Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Constructive Feedback for Bioware: Organized PvP Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Constructive Feedback for Bioware: Organized PvP Discussion

Riggz
12.06.2012 , 12:12 PM | #1
After looking at the PvP Forums I can only imagine how difficult it is to wade through the garbage that fills it. "Nerf this or Nerf that"

The discussions are very unproductive and not easy for Bioware to take anything away from them.

We as a PvP community need to address our concerns in an organized, well thought, civil fashion. This isn't a thread to start flaming or arguing because it deludes the message and makes it less credible. I'll go ahead and address my concerns for the PvP in its current state. Feel free to post your thoughts of my look at PvP in an organized fashion. Also I please encourage you to post your on thoughts.

This thread as long as it doesn't become bogged down with trolls and childish discussion, could become very useful for Bioware. Also if it stays organized we will most likely see more dev feedback.

So please don't squander this

My top two concerns

1.) Currently Rage/Focus spec
My problem with this spec isn't the numbers it puts out, or being focused by a rage/focus player, its the quantity of them. Now days in current PvP its no surprise to see two-four rage/focus players in a given match. When you get hit by two 5.9-6.5 smashes in a row, its very difficult to recover. As a healer it makes things extremely difficult. Pre 1.5 I could predict who would receive damage and how much. What I mean is, if I saw an anni mara on my tank or DPS. I know just to cleanse and heal. Same for pyro mercs/pt's. With carnage players, root and use evasion if the ability is off cooldown. I could go through all these classes, like sniper which you simply line of sight before the animation goes off. With focus/rage there is no strategy. The reason there is no strat is because you'll lose 30-40% hp in an instant. In ranked the DPS will focus one target, while a smasher we'll keep everyone's health low. This is makes healing a nightmare, when you have players being focused, but your whole ops team losing 30-40% hp frequently. All you can do is spread out and hope for the best. When you have 2 rage players on you, there really isn't anything you can do. You are perma slowed and receive amazing amounts of damage. How to fix this problem? I'm not sure. Like I said the problem isn't the damage output, its the number of players using the spec. Every marauder I know changed specs, because why wouldn't they?

2.) Mercs, all three trees.
The problem is mercs are now an endangered species. You'll see them every now and then, but there are missing usually. The problem with that is, the only ones who are left are stubborn and won't re roll. What does that mean? It means only mercs left are excellent players who refuse to give up. There damage/healing output seems fine! When Bioware looks at their numbers I guarantee mercs damage is about the same as lets say, marauders. What's the issue? There are lots of bad marauders out there who are outliers on the charts and bring down their average. The top performing marauders out damage the mercs, but because mercs have no such said outlier there damage average is artificially higher. If mercs had more "average" or "bad" players there numbers would be a true notion of where the class is balanced wise. 1.2 destroyed this class, it's time to throw them a bone so to speak. I'm not saying bring them to 1.2 values! I am saying give them some sort of buff, because those who haven't given up deserve it!

As a PvP'er these are my two main concerns with this game.

Please only post positive constructive feedback, or your thoughts on PvP in a constructive manner.

Thank you
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Riggz
12.06.2012 , 02:55 PM | #2
Reserved
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>