Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Technohic
12.07.2012 , 08:09 AM | #1671
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
They don't need to post anything in this thread.
Pretty much this.

They said they are going to improve matchmaking. From the sounds of it, addressing it at all will be an improvement. I'd be willing to bet you get 4 mans teamed with 4 mans by the system now trying to pop queues as quickly as possible by taking the shortest route to having an 8 man team. Nothing make 8 easier than 2 teams of 4.

Dorpire
12.07.2012 , 10:28 AM | #1672
regardless of what the BW is thinking with the combined ques atm, if they dont find some way in a hurry to make it more enjoyable for the solo que ppl (ie casuals), the game will go slowly die to attrition or go poof when any kind of decent new mmo comes out. Not sure Id be comfortable if I was BW living on the hopes that nothing mmo wise makes it down the line to release. Thankfully a new beta has opened and Ill be out of here when the acct timer is up (tho according to BW Ill be an active f2p acct still).

NoFishing
12.07.2012 , 12:13 PM | #1673
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhaker View Post
@NoFishing: I'm sorry that you were expecting to 1v1 someone and win. Like yea ok so you were defending and dying, if you make a call before you die and use CC to delay them then good on you. If you decided to fight and not make call and get 2 shotted, who's fault is that?
As for Deserters let them leave, because if they suck they leave, the good players stick around and fight hard. But I guess you learnt that Deserting is the best way to farm comms amirite?
I dont admit being a great PvPer but I dont just sit there whinge about gear and cry a river.
I have absolutely no idea what posts of mine you think you are responding to. I am pretty sure I have NEVER said, or even indicated, that I expect to win 1v1s. Hell, I play a commando and sage, the two squishiest classes in PvP generally. I actually *expect* to lose most 1v1s, especially against melee and stealthers.

I also don't think 1v1s are very interesting to look at. I don't PvP to deathmatch. I play for the goal-oriented teamwork.

Also, "unotrite", I don't desert matches. Even ones I backfill into that are already a 3-cap, or ACW 2-cap down more than 2:1, I stick around and at least try to make a difference.

kroryyk
12.07.2012 , 12:18 PM | #1674
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
as someone who strickly solo/duo queue's, I have no problem with going against premades.
This.

NoFishing
12.07.2012 , 12:29 PM | #1675
Quote: Originally Posted by deHannibal View Post
If there are so many Premades against you.... your chance to get Premades on your side should be really good!
If only that were the case, I'd really have no complaint. But my experience on pub-side Harbinger is something close to 1 in 50 getting a premade on my side vs being in a complete (or nearly complete) pug group against at least 1 premade. It is rare for me to see even 3 people from the same guild in the solo queue during prime time.

I accept that other servers and factions may have better experiences, but I'm not really interested in re-rolling on another server or faction.

Veniras
12.07.2012 , 12:32 PM | #1676
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
I accept that other servers and factions may have better experiences, but I'm not really interested in re-rolling on another server or faction.
Then you have few options:
- Unsub
- Tough it out until an acceptable matchmaker is implemented
- "Make your own premade"(tm)

Dorpire
12.07.2012 , 12:57 PM | #1677
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Then you have few options:
- Unsub
- Tough it out until an acceptable matchmaker is implemented
- "Make your own premade"(tm)
unfort for BW this is whats happening. In the end we will all get our wishes It will be premade vs premade one way or the other....since the solo ppl will be gone and the premades will be the only ones queing.

cycao
12.07.2012 , 01:04 PM | #1678
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorpire View Post
unfort for BW this is whats happening. In the end we will all get our wishes It will be premade vs premade one way or the other....since the solo ppl will be gone and the premades will be the only ones queing.
Good.

Dorpire
12.07.2012 , 01:13 PM | #1679
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post

I kind of agree... if BW continues to crash and burn, maybe the next mmo that comes along will learn from it. Tho it worries me that fewer mmos will come along due to their failure.

DeepFreese
12.07.2012 , 01:15 PM | #1680
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
If only that were the case, I'd really have no complaint. But my experience on pub-side Harbinger is something close to 1 in 50 getting a premade on my side vs being in a complete (or nearly complete) pug group against at least 1 premade. It is rare for me to see even 3 people from the same guild in the solo queue during prime time.

Coming from the Harbinger, I cannot see how this is the case. I know that I am consistently in a premade, because It is how I have fun with the game. I love my guildies, and my roommate is a competitive pvper with me. We always group. Most guilds group. Unranked isnt fun if you aren't grouping. And trust me, we aren't talking about strat in mumble. Pretty much the furthest thing from our minds. But, back to your point... The Harbinger is pretty well faction balanced, and about half our games we are running into premades of deadweight and covenant and goof troop. Which I find fantastic, I find it more fun. I just don't see how the harbinger could be faction imbalanced, I think we are fairly equal.

Edit: I think that you most likely notice more getting roflstomped by premades then you do having a premade to help you.
Creus
Robbs(Sniper) Robs(Assassin) Croozz(Jugg) Harata(Guardian) Se'an(Powertech) and Se-an(Marauder)
The Squirtle Squad[The Harbinger}