Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.6 on Tuesday.

jgoldsack
12.07.2012 , 04:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Sorry, I wouldn't call this a major content patch. Releasing a new warzone and 6 new space missions is not major content...
Depends on what you consider content.

For PvP players, it is major content. We have been wanting a new WZ and new gear for a long time. PvE is not the only content you know.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Roalmo
12.07.2012 , 04:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
I'm not a fanboi. I'm a realist.

...yet I am sure you would be one of those who start complaining when content isn't coming fast enough...
Point to 1, that's ONE, as in one and only, as in any post, of mine that shows me complaining about the lack of content. Anywhere, h-ll any game...

Your realism leaves a tad to be desired.

All MMO's in their first year to year and a half have lack of content.. that is a given. So you plan for that, and don't rush to the end and enjoy what you have.

All MMO's in their first year to 2 years have "bugs" that effect game play. So you watch how they handle them. If they are resolved in a timely manner, fine, but if a PATTERN of delay, apparent neglect, establishes itself, then you start to worry.

You still give them a year to correct the patten..... but if it doesn't change, it never will.(in 6months AoC cashiered their headman, inserted someone the players trusted, and then fixed all those major bugs,(the ex-headman blamed the players' computers.. amazing how that works).

mcfarris
12.07.2012 , 04:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
as it is the players are treated like mushrooms.
I am also lost, I mean the special mushrooms could be grown and treated extremely well. Cooking mushrooms and things of the sort cared for, treated well, then cut packaged and shipped for us to eat. Or are we talking about mushrooms in a pasture that cows walk and crap on? Maybe a little more specification would help clear things up.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Roalmo
12.07.2012 , 04:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Dark room and "fertilized". No really thats how they are grown in the mushroom houses in south eastern PA.
Close, if i spelled it out the CS would be all over me,

But sanitized: "Keep in the dark and "fertilized"."

jgoldsack
12.07.2012 , 04:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Point to 1, that's ONE, as in one and only, as in any post, of mine that shows me complaining about the lack of content. Anywhere, h-ll any game...

Your realism leaves a tad to be desired.
And you totally missed my point about you assuming that I was a fanboi by my making an assumption that you complain about lack of content....

Point is, bugs happen, it is a fact. Some companies fix them very quickly, some do not. Bioware is one of the "do nots". However, they are also in the unenviable position of not being able to win no matter what they do. If they hold back content to fix bugs, people will jump all over them for not releasing content. If they push out content, people will harp on them for not fixing bugs. If they miss a "deadline" by a day, people will harp on them for breaking a "promise".

So no matter what Bioware does, people will be upset, complain, *****, moan, or anything else. So they are simply going to go ahead with the "make content available and fix bugs later" method.

Maybe if the community as a whole did not jump all over them all the time, maybe they would be more open to talking and discussing things on the forums (as they used to do before the aforementioned lambasting). It is not all on Biowares shoulders here, the impatient and rude player base has a lot to do with the current status of the game.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

aeterno
12.07.2012 , 04:21 PM | #26
TORs community really is the best, not one piece of good news can go without being drown in cynicism 3 posts in.

Urael
12.07.2012 , 04:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
TORs community really is the best, not one piece of good news can go without being drown in cynicism 3 posts in.
Not that past performance hasn't warrented such cynicism.

Lostpenguins
12.07.2012 , 04:25 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jemfisto View Post
So what is "major" content to you? If you aren't a pvper, obviously this patch is not for you but a new warzone is huge. Other games don't release new pvp zones until expansions...
Wrong. Rift and WoW both released WZ's outside of expansions...

Still, playing a wz that can be experienced in it's entirety for about 30 mins and the same with rail missions feels a lot less than what we got in 1.4 or 1.5. It's a small content patch... which is why it didn't take long to release.

ThrillInstructor
12.07.2012 , 04:27 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Forum-World-PvP needs new content, too

Urael
12.07.2012 , 04:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ThrillInstructor View Post
Forum-World-PvP needs new content, too
Well played!