Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Only issue with Disney.

Karkais
11.13.2012 , 03:39 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Disney sucks, star wars is ruined... move along, move along
DIsney has sucked for a long long time. What I think of them now is mainly as producers, not anything creative.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

sstanks
11.13.2012 , 04:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
DIsney has sucked for a long long time. What I think of them now is mainly as producers, not anything creative.
I guess you didn't see Wreck it Ralph or Pirates of the Carribian

Sinras
11.14.2012 , 06:45 PM | #13
OP: For Disney's future treatment of Star Wars and Indy fan creations, you'll have to look at what they've done with Marvel properties. As far as I know not much has changed with respect to Marvel fan creations.

As for SWTOR not much will change, Lucausfilm mainly collected the licensing checks from EA/Bioware. They have some input on what is allowed and disallowed, but that's about it. The contract EA/Bioware signed with Lucausfilm still stands and nothing outside of signing a new contract can change that. Disney has to honer all prior contracts made by Lucusfilm, just like they had to honor all contracts made by Marvel (X-Men is still licensed to Fox, Spider-Man to Sony, and Avengers/Iron Man/Thor/Captain America to Paramount)

As for Mickey Mouse being written into any SW movies of games, All I can say is... I haven't heard about Disney forcing Mickey or any other character into issues of Spider-Man over the last 2 years. So I really doubt it will happen with SW.

The only major issue I see would be with ILM, I cannot imagine other production studios giving money to Disney (indirectly) for CGI effects. While ILM was independent separate production companies supporting them would be fine, but handing money over to your competition seems like a bad idea to me.

MorgonKara
11.14.2012 , 06:55 PM | #14
You mean like Disney won't let robot chicken make fun of Star Wars anymore or what? Who cares they are making new movies. They aren't going to shut down your mickey mouse fan fiction. Only if you're making money off it should you be worried.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Crawelc
11.14.2012 , 07:00 PM | #15
Kill the EU, KILL IT WITH FIRE. If I cant watch it on a big screen it didnt happen.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

HiddenPalm
12.07.2012 , 12:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Kill the EU, KILL IT WITH FIRE. If I cant watch it on a big screen it didnt happen.
When will death come?
The Grassroots Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
APPLICATION * www.GrassrootsJedi.org *
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Jawa-Punter
12.07.2012 , 01:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Disney has always sucked. They literally made only one movie, changed the characters a bit and sold it to people over and over because the general public is too stupid to notice. Want proof? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKo5veKjVU

Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
You mean like Disney won't let robot chicken make fun of Star Wars anymore or what? Who cares they are making new movies. They aren't going to shut down your mickey mouse fan fiction. Only if you're making money off it should you be worried.
Disney is a member of the MPAA, an organization known outside Hollywood solely for suing everyone and their dog, the majority of whom weren't making a profit.

Tomb-Stone
12.07.2012 , 02:09 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoeTuah View Post
Disney has a very harsh history of shutting down fan work.
Disney has a history of stopping people from making money using unlicensed artwork.

I like the idea of fan art and fan fiction but it crosses the line when people are making money from unlicensed artwork.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

Spartanik
12.07.2012 , 02:09 PM | #19
Quote:
Disney has always sucked. They literally made only one movie, changed the characters a bit and sold it to people over and over because the general public is too stupid to notice. Want proof? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKo5veKjVU
Nonsense. You actualy left out where Disney, owns plenty, of film companies out there, companies that actualy made great films.
The following is a list of movies that came from the Disney Corporation's subsidiaries...
Spoiler

Every one forgets that will be lucasfilms still making the movies...
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Jawa-Punter
12.07.2012 , 02:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
flimsy strawman
I obviously wasn't saying they only made 1 movie ever. I was saying their old cartoons, which is what made them rich in the first place, were all one cartoon with the characters modified. I was using it to illustrate that the suckage is not new and has in fact been present from the beginning.

Edit: And you included an Adam Sandler movie in a list of "great films", therefore your opinion is invalid. About anything. Forever.

Edit 2: And you actually think Disney had anything at all to do with most of your list? Disney, the company who thinks open toe shoes are too sexy for its employees to wear in Disneyland? That's who you think is responsible for Trainspotting? Seriously? Plenty of companies, including my last job, are owned by other companies who have little to no interaction with them. I'd bet my left nut that's the case here.