Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Warning to all those attempting Vorgath NiM (maybe HM too)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Warning to all those attempting Vorgath NiM (maybe HM too)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
12.06.2012 , 12:25 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
path will always appear on either the left or the right wall, so a wall will always be available for tanking the demolitions probes.
As my guildy pointed out... if you make the solution "all right" then it's physically impossible to get to the console unless the square in front of it (i.e. the 3rd column on the right, 2nd most right to right wall) is green. If it isn't and you take that into account for your "Working as intended" mechanics... then that will be an extra square to solve... meaning enrage issues will be harder on the right.

Seriously BW... this is just terrible...

Kil-Gorbane's Avatar


Kil-Gorbane
12.06.2012 , 01:27 PM | #32
Simple fix: make the knock back shorter than the diagonal length of a green box but longer than the side.

Pros:
- This change makes the mechanic harder because it would require the raid group to position themselves properly (dps/healers in one corner and the boss nearly on top of them - tank nearby but on the front side of boss)
- Keeps the entire minefield in play as a puzzle

Or, if they really wanted to mix things up, make it conditional:
Overload has a cast bar - if interrupted it knocks back the front 270 cone, if not interrupted it will knock back the back 270 cone. (This would also require the knock back to be shorter than the diagonal length)
Olinn | Draconiss
<Lego My Wookiees>

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
12.06.2012 , 03:00 PM | #33
This could very well be one of the dumbest things I've seen come out of an MMO design team. The person responsible for this mechanic design should have all of their work audited because they might end up being responsible for half of the idiotic things implemented in this game.

This mechanic change is wrong on so many levels it's mind boggling. Most notably, it removes the puzzle aspect that the minefield was designed around and replaces it with a coin flip (left or right) for success or failure. Secondly it relies on the most overly used boss mechanic in the game, because lets face it, all tanks want to have their character and camera smashed against a wall and have a screen full of zoomed in boss crotch the entire fight.

Sheesh... who thinks up this garbage?

ElitehunterDS's Avatar


ElitehunterDS
12.06.2012 , 04:42 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
This could very well be one of the dumbest things I've seen come out of an MMO design team. The person responsible for this mechanic design should have all of their work audited because they might end up being responsible for half of the idiotic things implemented in this game.

This mechanic change is wrong on so many levels it's mind boggling. Most notably, it removes the puzzle aspect that the minefield was designed around and replaces it with a coin flip (left or right) for success or failure. Secondly it relies on the most overly used boss mechanic in the game, because lets face it, all tanks want to have their character and camera smashed against a wall and have a screen full of zoomed in boss crotch the entire fight.

Sheesh... who thinks up this garbage?
Probe droid crotch? lol? You clearly have never done that fight so i dont know why you QQ.

The fact that the encounter is still easy or easier than Hard mode is the worse issue out of it.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

rphebus's Avatar


rphebus
12.06.2012 , 04:42 PM | #35
Well if this is how things are going to be, I can't wait to see NiM TFB: Operator IX only casts rainbow color deletion protocol so anyone can cleanse it.
<Suckafish> Guild Site
Suckafish Youtube Channel
Phebus Sorc Healer Maeday PT Tank
Khabal Jugg Tank Teknowhor Merc DPS

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
12.06.2012 , 04:55 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Probe droid crotch? lol? You clearly have never done that fight so i dont know why you QQ.

The fact that the encounter is still easy or easier than Hard mode is the worse issue out of it.
Not really? W/out interrupts you're forced to hug the wall. Can't really adjust when assassin droids start coming over cuz you're still stuck against the wall.

I disagree that it's easier, but it's a dumb change, nonetheless.

Darth_Dreselus's Avatar


Darth_Dreselus
12.06.2012 , 05:25 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by rphebus View Post
Well if this is how things are going to be, I can't wait to see NiM TFB: Operator IX only casts rainbow color deletion protocol so anyone can cleanse it.
LoL that fight is ****ed up already. Let's say a purple person get purple deletion. Now you have two options:

1. Let the other purple person run in and get rid of both the debuffs, meaning you have no left for the next time purple deletion happens.

2. Say goodbye to the first purple person as their own debuff will not protect them but at least you will have the second debuff ready for the next purple deletion.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

wadecounty's Avatar


wadecounty
12.06.2012 , 05:52 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Probe droid crotch? lol? You clearly have never done that fight so i dont know why you QQ.

The fact that the encounter is still easy or easier than Hard mode is the worse issue out of it.
It doesn't make the encounter that much more difficult, but how on earth can you argue its easier than hard mode? The changes now are, you cannot interrupt the knockback, you have less space to work with, assassin droids cannot be CC'd/moved, and everything hits harder.

What changes are you seeing that makes this easier than hard mode?

That said, I agree with the poster you quoted, its a dumb change because it negates the puzzle aspect of the puzzle.

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
12.06.2012 , 08:07 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Probe droid crotch? lol? You clearly have never done that fight so i dont know why you QQ.

The fact that the encounter is still easy or easier than Hard mode is the worse issue out of it.
You clearly have the reading skills of a gradeschooler. I was also not claiming the fight was hard. While explaining my opinion that the new meachanic is lame, I was speaking in generalities when I pointed out that tanking boss fights where you plant your back is not fun anymore. Besides, probe droids have legs and therefor have a crotch.

sankalp's Avatar


sankalp
12.06.2012 , 08:40 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
LoL that fight is ****ed up already. Let's say a purple person get purple deletion. Now you have two options:

1. Let the other purple person run in and get rid of both the debuffs, meaning you have no left for the next time purple deletion happens.

2. Say goodbye to the first purple person as their own debuff will not protect them but at least you will have the second debuff ready for the next purple deletion.
If you have yellow and are targeted by yellow(yellow is an example, can be any colour) you dont die. you basically shield yourself.