Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Icestar
12.07.2012 , 10:38 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Billoneofmany View Post
One problem with all the spead runs/boss skipping is newer players aren't learning how to properly play their classes.
YES!

That is exactly one of my reasons for creating this thread. It is very good training to do bosses with different mechanics.

It is sad how many players deny new players that experience by default
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Kitru
12.07.2012 , 11:25 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Billoneofmany View Post
I'm not saying anything about babysitting anyone. I just pointed out a consequence of all the spead runs.
Knowing how to do a speed run has almost nothing to do with knowing how to play your class effectively. Even when doing full clear content, you'll run into tanks that have no idea how to keep aggro, DPS that don't know how to interrupt or what the proper kill order is, and healers with no idea how to manage their resources.

Crappy players in good gear aren't a consequence of speed runs. They're a consequence of easy content providing good gear.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Billoneofmany
12.07.2012 , 12:00 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Knowing how to do a speed run has almost nothing to do with knowing how to play your class effectively. Even when doing full clear content, you'll run into tanks that have no idea how to keep aggro, DPS that don't know how to interrupt or what the proper kill order is, and healers with no idea how to manage their resources.

Crappy players in good gear aren't a consequence of speed runs. They're a consequence of easy content providing good gear.
Most people level 1-50 solo and then start dipping their toes in lfg pugs. Chances are the other three people are proficient on all the fps. So they run the fp with the new guy tagging along showing all the tricks and short cuts. If all the fps are similar then that newb will never have the chance to learn the basics of group content. This is probably why lfg HM LI can be so hard. The newer people havent learned the basic because they were carried through tier 1 fps. Tier 1 is easy content now because people over gear it and know all the tricks.

If they are in good guilds then this should help those players. But if they are in weaker guilds or unguilded then the problem won't be fixed for them.

I'm not saying anyone should become babysitters. I'm saying this is how the game is today like it or not.
Yoshie (Sorc) Yo'shi (Operative) Ki'yoshi (Merc) Ar'yaa (Sage)
Officer of Dark Sith'ari - The Shadowlands
http://www.darksithari.com/

Bwong
12.07.2012 , 01:57 PM | #114
As a lvl 50 Tank I will always skip as much trash and bosses as possible during the HM FP because I don't care what gear u need. I am their to get my BH comm and get out and move on to do something else. The reason why I can do this is because I don't have to wait 30 to 45min for a queue because I am Tank. I will take the penalty and queue again later to get an instant pop. If you wish to kill all bosses then roll a tank and you will be able to dictate what you want to kill and don't kill.

Icestar
12.07.2012 , 03:58 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Bwong View Post
As a lvl 50 Tank I will always skip as much trash and bosses as possible during the HM FP because I don't care what gear u need. I am their to get my BH comm and get out and move on to do something else. The reason why I can do this is because I don't have to wait 30 to 45min for a queue because I am Tank. I will take the penalty and queue again later to get an instant pop. If you wish to kill all bosses then roll a tank and you will be able to dictate what you want to kill and don't kill.
Yeah, I have seen your playstyle many times. That is why I want Bioware to look into this since those that needs gear/wants to enjoy the game has no chance against those that think like that.

A dps can wait up to an hour to get a team only to be either kicked or left alone for asking to do a few more bosses, it is a flaw with the gamemecanics that needs to be looked into.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Monoth
12.07.2012 , 04:38 PM | #116
If Bioware actually put decent drops on the bosses more people wouldn't skip them... The bosses should drop various color dyes, oh wait SWTOR doesn't have a dye system because the DEV's wanted full control of the gear coloring...

They need to make it so bosses have a chance to drop rare cool looking gear skins.... Then more people would do them...

As it is now Bioware just doesn't give much incentive to kill FP bosses.... Your better off just doing the flashpoint really fast and collect black hole comm's, the black hole gear is far superior to columni.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

mikebevo
12.07.2012 , 04:45 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
it is a flaw with the gamemecanics that needs to be looked into.
No, the flaw is with the human component of the equation, not much bioware can doing about that without making the game way too restrictive for my taste. Jerks will be jeriks, even tank jerks will have problems when every decent dps and healer puts them on their ignore list.

Loryk
12.07.2012 , 05:00 PM | #118
I definetely agree. BW should introduce a system were say, every boss must be killed and say, at least 100 enemies (or what ever amount is applicable) before the FP can actually be completed. 4 of the last 5 groups I've gotten have skipped everything except for the final boss.

SW:TOR On Mac OS X 
Bootcamp Tutorial/thread!

Icestar
12.07.2012 , 08:32 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
No, the flaw is with the human component of the equation, not much bioware can doing about that without making the game way too restrictive for my taste. Jerks will be jeriks, even tank jerks will have problems when every decent dps and healer puts them on their ignore list.
The flaw is that the flashpoints are designed so the human equation can interact with everyones gameplay on a gamebreaking level.

If the flashpoints were designed like many other MMOs where it is not possible to bypass 95% of the mobs and lots of bosses things would be fine.
- Nikola Tesla

MichelvanMeerten
12.08.2012 , 08:27 PM | #120
Sorry, am just there for the BH commendations, nothing else. Want that FP done as quickly as possible.

Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Yeah, I have seen your playstyle many times. That is why I want Bioware to look into this since those that needs gear/wants to enjoy the game has no chance against those that think like that.

A dps can wait up to an hour to get a team only to be either kicked or left alone for asking to do a few more bosses, it is a flaw with the gamemecanics that needs to be looked into.
So you want it to be done your way. Wonderfull "teamspirit" you are displaying. What you find fun, I find incredibly tedious and boring. What's next? You want attunements added to the game?