Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just how Powerful what Nihilus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Just how Powerful what Nihilus?

Beniboybling
12.07.2012 , 02:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Big_Bopper View Post
IN KOTOR 2 Kreia says if you think these are true sith you are mistaken. Indicating the sith the exile fought were nothing compared to the true sith (The Emperor)
I wouldn't interpret it in that way. I think she was referring to the mindless, animal nature of Sion and Nihilus who had been consumed by the dark side and had no real understanding of it - they were just raw power, honed by Traya and then let loose across the galaxy like beasts. She could also be refererencing to the difference between the Sith as a culture and a nation, with ancient heritage and links to the old masters, and former Jedi broken by war and twisted by hatred into dark side monsters.

Jawa-Punter
12.07.2012 , 02:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Scathe View Post
Bioware did the same thing. If you watch the Histories that they did again, they kind of go out of their way to completely ignore most of KotOR 2 like it never happened.
Why not? I do that too.

Rayla_Felana
12.07.2012 , 02:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jawa-Punter View Post
Why not? I do that too.
Opinion of the work matters not, only respecting the continuity matters.

Skapek-Skocap
12.07.2012 , 03:37 PM | #24
How powerful is a fire that can consume the world, therefore extinguishing itself. The greater is rages, the more is needed to keep it alive. And in the end, it consumes itself.
Aka'an Tal - The Mandalorians - Bounty Hunter
-- Verda kat'taylir nass be trattok'o - A warrior knows nothing of defeat - Mand'alor the Indomitable --
Arsenal Mercenary - The Best Class in PvP since the Mandalorian Wars
Spoiler

AngelAlkaiser
12.07.2012 , 04:49 PM | #25
Nihilus doesn't make much sense. How does he supposedly do all of this consuming? A massive force storm? Does he open his mouth and shrink a planet to the size of an apple? How instanteous is it? Throughout all of the KOTOR2, you hear about the Lord of Hunger, whom consumed Katarr. Yet through the entire game, he actually consumes nothing else.

He must not be that hungry if he ignores Sion and Vistas, who are constantly surrounding him. You can argue that is combat skills are greater than Sion and Traya's. Obviously not better than the Exile's.

And while the Exile "was" a force wound, she regained her connection to the force as the game progressed. Which would effectively cease her from being considered a force wound. If Nihilus was actually capable of just consuming her, he would have stripped her of her force powers again, and she would not have been a threat.

I think the reason BioWare ignored some of KOTOR2's lore, not only because they didn't write it, but they didn't want to trample the game. They took a certain amount of liberty, but obviously felt more comfortable centering on lore that came from their own development teams. I don't blame them one bit.

OldVengeance
12.07.2012 , 08:22 PM | #26
I always believed that Kreia was referring to Revan and Malak's Sith Empire not being the true Sith Empire. In fact, doesn't she mention that the corrupted Republic forces specifically weren't the Sith?

Jawa-Punter
12.08.2012 , 12:37 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Opinion of the work matters not, only respecting the continuity matters.
KOTOR 2 didn't even respect its own continuity. I see no reason for anyone else to.

Lord_Karsk
12.08.2012 , 08:04 AM | #28
Most about Karpyshyn novels is not canon,he always tried to make his Sith way more powerful then the previous.
I mean the author doesnt even understand how the force works, just read rule of two.He actualy at that time dident understand how lightsaber combat always uses the force. And not to mention the dark sorceres stuff is so silly.
Canon fact, the force can only influence the weak minded, and that is only simpel tricks.What Drew does in his novels is just plain dumb.Things like the way Zannah can use the force again is just plain dumb,and there is a reason why you will never see those things in the movies.

The stories are great but the skills they use is so silly and will never be canon.

Beniboybling
12.08.2012 , 08:58 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Most about Karpyshyn novels is not canon,he always tried to make his Sith way more powerful then the previous.
I mean the author doesnt even understand how the force works, just read rule of two.He actualy at that time dident understand how lightsaber combat always uses the force. And not to mention the dark sorceres stuff is so silly.
Canon fact, the force can only influence the weak minded, and that is only simpel tricks.What Drew does in his novels is just plain dumb.Things like the way Zannah can use the force again is just plain dumb,and there is a reason why you will never see those things in the movies.

The stories are great but the skills they use is so silly and will never be canon.
I'm afraid you don't decide what is canon and what is not. And I'm afraid it is not canon fact that the Force can only influence the weak minded. The dark side basically disproves this, does the dark side not corrupt the mind and control their users with passions? Did Traya not make herself invisible to the Disciple? Did the Emperor not take over the minds of those Jedi Masters who came to apprehend him, turning them into mindless slaves? Did Bastila Shan not use Battle Meditation to turn the tide wars? Did Sidious not do the same? I could go on. I think your mistaking all mind effecting Force powers with the Jedi Mind trick. The Jedi mind trick is the only power that works on the weak minded. Sith magic, which is what Zannah uses and is established canon. And where did you get the idea the Drew doesn't know how the Force works?
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I always believed that Kreia was referring to Revan and Malak's Sith Empire not being the true Sith Empire. In fact, doesn't she mention that the corrupted Republic forces specifically weren't the Sith?
Hmmm, perhaps. After all if she is referring to the Triumvirate she is basically slagging herself off... maybe she means both, or maybe not. Still there is a distinct difference between Revan, Malak's and Traya's Sith and the 'True SIth'. I think she was talking about heritage etc. and the fact that they are direct descendants of the 'original' Sith and there Empire.

Rayla_Felana
12.08.2012 , 10:09 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jawa-Punter View Post
KOTOR 2 didn't even respect its own continuity. I see no reason for anyone else to.
I'd love to hear you explain this one.