Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Has the change to F2P changed timelines and such?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Has the change to F2P changed timelines and such?

DarthRamette's Avatar


DarthRamette
12.07.2012 , 01:39 PM | #1
I think it has changed a lot of things, timelines, what is going to be implemented and when. The budget I am sure is pretty cut back and thus new features are not going to be added as often or when they first thought. Your take?

Darkdoe's Avatar


Darkdoe
12.07.2012 , 02:04 PM | #2
I think the timeline for new additions to the game got fraked when they fired most of the developers
Assume witty signature is here

Thehellfire's Avatar


Thehellfire
12.07.2012 , 02:06 PM | #3
I am going to guess that what they will be working on is 80% items for cash shop, 15% bug fixes and 5% new content.

youspeakinjive's Avatar


youspeakinjive
12.07.2012 , 02:08 PM | #4
Negative, it's will all still be coming out no later than "Soon"
DROP

WookieIsshe's Avatar


WookieIsshe
12.07.2012 , 02:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkdoe View Post
I think the timeline for new additions to the game got fraked when they fired most of the developers
You guys have no clue as to what is going on and neither do I. But one thing I would like to point out is that during the development an MMO staff is HUGE. The first 3 to 6 months of live operation of a new MMO the Staff is usually cut down big time. During Development MMO Staffs are HUGE and needed but once the game is live you only need enough people to cover the teams which are needed to continue to make content, fix bugs and QA the builds. I am sure there are a few teams I missed but you get the point. It has happened in every MMO and will happen in future MMO's.

WookieIsshe's Avatar


WookieIsshe
12.07.2012 , 02:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Thehellfire View Post
I am going to guess that what they will be working on is 80% items for cash shop, 15% bug fixes and 5% new content.
They have dedicated teams for each of what you are talking about. This board is full of so called insiders like you like to think you are.

Darkdoe's Avatar


Darkdoe
12.07.2012 , 02:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by WookieIsshe View Post
You guys have no clue as to what is going on and neither do I. But one thing I would like to point out is that during the development an MMO staff is HUGE. The first 3 to 6 months of live operation of a new MMO the Staff is usually cut down big time. During Development MMO Staffs are HUGE and needed but once the game is live you only need enough people to cover the teams which are needed to continue to make content, fix bugs and QA the builds. I am sure there are a few teams I missed but you get the point. It has happened in every MMO and will happen in future MMO's.
So since you seem to think there are enough ppl working on this game please explain the countless threads on bugs that have been in since beta, long wait times for content (until recently), devs constantly ignoring what the community says it wants ( ie minigames etc.), poor testing of new content (gets releases with bugs that testers find and no word on when or even if they are aware of them).

Seems to me the community is constantly saying things are not going well
Assume witty signature is here

jgoldsack's Avatar


jgoldsack
12.07.2012 , 02:25 PM | #8
Yes.

SWTOR is now an alternate future.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
12.07.2012 , 02:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Thehellfire View Post
I am going to guess that what they will be working on is 80% items for cash shop, 15% bug fixes and 5% new content.
Since new content will be bought through the cash shop this makes no sense.

Achromatis's Avatar


Achromatis
12.07.2012 , 02:37 PM | #10
Yes. And in addition a lot of things like guild capitol ships were effectively scrapped and put on the "backburner".
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data