Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Video] Noob Merc

MitchPB
12.08.2012 , 06:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
Maybes its called avoiding problem before problem finds me. I know we have it extremely difficult against any other class 1vs1 so i tend to avoid it at all costs. In pretty much every fight you can see me move so im not the prime target. Thats not good tactics really but its what im forced to do since i cant really handle 1vs1 myself, so i let someone else take the pain and shoot them in the back. Not very heroic but its where our class balance forces us to be right now
Thats the key right there, its easy in huttball cause of all the different levels but the others its more difficult.
<BOG> <Concept>

Nightkin
12.08.2012 , 06:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Thats the key right there, its easy in huttball cause of all the different levels but the others its more difficult.
Yeah thats exactly it, huttball is the only place where i can get atleast a little defence due to the ramps, jumps and fires

Macroeconomics
12.08.2012 , 09:42 PM | #13
Yeah thats exactly it, huttball is the only place where i can get atleast a little defence due to the ramps, jumps and fires
Uh, no. It's because in Huttball, good players know it isn't about killing the enemy. A good Huttball team can virtually ignore a Merc standing on the upper levels. The Merc doesn't have enough firepower to dps down a tank carrying the ball, can't yank him into a fire pit, and can't push him off a distant ramp. And since the Merc doesn't even have enough firepower to dps down a sprinter going a head of the ball carrier, the Merc is irrelevant. Nowadays the Merc can't even stun an enemy crossing a distant firepit. The Merc is useless so he gets the ultimate insult from the enemy team - he is ignored.

Henu
12.08.2012 , 10:08 PM | #14
W-6 just watch your Vid mate and i say job well done, your play style is just like mine and your aware of things going around you at all times and its good to see..

One thing i noticed tho that will help you out a little more, and i only say this coz i didnt notice it much in that video.. Interrupt more, i saw a few times against healers you just let them cast or channel. but other than that mate great video, good to see another Arsenal merc cleaning up
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

MitchPB
12.08.2012 , 11:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
Uh, no. It's because in Huttball, good players know it isn't about killing the enemy. A good Huttball team can virtually ignore a Merc standing on the upper levels. The Merc doesn't have enough firepower to dps down a tank carrying the ball, can't yank him into a fire pit, and can't push him off a distant ramp. And since the Merc doesn't even have enough firepower to dps down a sprinter going a head of the ball carrier, the Merc is irrelevant. Nowadays the Merc can't even stun an enemy crossing a distant firepit. The Merc is useless so he gets the ultimate insult from the enemy team - he is ignored.
You went hugged enough as a child were you.

Mercs wont be the best players on the team, but we can do our best to make good out of a bad situation. And i dont know about you but my Merc can take down a ballhandler so you just arnt making the best out of your class.
<BOG> <Concept>

Nightkin
12.09.2012 , 04:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
W-6 just watch your Vid mate and i say job well done, your play style is just like mine and your aware of things going around you at all times and its good to see..

One thing i noticed tho that will help you out a little more, and i only say this coz i didnt notice it much in that video.. Interrupt more, i saw a few times against healers you just let them cast or channel. but other than that mate great video, good to see another Arsenal merc cleaning up
I dont take offence at all, im very grateful for any hint of tip i can get to improve my game. Thank you Kript!

Nightkin
12.09.2012 , 04:02 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
I kinda agree with you, to a extent. Any decent team still need a couple of dpsers to hold the middle area clean of vermin

Henu
12.09.2012 , 04:40 PM | #18
I dont take offence at all, im very grateful for any hint of tip i can get to improve my game. Thank you Kript!
NP then also clean up your UI and task bar, made my eyes bleed a little :P there are few things on there that i dont think an Arsenal Merc needs flame unit, FM and blaster sweeping fire (50/50 on this one)
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Henu
12.09.2012 , 04:42 PM | #19
Side note, Im trying to Frap my game play but when i do hit record my game really slows/lags up. i dont think its a hard wear problem though? PC isnt old or lacking.
Are there any other good programs to use for filming game play that i should try?

Nightkin
12.09.2012 , 05:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
Side note, Im trying to Frap my game play but when i do hit record my game really slows/lags up. i dont think its a hard wear problem though? PC isnt old or lacking.
Are there any other good programs to use for filming game play that i should try?
Not sure really, i use Fraps. And yeah my UI is a mess xD