Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mandalorians (Controversy)

Rabbarabba
12.08.2012 , 02:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jawa-Punter View Post
You can't get the drop on someone who can see the future.
So Order 66 was all a lie, then?

Jedi don't see the future in all its paths completely at all times, they have limited Precognition, that helps them in combat, but it is not foolproof. I'm sure not all of them even have it..

Wolfninjajedi
12.08.2012 , 06:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbarabba View Post
So Order 66 was all a lie, then?

Jedi don't see the future in all its paths completely at all times, they have limited Precognition, that helps them in combat, but it is not foolproof. I'm sure not all of them even have it..
They only couldn't sense it, because Sidious was blocking them.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

schwartzpedro
12.08.2012 , 06:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
The problem with Mandos can be summed up in three words.

Haters gonna hate.

Karen Traviss did not create the lightsaber-proof armor. She just used it. the Mandalorians are the focus of eight - count 'em, eight! - books. The Jedi, on the other hand, are stars of nigh to every other novel in the Saga. If a few novels don't focus on the Jedi but another culture - well, that culture must be mary sue-ish!!! Really? To each his own, I guess, but to me, the Mandos rock.
This.

Fyurii
12.08.2012 , 07:38 AM | #24
Inevitably, a topic asking/concerning Mandalorians vs Jedi/Sith/Force Users always comes down to Karen Traviss.

Before TCW radical "True Mandalorians" were created, the only really controversial Mandalorians were Traviss' ones.

Mainly because she had Mandalorians as the morally superior and "right" characters, over cold and unfeeling Jedi with their slave army.
So superior and "right" that Jedi apparently wanted to abandon their way of life and become Mandalorians.

It was later made worse when decades later in the timeline, Mandalorians were the key to defeating Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus, because Boba Fett was the only person to learn from in how to defeat a powerful Sith, and that Mandalorians have some oxymoronic rage/clarity state of mind combat style that popped out of nowhere, which is critical in successfully combatting Force Users because it supposedly makes them undetectable in the Force.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Nataph
12.08.2012 , 07:53 AM | #25
First of all, Im a fan of both Jedi/Sith and Mandos. With this saying, I enjoy the fact that both should have weaknesses. In the movies, the Jedi werent godlike only more powerful than the rest. Many jedi died at the arena by computer chipped droids. They overpowered them with numbers and as you can see, many of the Jedi werent Masters and many jedi werent as powerful as many that we know. Many of the stories we know are from the most powerful jedi but there were thousands of jedi we know nothing of. Meaning many werent as good as the storied jedi.

In telling the future? The future is always in motion and the only time we know that jedi knew much of the future before it happened were the Jedi and Abeloth/Cadeus illness. Even Masters were wondering how the ill infected jedi knew things they should have not known.

In battles.. Mando's are warriors and are constantly battling. Jedi on the other hand, had peace for thousand years. Many can learn how to fight and practice it but if you never been in a fight with someone that knows what they are doing and have been doing it, you are going to have your hands full. Jedi had to all of a sudden think on their toes while fighting instead as.. as one person pointed out.. Take their time as Yoda did with the x wing.

Now.. as jedi being godlike. I dont agree with it. I think the cartoon clone wars, which I enjoy, have made them such. Jumping from very tall walls while controlling a clone and landing on the ground without problem, creating a bubble in space, and force unleashed have made them far too powerful. The other books have them having more difficulty in such. As telekinesis, I believe Horn cannot use telekinesis so many of the Jedi arts are not available to many Jedi. Caedus/Luke knew much because their experience and their ability to learn allowed them to get these skills but if you read, they learned them. they didnt wake up mastering these skills.

Mandos, more skillful than droids and elite forces, can overpower Jedi with numbers. Mando's fight with lots of goodies. The fight between Mara and Caedus showed that Jedi are not accustomed in fighting barehanded. A civilized weapon. Obi's distaste in using the blaster against Grievous. The headbutt even though his kick was unexpected. Tera Kasi was considered tough agasint the jedi because they fought in close quarters and not allowing the jedi much movement with the saber.

now with someone saying they can just use the force to put the weapon in a Mando's mouth.... Mando's are not weakminded nor do they physically tell what they will be doing next just as Boba taught Jaina.

Without weakness Jedi would be the IWIN button. heck, I would hate jedi if that was the case. But out of thousands of jedi during and throughout time, we only know of a hundred if that.

Mando's are skilled but do not have the force, unless you have the numbers of plenty of unexpected toys, they should lose and the Jedi get careless or is arrogant... as yoda stated, that is the problem with many younger jedi, even the more experience jedi.
The Bastion
55 Ixzaran 55 Hâdassah 55 Hada'ssah 55 Nashata 55 Nataph
55 Sashasa

Rabbarabba
12.08.2012 , 08:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
They only couldn't sense it, because Sidious was blocking them.
That only goes to show that precognition isn't perfect. I'm sure there are ways to circumvent the ability even without being a monster like Sidious.

Mandalorian could lay a trap, probably with explosives. Attack from a distance greater than the jedi was able to "sense". Using projectile instead of blaster weapons, or even a sonic weapon. I'm sure a mandalorian could come up with plenty of ways i wont.

VigDiath
12.08.2012 , 02:29 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jawa-Punter View Post
You can't get the drop on someone who can see the future.
Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future. - Yoda
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

HellbirdIV
12.08.2012 , 05:29 PM | #28
The biggest problem with the Mandalorians are the people in the real world who are fans of Mandalorians. They are more annoying than any other type of fan I have ever seen, and I actually know a guy IRL who knows how to speak quite a bit of Klingon.

I was planning to roleplay a Mandalorian prior to SW:TOR's launch, but then I saw on some forums how these fans acted and what sort of Mandalorian "characters" (Mary Sues) they were going to roleplay. So, I made a regular ol' Trooper instead.

VigDiath
12.08.2012 , 06:05 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
The biggest problem with the Mandalorians are the people in the real world who are fans of Mandalorians. They are more annoying than any other type of fan I have ever seen, and I actually know a guy IRL who knows how to speak quite a bit of Klingon.

I was planning to roleplay a Mandalorian prior to SW:TOR's launch, but then I saw on some forums how these fans acted and what sort of Mandalorian "characters" (Mary Sues) they were going to roleplay. So, I made a regular ol' Trooper instead.
More annoying than Twilight fans?????
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

-Ember-
12.08.2012 , 07:50 PM | #30
I dislike them ebcause they seem Overused. Mando's on pretty much every planet, with numbers rivaling that of the Imperial and Republic Military.

It made sense during the mando Wars - they had united and mass recruited. Even if the current Mandalore is doing the same, they would have gone off on their own at this point if they stayed true to mando 'Fighting is honor' beliefs.