Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All Hail the New Era: Goodbye NJO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
All Hail the New Era: Goodbye NJO

bionamaster
12.07.2012 , 02:14 PM | #21
Everyone here wants to wipe out the New Jedi Order! I've walked into a room full of Sith! *turns on lightsabers*.

Anyway, I happen to enjoy NJO. I personally hope that Disney doesn't overwrite it.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Sindorin
12.07.2012 , 03:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Sounds to me they got a writer that knows about the EU, and havbe a very good taste in movies

http://www.vulture.com/2012/11/star-...ts-writer.html
This says nothing about the EU....?
< Reign of Darkness >
For The Empire!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

annabethchase
12.07.2012 , 06:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by evilknick View Post
I hope everything after ROTJ is disregarded.

The movies were mythical fantasy and mythology with science fiction veneer. The EU is mostly just science fiction that makes me feel like I'm watching Star Gate with Star Wars characters and outfits.

I hope the new movies are mythological sagas, with the focus on destiny and archetypal good vs evil and the exploration of the grey between those two.

I hope there are echos of the Ghosts of Mortis Clone Wars story arc as well.
Umm, that's EXACTLY where the novels are right now. The past 9 book cycle was exactly what you are looking for and the next main novel in the timeline is called Crucible and is looking for the Mortis/Crucible world from the Clone Wars tv show.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

annabethchase
12.07.2012 , 06:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by bionamaster View Post
Anyway, I happen to enjoy NJO. I personally hope that Disney doesn't overwrite it.
There's no need to, and in fact it would be quite odd if they did. The timeline of the novels has progressed 44 years after the Battle of Yavin. The actors have aged about 35 years since that time. So, that's nearly perfect for the amount you would want them to age on screen, given that Star Wars humans especially Jedi have slightly longer lifespans.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

SoranPanoko
12.08.2012 , 05:21 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
There's no need to, and in fact it would be quite odd if they did. The timeline of the novels has progressed 44 years after the Battle of Yavin. The actors have aged about 35 years since that time. So, that's nearly perfect for the amount you would want them to age on screen, given that Star Wars humans especially Jedi have slightly longer lifespans.
If hey dont do it it would be the biggest *** moment for all who doesnt know the NJO novels ... The Rebels win, but no Republic? Who is that girl? what is a Voong? ....

they cant continu the EU, there happend to much for ppl who dont read the books.

obi_bendyouova
12.08.2012 , 09:21 AM | #27
I do like Ben Skywalker but iIalso liked Anakin Solo and his death really touched me. It would be sad to see him never exist. I really could do without the Vong though. Oh and I am all for bringing Chewbacca back.
I wonder if the Indiana Jones movies were Han Solos dreams while he was frozen in carbonite?

Scathe
12.08.2012 , 10:56 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
We can all agree that Jedi aren't invincible, and that a Jedi being killed by a Mandalorian is perfectly plausible. I think HK-47 proves Jedi are far from invincible.
Benny I think you put that in the wrong thread :P
I am at Peace; for I know Emotion. I have Power; for I also have Knowledge. I have Passion; for I am Serene. I can embrace Mortality; for I know Death, I am balanced through the Force.

Beniboybling
12.08.2012 , 11:16 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Scathe View Post
Benny I think you put that in the wrong thread :P
Doh! This is what happens when you follow too many threads.

Mawduce
12.09.2012 , 12:12 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
i could be totally wrong here but doesnt the force help keep them looking young at least, in terms of Luke and Leia.

and furthermore, have you seen the actors since the movies. all the booze, fatty foods and blow have caught up to them. Only Ford looks any good. Im not sure they could pull off whats needed for these movies in the roles they are supposed to cover.
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...