Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Irrissa
12.07.2012 , 09:38 AM | #2361
@ Stirges Well done. In so many ways the Jedi Code is so contrary. I find it easier to be a light side Sith than a light side Jedi lol and the Rixik story, yeah, he is so duping Mako who always seem such a innocent to me. and have Jaesa take notes? hehehe.

@ LogicLoup - I love how Maneera makes Corso squirm and the previous piece. so poignant

@ Hoyden - ooooh fun in the sun.. so to speak. and Aric and Sana at pool love the end.

@ Kabe - your Seasons it was such lovely imagery I could see as clearly as if it were one of your fabulous drawing.

@ Eversteam - your Quinn interactions are fab

@t thatghost - I feel a bit sorry for Doc. and Rusk... I am glad you rescued him from the dancer

@ Fino. - Ald & Quinn.. I don't think I need to say more

For some reason work is just sucking the creativity out of me. I have sat to write some many times in the last week and my mind is a total blank. I hope to get back into the swing of it soon

@ Elliotcat and Magdalene /hugs good thoughts your way that things get better. Magadalene check your PMs if you see this
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

LogicLoup
12.07.2012 , 11:08 AM | #2362
Quick little piece of fluff before the new prompts roll in.

Reference Librarian (Necro-prompt: parenthood)
Maneera Sindri, no spoilers
Spoiler

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

iamthehoyden
12.07.2012 , 12:55 PM | #2363
Striges -
Quote:
She giggled again and shook her head, “You are a bad man, Jesp Rixik,” she said, poking him lightly at the base of his throat.

“Yes I am,” he agreed.
It's not that I hate Mako. It's just that she's irritating on occasion and so, on occasion, I like to see her in trouble. And Rixik is definitely trouble lol.

LogicLoup - Maneera visiting old stomping grounds was great. Poor Corso - so completely out of his element lol.

Striges #2 - I love Jurial's mind and the way he considers things that are beyond the here and now. And this:
Quote:
“And Jurial?”

“Yes, Master?”

“Do keep an open mind.”
Ah, irony, lol.

LogicLoup #2 - This is fabulous, hehehe! People really should not get on the bad side of librarians - we KNOW things (and as Irialle points out, what we don't know we can find ) Fabulous!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
12.07.2012 , 03:56 PM | #2364
Hello! I am behind on indexing and reading and commenting. I think everyone has had a hectic week. For this week's prompts I thought I'd keep the Night of the Living Prompt going and add a new one.

Week of 12/7/12
As Time Goes By - No matter where you are in your character's story they are probably quite different from when they started. Maybe some are ready to settle down and others are starting to feel the passage of time. (All that Force leaping can't be good for the knees!) Has your character noticed any changes or have they stayed the same while others changed around them? Tell us about it.
Night of the Living Prompt - Remember all those ideas or half-finished scraps you had for earlier prompts? You know how it feels way too late to post it now? Resurrect your favorite prompt - let us know which it is! - and give us a story!

Tatile
12.07.2012 , 06:46 PM | #2365
Thanks for continuing the Zombie Prompt, Kabe. I've been so wrapped up in hating everything and being at work that I haven't even had time to think of writing It's not been my week.

Striges
12.07.2012 , 11:03 PM | #2366
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Hello! I am behind on indexing and reading and commenting. I think everyone has had a hectic week. For this week's prompts I thought I'd keep the Night of the Living Prompt going and add a new one.

Week of 12/7/12
As Time Goes By - No matter where you are in your character's story they are probably quite different from when they started. Maybe some are ready to settle down and others are starting to feel the passage of time. (All that Force leaping can't be good for the knees!) Has your character noticed any changes or have they stayed the same while others changed around them? Tell us about it.
Night of the Living Prompt - Remember all those ideas or half-finished scraps you had for earlier prompts? You know how it feels way too late to post it now? Resurrect your favorite prompt - let us know which it is! - and give us a story!
I move we keep Night of the Living Dead as a permanent feature, with only one "new" prompt per week. More flexibility, and more time to polish stuff for us chronic procrastinators.

And I didn't get to do a cantina this week.

@ LogicLoup: Mama bear librarian! Seriously, though, I like the fluff. Maneera's family is still her family, they still treat her as family. Another little snapshot, like a random photo in an old album.

Striges
12.08.2012 , 01:06 AM | #2367
Double-posting again.

Prompt: As Time Goes By, or maybe Zombie Prompt: Rites of Passage.

Character: Jurial (JC)

Title: Leaving Tython

Occurs after Erroneous Conclusions. Spoilers for Jedi Consular Tython.

I may need to make Jurial his own thread to explore some of these issues, rather than only post them in the short fic thread. This one is important for him, but doesn’t really fit the prompt. *shivers in fear at the thought of making my own thread*

Spoiler

Irrissa
12.08.2012 , 08:35 AM | #2368
A little late. Just a blurb for the Prompt - I love this Bar.

Irrissa - Imperial Agent

(this is also a little glimpse of Monthly Meet n Greet & Guild Rush I host on Prophecy of the Five Server)
Warning. This is filled with screenshots to illustrate Hope you don't mind

Spoiler

Spoiler
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

MilaniGrey
12.08.2012 , 03:59 PM | #2369
Quote: Originally Posted by Irrissa View Post
A little late. Just a blurb for the Prompt - I love this Bar.

Irrissa - Imperial Agent

(this is also a little glimpse of Monthly Meet n Greet & Guild Rush I host on Prophecy of the Five Server)
Warning. This is filled with screenshots to illustrate Hope you don't mind

Spoiler

Spoiler
I feel so awesome when I make it in to peoples' fics one way or another.
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.08.2012 , 10:38 PM | #2370
Okay. Catching up from a busy week myself. I still love you guys, even when I go flaky AWOL!

@Striges, I love Varrel's voice. Ever so much. And I was so glad to see the old headcanon thread stuff return. I had forgotten the Rixik one, but Varrel was familiar. <3 And then, Master Yuon: Projecting much? Jurial's observation that "I am a Jedi. I am supposed to have answers. All I have are questions" is something I feel more Jedi should come to. Even people raised rigidly in one belief system will start wondering. Finally, I would sign up for any thread you made. Once I remember to check the fic forum in general instead of just skipping to my subscriptions. (I'm secretly terrible at supporting my fellow authors.)

@Magdalane, my thoughts are with you and your son. Whatever else happens, it is a good thing to come home.

@LogicLoup, some wonderful descriptive prose in Maneera's entry. And a very nice realization of Maneera's ability to see what she couldn't understand the night she ran away. The cantina story...well, "Warm memories, questionable booze, weirding out the farmboy. Good times." I suddenly have nothing to add about smugglers. Ever. Perfect. Also, I like the way Conor Breslin talks. I like a lot about him.

@elliotcat, best of luck with all the beginnings coming your way.

@kabeone, Scourge...how very long a life he'll have to live. Feeling nothing would almost be easier.

@iamthehoyden, Scourge is never one to suffer fools. Gladly or any other way. As for Skari, well, "Skari scowled at the blip her heart did. Stupid. Always the stupid with that man." I sympathize.

@Irrissa, relaxing...with visual aids! Looks like a good time

I suppose that after six months of posting fic nearly daily, it's no surprise that writer's block would eventually strike. Even my addictive tendencies have their limits. Carry on, all!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.