Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Important Jung Ma pvp notice

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jung Ma
Important Jung Ma pvp notice

Creedys's Avatar


Creedys
12.07.2012 , 01:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by yooohoo View Post
And I'm training to become a fighter pilot so dont tell me to man up on swtor.
That makes no sense. If being a fighter pilot autmatically qualifies you to be a man on the internet epeen competition, then I am missing out.

Seriously though... the thread title has nothing to do with your topic discussion, so one can hardly blame others for posting. Your announcement that you still can't move to another server is hardly an important PvP notice for Jung Ma.

I'm personally happy with Jung Ma; I get Ranked WZ queues when I want (within a minute or so), and regular WZ queues within 5 minutes. I get to RP. Now you may be thinking, "He must be trolling, how does he get instant (or near instant) ranked WZ queues???" It's very simple:

Our guild and another guild form 2 teams and we queue together. The matches have been VERY close (10-0 in Alderaan), 20 second differentials in Voidstar, etc. We split the teams to try to make them as fair as possible, not just try to ROFLstomp each other. This introduces coordination to PvPers who might be a little intimidated by the thought of Ranked WZs.

Want Ranked WZs people? Form two full groups. Where there is a will, there is a way. Your way of just throwing the towel is a rather defeatist attitude in my opinion.

But either way, I do hate to see people not enjoying a game... so I do wish you luck in transffering off server. Some say the grass is always greener on the other side....

Clan Epsis
Guild leader
Agonal Level 55 Juggernaught | Ava Level 55 Operative

RazielHex's Avatar


RazielHex
12.07.2012 , 03:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by yooohoo View Post
I'm training to become a fighter pilot so dont tell me to man up on swtor.
Pfffttt.. hahaha.

toyfanatic's Avatar


toyfanatic
12.07.2012 , 03:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by yooohoo View Post
Oh my gosh.. your the general sarcastic ***** that cant even follow an argument. Everything you just said makes no sense if you really think about it. Theres no way anyone could predict that this server was going to die. And I will give you the general re-roll argument because you seem to be the only person missing that point. NO ONE wants to re-roll. Disagree? Ok look at the forums for the public test server. Over half of them are complaining about not being able to copy lvl 50's over. Disagree? Well ask around. I cant find anyone who is like, "HELL yea man that would be awesome, I would love to spend three weeks getting to lvl 50 and grinding War Hero!!" And thank you for correcting my spelling its clear that you are one of those guys but confirming it to the community was a nice touch. If you have something to offer in terms of an intelligent conversation then do it but don't come on here and like the alpha male because no one wants that. Keep that stuff in the game or better yet dont do it at all because you just ruin the game for everyone when someone starts a conversation and you come along and instead of responding to it you correct their spelling and you try to be funny.
I am happy here on jung ma.
I will try to be civil.
Lets look at this from a different point of view why there is no response from Bioware. I believe the Devs are taking a "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" aproach.
Rember back in beta we ( the gaming community) begged Bioware to create a RP-PVP server? Yes there were no RP-PVP servers before hand. So bioware creates Jung Ma and other servers that are RP-PVP. The game launches with mass amounts of server congestion. We ask for more servers, they create more servers. Then to many players suprise several servers become ghost towns. We cry to Bioware that we have no one to play with. So the Devs make server mergers, first by choice then by force.
There are many threads that are "please let us move" there are also several threads to the liking of please let us stay. People complain about the population for only one aspect of the whole game- PVP. Also the posters from the "please let us move" side jump on every thread that is on this subject just to fluff their point. From my perspective since I was on Ajunta Pall there are TONS of people to play with, in the current population compaired to my old server . True this is a RP-PVP server so the lower amounts of population don't give us instant ques on everything . But ques still pop reqularly. To argue this server is dead it requires the server to have no players on it at all on each planet and fleet.
The Dev's said in one of their cantaina chats that they will not close Jung Ma. For right now you are here, lets make the best of it. There are other people pefectly happy like me who wish to stay on Jung Ma. If the Op wishes for their opinion to be respected please respect the people who are happy here on this server. Instead of server mergers and transfers out lets try transfers both ways. People can come into Jug Ma from crowded servers and people who wish to leave go. Don't demand that we all should be sent away. I really enjoy the community we have here. The Dev's let some of the Ajunta Pall people leave and that was a mistake for it hurt our population worse. Not all the Ajunta Pall people left- most fo my guild is from that server.
If Bioware still preaches the wait and see approach the number of people on this server is up. And only adds to theargument of letting it stay . If you are so unhappy with it either stop playing or re-roll. That blanket statement is about all the answer any one will get because they are sofar keeping Jung Ma intact.

WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
12.07.2012 , 05:13 PM | #14
<<
If you put a topic on a forum you should expect someone to disagree with your ideas. And I for one have had -experiences- with communities such as this so yeah I did know it wouldn't last. Did I have a time and date of 'failure' no, but the story has repeated itself time and time again. Yes, true, things are never -exactly- the same, maybe JM wouldn't have failed? Maybe it still won't who knows. But one can read the writing on the wall, and when the server population -started- to decline you continued playing. Sorry but after having been in several communities where I've had to start over from scratch because one server was abandoned, I find myself lacking in sympathy that you continue to play despite disliking it, instead of saving yourself time and effort and re-rolling ahead of time so that you don't have to worry about that.
>>

Obviously you haven't been playing this game for very long. Were you around when JM was one of the most populated servers in the game? Were you around when it was the #2 pvp server right after Fatman on the East Coast (back when almost every other server in the game was on life support)? The ONLY reason we're having a problem right now is because when BW decided to make all of their servers into mega servers, they left Jung Ma out of it. That is all. Maybe f2p will fix it, maybe it won't - we're at least 2 months away from knowing the answer to that.

And, for the record, I do have a lvl 15 legacy on POT5 right now. Is it legacy lvl 50? Does it have the Unity buff? Does it have have the rainbow buff (minus smuggler/IA)? Unlocked races or ship items? Full sets of legacy gear for 3 classes? Many millions of spare credits? Every vaguely useful crafting skill at 400 (along with a couple not-so-useful ones)? Lots of presence? No. My main on POT5 does have mostly WH gear but he's a long long way from what I've got on JM (months of hard re-playing, not weeks).

dinrodion's Avatar


dinrodion
12.07.2012 , 05:19 PM | #15
i've got a decent geared 50 on POT5, i still play jung ma because i like killing morans for no raisin

Rennia's Avatar


Rennia
12.07.2012 , 06:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post

Obviously you haven't been playing this game for very long. Maybe f2p will fix it, maybe it won't - we're at least 2 months away from knowing the answer to that.

And, for the record, I do have a lvl 15 legacy on POT5 right now. Many millions of spare credits? Every vaguely useful crafting skill at 400 (along with a couple not-so-useful ones)? . My main on POT5 does have mostly WH gear but he's a long long way from what I've got on JM (months of hard re-playing, not weeks).
See you're not the only one capable of picking and selecting things and posting them out of context. I can do it quite handily too. I've pretty much edited out all the useless crap that really doesn't mean anything. Most of that stuff is either easily obtained or irrelevant. However to answer your question I joined roughly around March so it's been quite a while. Don't have legacy 50... only legacy 40 but that's hardly an accomplishment. My main is pretty much WH geared. They would be entirely with elite warhero augmenting it (No I didn't say EWH AUGMENTS) if I wasn't too busy buying BM for my numerous alts... think I've got like... five sets of BM shells from that. Should vendor them mayhaps... Maybe not. Got loads and loads of legacy gear. That and I've been having too much fun doing other things besides War Zones... and hell even the game entirely... Though I do love PVP.

If the entire server population were to suddenly and completely vanish or if I stopped liking this community and wanted to go somewhere else would I? In a heartbeat. So again what is your driving point?

Also that bit where you tried... and epically failed to correct me on "months not weeks." Again out of context. Learn to read all of it before trying to comment if you would please? Have you actually I don't know... read the upcoming changes in 1.6 like I pointed out? They're changing the tiers from recruit>BM>WH>Some EWH to recruit>WH>EWH. That means (In english and small words) that War hero, you know that thing you're complaining about months long grinding for, will take NORMAL warzone comms. If it takes you MONTHS of 're-playing' to get a full set of War hero when all it takes is normal comms, you either aren't putting much effort into it, or you're one of the worst PVPers in SWTOR. What I said was that one might simply have to suffice with BM for a short while until 1.6 hits, which shouldn't be far away. And I know we're all capable of doing that. We did it before after all.

WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
12.07.2012 , 07:51 PM | #17
<< If the entire server population were to suddenly and completely vanish or if I stopped liking this community and wanted to go somewhere else would I? In a heartbeat. So again what is your driving point? >>

I was responding to your point:

<<
Sorry but after having been in several communities where I've had to start over from scratch because one server was abandoned, I find myself lacking in sympathy that you continue to play despite disliking it, instead of saving yourself time and effort and re-rolling ahead of time so that you don't have to worry about that.
>>

There's a lot more to "starting over" on a new server than grinding out war hero gear which we'll be able to do quickly on tuesday (yay). I honestly couldn't care less about your sympathy, but I do take issue with your position that we shouldn't be asking for (or complaining about the lack of ) an option to transfer because we should have planned ahead or whatever. At the very beginning JM was the server to be. In JULY JM was possibly the second most populated East Coast PVP server, and now, December, we get to listen to clowns saying "I foresaw this, you should have too, so move on and shut up."

yooohoo's Avatar


yooohoo
12.07.2012 , 09:07 PM | #18
You bring up an interesting point and now that people are disagreeing in mature way we can create dialogue but calling people names and provoking them and then anxiously waiting for them to hit back is for little kids. I do believe the game came with an age limit?

Anyways some really good stuff has been said above, some things that I had not considered so thank you for those that are old enough to realize they are talking to adults and not children
Immortal (member)
Suluu lvl 50 Sentinel
Guarnere lvl 50 Sage
Skilet lvl 50 Scoundrel

Rennia's Avatar


Rennia
12.08.2012 , 01:41 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post

There's a lot more to "starting over" on a new server than grinding out war hero gear which we'll be able to do quickly on tuesday (yay). I honestly couldn't care less about your sympathy, but I do take issue with your position that we shouldn't be asking for (or complaining about the lack of ) an option to transfer because we should have planned ahead or whatever. At the very beginning JM was the server to be. In JULY JM was possibly the second most populated East Coast PVP server, and now, December, we get to listen to clowns saying "I foresaw this, you should have too, so move on and shut up."
Again you are taking things out of context. Suluu had the courtesy of reading through my entire message and recognizing that while I disagree with his beliefs on the how when and whys, I am not against people having that out. In my initial post, if you read it, I stated I feel that a $5 per character or $30 for entire group on a server is something I would consider reasonable for server transfers. If you think that's steep I suggest not considering Eve online, pretty sure theirs is higher.

Also I disagree with that statement that it was second most populated in July. Maybe for a few days but I recall the huge rush from the optional transfers, then the population dropping like a rock between the AP 'hard core PVPers' pining for the fjords (Bastion) and people going "oh this was dumb' and never coming back. And honestly... Having been playing, actively on JM for the past few months. The Doomsayers have been crowing for a looong time. Day in and day out they were screaming on fleet that the server's dying the server's dying. Frankly it was -almost- enough to make me want to re-roll myself... just to avoid the doomsayers.

Maanji's Avatar


Maanji
12.08.2012 , 05:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SithLordSix View Post
...We love The game, pvp, and still want to play. Albeit with ranked and RP/pvp.

And to all you smartazz trolls out there, F off. We are trying to better the game while you are just sitting there annoying others. Your not going to get someone to say great job trolling, your so witty, can I be your friend. You just show how petty and insignificant you are and perhaps you like to be insignificant on a low pop server .
That's a solid 5... followed by reminders of why I still play, why I remain on JM and did not re-roll on Fatma-- In my experiences here, the greatest content in the game will always be community driven.

We have some funny people in general... but I still see people helping newbs, helping Imps on Pube alts navigate the Fleet, and yes... there are trolls. *** should you have less fun in this game because of an idiot? Either laugh, because some of that crap is hilarious... Or use your ignore button.

Either way, it's your time on the clock. Why waste it complaining when you could be contributing or participating? This place probably isn't going to last much longer. Enjoy it while you can.
<╬SPCR╬>
Manufacturing Mischief and Mayhem
Bazillions Sentinel Jung Ma