Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

Oragummi's Avatar


Oragummi
12.07.2012 , 03:04 PM | #361
I don't know if anyone has said this yet but I would absolutely LOVE to see a Wampa as a companion character, though I have no idea what class he'd be for.

GragorArtis's Avatar


GragorArtis
12.07.2012 , 05:08 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by Oragummi View Post
I don't know if anyone has said this yet but I would absolutely LOVE to see a Wampa as a companion character, though I have no idea what class he'd be for.
Would love to see Wampa but I bet bioware will say that having a wampa companion is too overpowerful. But I hope we at least get a average sized wampa or like a baby wampa pet. Who could be tank/dps.

GragorArtis's Avatar


GragorArtis
12.07.2012 , 05:12 PM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
We've discussed about that earlier in the thread which I'm not sure if you've seen. Yes there will be issues with romance but nothing that should stop the possibility of any species becoming playable. Like currently how there are restrictions for which gender can romance specific companions, there'd be further in place as to which species can or could romance a certain companion. I don't think a female Wookiee would have any problem making out with Bowdaar.
I did not read it, but I don't think that would work since Bowdaar isn't romanceable. Also, no wookie speaks Basic, so how would they fit the voices in which would designate each class? And if they did consider it, they'd have to make a new height character creation option since wookies are abnormally tall compared to other species.

GragorArtis's Avatar


GragorArtis
12.07.2012 , 05:15 PM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by bountyrevenant View Post
^
Agreed
I second that statement. I really hope Bioware actually reads this forum. Dear Bioware, if you are reading this, then please give in to some of our demands!

Vitas's Avatar


Vitas
12.07.2012 , 07:05 PM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by GragorArtis View Post
I did not read it, but I don't think that would work since Bowdaar isn't romanceable. Also, no wookie speaks Basic, so how would they fit the voices in which would designate each class? And if they did consider it, they'd have to make a new height character creation option since wookies are abnormally tall compared to other species.
Of course Bowdaar isn't romanceable with any of the current choices but doesn't mean he couldn't be with another Wookiee player. Again romance shouldn't be an issue as there could be further restrictions in place for which species can romance which companion. Of course Wookiees don't speak basic, but again that shouldn't be an issue. If the player was a Wookiee or any sort of non-basic speaking species, then their dialogue could be substituted with their language in place. Height isn't an issue either as the camera automatically aligns with either of the player's or NPC's eyeline as shown a while back with the minature player bug.

I think it's best that with any possible playable species to keep an open mind on how they could work and be implemented. Rather than just saying 'No', we should try to see as many possible ways they could be introduced as there's always some sort of surprise that could happen with the game.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

CelCawdro's Avatar


CelCawdro
12.08.2012 , 05:09 AM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
I think it's best that with any possible playable species to keep an open mind on how they could work and be implemented. Rather than just saying 'No', we should try to see as many possible ways they could be introduced as there's always some sort of surprise that could happen with the game.
Assigning every possibility the same amount of credibility isn't providing as much quality in your feedback as you could be. Realism and focus is a good thing. Having an "open mind" should not be equated with being willfully ignorant of the game's structure, its resources and various developer statements.

I'm not saying (and neither was the person you were quoting) that we should just say, "No," and ignore the possibilities, but the problems need to be acknowledged, not dismissed. And a lot of these problems are more severe than you tend to treat them - for example, simply saying, "I don't mind," regarding alien voiceovers is not adequately addressing the severity of that particular barrier.

Vitas's Avatar


Vitas
12.08.2012 , 05:44 AM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Assigning every possibility the same amount of credibility isn't providing as much quality in your feedback as you could be. Realism and focus is a good thing. Having an "open mind" should not be equated with being willfully ignorant of the game's structure, its resources and various developer statements.

I'm not saying (and neither was the person you were quoting) that we should just say, "No," and ignore the possibilities, but the problems need to be acknowledged, not dismissed. And a lot of these problems are more severe than you tend to treat them - for example, simply saying, "I don't mind," regarding alien voiceovers is not adequately addressing the severity of that particular barrier.
Well neither of anything which we say on how it could and should be implemented means it will be. Developer statements also change from time to time on a particular subject as we've seen in the past. Granted I'm happy to see the species made playable in any sort of way even if it means creating a new class just to play as them, but I'm just expressing how I feel on the subject just like you are. Anything is possible.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Mawduce's Avatar


Mawduce
12.10.2012 , 12:38 AM | #368
Zeltron, because Twi'liks need competition damn it

EDIT: not only that but they would be easy to put in. just change the color of all the human models... done.
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
12.10.2012 , 12:59 AM | #369
As Player Species:
Bothan
Zeltron
Nagai
Nautolan
Devaronian
Togruta
Duros

As Companion:
Noghri
Quarren
Kel Dor
Gen'Dai
Codru-Ji (if the four-armed thing would be at all possible)

-Holmes's Avatar


-Holmes
12.10.2012 , 01:34 AM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
Of course Bowdaar isn't romanceable with any of the current choices but doesn't mean he couldn't be with another Wookiee player. Again romance shouldn't be an issue as there could be further restrictions in place for which species can romance which companion. Of course Wookiees don't speak basic, but again that shouldn't be an issue. If the player was a Wookiee or any sort of non-basic speaking species, then their dialogue could be substituted with their language in place. Height isn't an issue either as the camera automatically aligns with either of the player's or NPC's eyeline as shown a while back with the minature player bug.

I think it's best that with any possible playable species to keep an open mind on how they could work and be implemented. Rather than just saying 'No', we should try to see as many possible ways they could be introduced as there's always some sort of surprise that could happen with the game.
Door frames. Tight gaps and so on.

Body type 3 and 4 already have issues which do not allow them to pass through certain objects because they are too "wide."
Rollin'dirty - Ridin'dirty
The Omgwtfbbqhax Legacy