Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ranked PvP

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MelliMelon's Avatar


MelliMelon
12.06.2012 , 02:38 PM | #21
A lot of good points, Dashara. My goal with rateds on BC is to communicate as best as possible with other guilds on the server to make it as competitive (yet still fun) as possible.

JamesBalla's Avatar


JamesBalla
12.06.2012 , 03:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Devinia-Hex View Post

Off Topic
We have also heard a lot of talk about upset guilds and players saying all x and y guild can do is beat up on pugs in warzones. This is how guilds/friends practice we run into other groups all the time and we have some good competetive matches. I think this should be a non issue in any game, premade groups are going to happen for PVP if PVP is an option. It's kind of like saying don't raid as a guild because it's not fair to the players who don't have a guild....

anyway that was my 2 cents
This opened my eyes. Thank you dashara.
Zentrai/Jballa
rip don't panic

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
12.06.2012 , 08:23 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Devinia-Hex View Post
Just a few things I wanted to bring up about the current warzones

There seem to be only two warzones that are exploit free at the moment and that is Voidstar and Hutball (even though hutball can appear glitchy when pulling someone to you or when they force leap it will sometimes appear as though they have fallen when in fact they have not) Civil War some have been using the /stuck option to get to speeders and defend snow and grass without to much trouble(when I leave 6 attackers at snow and catch the run speed buff while going underneath mid to grass and they have 6 defenders somethings is wrong likewise I have seen our Imps use this as well). In Novair players have been capturing bunkers while inside walls. These two games are part of ranked game play and can be exploited.

A fix needs to be put in place for Civil War hopefully when 1.6 is released. The Wall bug from Novair seems to have shown itstelf with 1.5 so hopefully this will be fixed as well.

Another thing I wanted to bring up more from the stand point of all our guilds as a whole is you really should field your best group and not make rules as to who can bring what classes because if cross server Ranked warzones do come other servers will not ask you what they can bring or what you should bring.
If you have played Wow and done any Arena's you know that having your best team online when you want them to be doesn't always happen. In those cases others of equal skill from the guild can step in and take their place hence the reason it's good to practice with everyone not the same 3 people week in and week out. Ultimately you have the option to not queue if you don't feel you are putting your best foot forward.

Off Topic
We have also heard a lot of talk about upset guilds and players saying all x and y guild can do is beat up on pugs in warzones. This is how guilds/friends practice we run into other groups all the time and we have some good competetive matches. I think this should be a non issue in any game, premade groups are going to happen for PVP if PVP is an option. It's kind of like saying don't raid as a guild because it's not fair to the players who don't have a guild....

anyway that was my 2 cents

Very well said Dash. more like $1.50
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

Riggz's Avatar


Riggz
12.06.2012 , 08:26 PM | #24
I did /stuck one time and felt really bad afterwards and Didn't do it again lol
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

xContex's Avatar


xContex
12.06.2012 , 10:10 PM | #25
Ranked warzones is something I've been advocating since day 1. We as a server need to progress forward to actually engaging on some weekly thing or even a few days a week. Time and time again I've only heard excuses and unmotivated individuals.

What happened in the past is irrelevant, you are only as good as your current team can take you. So buck up, team up, and start q'ing for ranked warzones. Just an FYI, this is pre-season. The current rating will most likely be wiped come Season 1 so worrying about rating really shouldn't be an issue.
Scyn Azadeh Inspra
The Sovereign Legacy

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
12.07.2012 , 07:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by xContex View Post
Ranked warzones is something I've been advocating since day 1. We as a server need to progress forward to actually engaging on some weekly thing or even a few days a week. Time and time again I've only heard excuses and unmotivated individuals.

What happened in the past is irrelevant, you are only as good as your current team can take you. So buck up, team up, and start q'ing for ranked warzones. Just an FYI, this is pre-season. The current rating will most likely be wiped come Season 1 so worrying about rating really shouldn't be an issue.
If that's a shot at our previous record, I have to say I thought we were past this. To suggest we're scared or unmotivated to participate in ranked is laughable. Even for other guilds, there are a variety of factors that come into play for different guilds. I would suggest you try to be less provocative as it makes you look very arrogant. We may have been the top guild on the server back then (and I say that humbly), but we dont have all of our old players, and are working with new people, which means building a new name. We're not jumping into it right now for two reasons. One is gear. We may have gotten a few of our old team back, but not everyone is back, and the new people we do have we are working on getting them finished with their optimization. Second, warzone exploits. As long as the "top" pvp guilds use the /stuck, wall cap, and other exploits, we will not be queuing for ranked. Those of you who use the exploits, you know who you are. Given that certain guilds consistently use these exploits, you won't see our guild in ranked matches until Bioware addresses the problem.

And I honestly don't think anyone is worried about rating as much as you guys. You win some you lose some. That's the way the game is played. I sincerely hope that soon Bioware will patch up these "cheats" so we can participate in fair ranked matches, who's outcome is determined by superior strategy rather than who uses exploits to gain an advantage. To those of you who would rather queue up now than wait for the exploits to be patched, good luck.


I also had an idea concerning cross server ranked pvp if it ever comes around, I mentioned in a previous post how the server guilds should be united rather than bickering with one another , it would be interesting to put together the best each guild has to offer on each faction to fight against other servers. Sort of like a servers all stars team. Again communication and good relations between all pvp guilds would be necessary to achieve something of this magnitude. Food for thought.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

MelliMelon's Avatar


MelliMelon
12.07.2012 , 10:01 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
I also had an idea concerning cross server ranked pvp if it ever comes around, I mentioned in a previous post how the server guilds should be united rather than bickering with one another , it would be interesting to put together the best each guild has to offer on each faction to fight against other servers. Sort of like a servers all stars team. Again communication and good relations between all pvp guilds would be necessary to achieve something of this magnitude. Food for thought.
That would be freaking awesome.

EFSoupy's Avatar


EFSoupy
12.07.2012 , 11:00 AM | #28
A quick thought (pardon being the wet towel), good teams are more about synergy than the best players. Decent players who work well together will usually beat great players who don't. The best teams out there should be the guild teams (says the guy who always pugs), because they know what to expect from each other. I'm not trying to be contrary, I'm just naturally good at it.

-Moco

amoskof's Avatar


amoskof
12.07.2012 , 12:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EFSoupy View Post
A quick thought (pardon being the wet towel), good teams are more about synergy than the best players. Decent players who work well together will usually beat great players who don't. The best teams out there should be the guild teams (says the guy who always pugs), because they know what to expect from each other. I'm not trying to be contrary, I'm just naturally good at it.

-Moco
I'd rather have a mismatched team of good individuals than no team at all

--Me

Riggz's Avatar


Riggz
12.07.2012 , 02:18 PM | #30
Team synergy/chemistry is what makes amazing teams. That's why I'm scared of ASB. Shadowfury is about to be right there w/ them at this rate. Black Sun is tardy to the party but will be ready to roll soon
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>