Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dreadtooth - Why should we Bioware?

DarthDarkFish
12.08.2012 , 12:53 PM | #1
We are a hardcore raiding guild ( X-Raided ) who have downed Dreadtooth on 4 stacks, but not easily and nor is "farm" status anywhere near BUT not do to our incompetence, let me list the reasons why.....
1. Sector X population - with such a high number of people in an instance we have 2 maybe out of 16 who don't have lag
2. Griefing - constant constant constant random flow of people who grief our group with a pull that gives us the debuff causing us to wait yet again for the debuffs to drop for a pull
3. P.A.T. - Do to the positioning it is ideal to have Dreadtooth in we find it necessary to allow Dreadtooth to pat to few key locations before a pull
4. Aggro - The aggro table on dreadtooth gets lost tons, not talking about during "Sonic" either where he is supposed to drop aggro, talking about on pull....we wait for 10-15 secs even to let tank build aggro and pffft, somehow pull aggro off tank and wipe raid. This also happens alot during fight outside of "sonic" ability, even though we have multiple tanks ready to taunt back it does not work because he takes 3-5 secs to respond to taunt (long enough to wipe the raid)
OK Bioware if you would like to come with me on our raid night dedicated to this horrible WB you would see that dealing with these listed problems means we get 1-2 pulls in a hour.....is that what you intended? We started having fun at first simply because it was new, but now the fun is gone. At the end of our raid night for Dreadtooth everyone pretty much is in a bad mood from dealing with all the problems around this fight, the sense of accomplishment is diminished by the state of your area therefore lowering our need to accomplish it......
So BioWare I ask you.....Dreadtooth - Why should we even try?

Anysao
12.08.2012 , 12:55 PM | #2
Heaven forbid they make a HARD boss for people.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

hobrogaming
12.08.2012 , 03:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Try reading past the thread title

DarthDarkFish
12.08.2012 , 03:37 PM | #4
I have no problem farming mechanics to learn "HARD" fight, its the conditions in which to farm in that are unacceptable, please read post before responding with pointless comments.....

Suffocated
12.08.2012 , 04:20 PM | #5
"The ability to use the forums doesn't make you intelligent"
I (and most other gamers) LOVE a "hard" boss encounter. No where in Fish's post does he once complain about the encounter being too "hard." Does he? The issues he does bring up are all relevant and to people who have actually attempted this boss on a regular basis would probably agree with. I think it is especially humorous to read your comment... then read your stupid little quote in your sig. I guess attempting to belittle someone's LEGITIMATE issue with a game mechanic without even reading the post is what you would pass as "intelligence"?

Now that that is out of the way, I would like to add this: another blatantly obvious issue with this world boss lies in the fact that there is only once instance of Section X at most (even at peak) times. Yeah, when 1.5 dropped there was 7 maybe 8, and that's probably how many instances there should be. With one instance lets say a progressive-oriented guild, like X-Raided, wants to attempt a 5-stack pull. We apply the essences to him and put him at 5 stacks. Now, other guilds/groups i'm sure want to do the encounter on less stacks. Guess what? They can't because with one instance he's stuck at 5 stacks until I assume after the weekly reset or he gets downed at 5 stacks. So the entire server has to sit around with thumbs up their asses and wait for the reset to even try it on less stacks. Lower the population cap for each instance so more groups can get some pulls in.

We've had groups together to do 3-stack pulls on more than one occasion who repeatedly wipe due to worthless aggro tables and griefing by other players. Not to mention you have the 5-10 minute wait in between pulls for the pat this fool walks on and getting hit with a 5-minute debuff because some random player pulls him next to your raid group. So, you get a group of 16+ people together to sit around and get one worthless pull in and then wait around and do nothing until he pats back or your debuff drops off.

This world boss has been nothing but a source of wasted time and frustration. A few minor changes could turn it back into an enjoyable encounter, and I hope something is done. The concept is good, the execution is terrible.

Chaqen
12.08.2012 , 05:50 PM | #6
The problem for me is that i see the boss as a small step up from Nightmare Pilgrim, but still easier then TFB HM or NIM EC. The loot table as well is nothing but black hole (at least what has been reported), and a possible mask for the 1st 4 stacks that is needed to kill the boss with 5+ stacks. At 5+ stacks it does drop a crystal but who knows what it is for...

I feel that they took a step backwards with world bosses, and made it to be more like primal destroyer allowing anyone and everyone that wants to do it to get the chance to.

On a side note maybe the crystal that drops at 5+ stacks will be used against a future operation boss to counter some mechanic... if that is the case then there is actually some reason to waste time on this boss.
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

Anysao
12.08.2012 , 05:56 PM | #7
Ok, my bad, I misunderstood. I thought you meant why should you bother doing a hard boss for no reward.

Well, everyone has an opinion. Speaking of which, you're the first person to not like my sig!
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Petnil
12.08.2012 , 06:04 PM | #8
Itīs not that he didnīt like your signature. itīs more the fact that you proved it to be right.

HoboWithAStick
12.08.2012 , 06:20 PM | #9
He should be in an instance, 100% no question about that. Having random people around section X pull him on your group and screwing around with you while you fight him is complete crap. I'm all down for bosses being hard but they should be hard because you have to consider in factors like Gank Squads coming out to play.

CJAShadow
12.08.2012 , 06:39 PM | #10
I actually prefer this as I like Bosses being unpredictable and require some level of adaptation in the middle of the fight beyond practiced and well-known mechanics, then again I love pvp too. Maybe try the pull asap instead of waiting for the best location and have the tank run the boss to a wall while the dps deals with mobs?

I've only tanked him at 3 stacks, but the only time I saw an aggro loss was at the beginning and maybe we were lucky it didnt wipe anyone. I am sorry if I am incorrect and the aggro drop at 4 stacks and higher is way too much.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger