, it is what we aim for in this game. I don't understand why the first thing that comes to people's minds are epeen and ego. Sure it is a part of it, but most of us aren't 16 anymore. Maybe if all the haters look at these logs more and learn to gear/play properly, they post a log here too at some point...

Sam_WarDragon
12.09.2012 , 03:03 AM | #40
Im just curious as to what gear exactly. Is ith the DG MH and OH you have ? what mods are you mainly running? I wish this game had an armory like WOW so i could check your gear out... IF you have a link to your gear like on askmrrobot can you share? am interested to see what stats you invested in chuckles