Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

iamthehoyden
12.07.2012 , 12:42 PM | #371
Bright - sw spoilers
Spoiler

Striges - Rixik in his natural element....devious critter. Know what I love though? He doesn't even consider that Kirya might have cheated on him. For as untrusting as he is, it's a clear indication of how deep is trust in her runs.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
12.07.2012 , 09:51 PM | #372
@Striges I do like the way you handle Darmas. That smarmy bastard. I never thought to see him and Rixik in a room together...sleaze for all and all for sleaze!

Umm, now Lodestone: Allies IV. This starts in parallel with Wynston's previous two, the chats with Quinn and with Jaesa. 2600 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
12.08.2012 , 12:18 AM | #373
I had fragments sitting around for a while. I wanted it to run right after the original bit from the short fic thread, but it wasn’t working. Thank you, Zombie Prompt!

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Striges - Rixik in his natural element....devious critter. Know what I love though? He doesn't even consider that Kirya might have cheated on him. For as untrusting as he is, it's a clear indication of how deep is trust in her runs.
He believes, without a doubt, that she loves him, and in his eye that’s all that matters.

I’m having to work through what fidelity means to these characters. In this universe Twi’leks accept multiple marriage. Kirya grew up with four mamas, only one of whom was her biological mom. Rixik, on the other hand, learned early on that physical intimacy does not equal love. Indeed, Twi’leks (even in Star Wars canon) are the very epitome of no-strings-attached casual sex. It’s a very alien social-cultural issue to me, and a bit hard to wrap my head around. I have logical answers, but I’m not quite certain yet that they’re right if that makes sense.

@ Bright: Another Vierce-Ruth mashup on the way? Wynston is still sidestepping his own issues though. It’s definitely interesting to see both of them a bit off-stride. Damaged, but still functioning. In more ways than one.

iamthehoyden
12.08.2012 , 10:18 AM | #374
I really enjoy Wynston's analysis and the way he fixes things by making adjustments in people. He could make a good living as a therapist, lol.

Attachment. Will they or won't they? Will they or won't they? So many reasons not to. Suspense! I love that Mr. In-Control-Wynston is off-balance, lol.
---------------

kabeone
12.08.2012 , 04:36 PM | #375
Forgot to cross post this prompt. :] sorry! I am going to catch up in the next few days.

Week of 12/7/12
As Time Goes By - No matter where you are in your character's story they are probably quite different from when they started. Maybe some are ready to settle down and others are starting to feel the passage of time. (All that Force leaping can't be good for the knees!) Has your character noticed any changes or have they stayed the same while others changed around them? Tell us about it.
Night of the Living Prompt - Remember all those ideas or half-finished scraps you had for earlier prompts? You know how it feels way too late to post it now? Resurrect your favorite prompt - let us know which it is! - and give us a story!

bright_ephemera
12.09.2012 , 01:30 AM | #376
Lodestone: Turning Point. 1900 words. Standard implicit vague SW Act 3 spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.10.2012 , 06:28 AM | #377
Lodestone: Do the Math - Subtraction. Woo, advanced math. 800 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
12.10.2012 , 01:38 PM | #378
And Lodestone: Do the Math – Parallel. This runs right alongside Subtraction. Agent endgame spoilers. 1700 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
12.10.2012 , 02:33 PM | #379
Quote:
"That sounded bad, and so naturally Wynston made straight for the conference room."
Never let it be said that Wynston is the type to shy away from explosive situations, but
Quote:
"It wasn't enough to just be himself, cute though that idea seemed. It never had been enough, never would be, and he was old enough to know that."
And this level of matter-of-fact cynicism is sad. Wynston never does get to be himself - it's always who he needs to be.
---------------

bright_ephemera
12.11.2012 , 11:31 PM | #380
Lodestone: Goals and Ambitions, 1000 words.

The timeline to date (this accumulates fast when it's my only active project):
Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!