Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To heal as an IMP on this server! Or not....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
To heal as an IMP on this server! Or not....

dtownpage
12.06.2012 , 11:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by rvajedi View Post
please dont encourage anymore bubble stun it is the most retarded over powered spec in this game and completely ruins pvp. go Op healing or ****
so is smash/sweep but people encourage that in rated teams.
*** Uncensored ***
*** Jalblurr ***

Krozis
12.06.2012 , 11:31 AM | #12
Well I see a lot of bubble stun, and smashing in rateds. The popularity of something isn't my determining factor personally.

So far I know what a pain it is to kill some Scoundrel healers on our server.... same goes for hybrid Sages.

So the votes for impside rugged healer types is definitely void of Merc. Is there any reason for that? When I did dabble with it on my Merc I found it a little clunky, and I wasn't very good at it. Sorc seemed 'fun', but man I died a lot. Operative seemed like more work? I don't know.... but my original post has my criteria: I have to assume as I train myself, there will be squat for help.

This whole topic leads me to realize Imps also need more true tanks. We are down to one in guild, and I've only seen one other PVP Jugg tank that I can think of..... That's another task no one seems to want here, and I'm guilty of that as well since I have a jugg I never really play anymore.

Anyway thanks for feedback thus far. I appreciate it.
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

Bronaimeth
12.06.2012 , 01:18 PM | #13
I wouldn't really consider bubble stun at this point, sometime soon it'll get nerfed, and then all the bad sorc/sages will be as bad as before the bubble buff.

GScheff
12.06.2012 , 01:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Krozis View Post
This whole topic leads me to realize Imps also need more true tanks. We are down to one in guild, and I've only seen one other PVP Jugg tank that I can think of..... That's another task no one seems to want here, and I'm guilty of that as well since I have a jugg I never really play anymore.
I would say that sounds about right, I really don't see many tanks.

In regards to your healer comment though, I would say that any healing class has it's own advantages and disadvantages. I mainly play Sage/Sorc Healer and the main problem is that if you get focus fired....you're dying FAST if you don't run away. Ops/Mercs seem to have a little longer survivability when getting focus fired compared to Inquistors...but Inq's have abilities to escape quicker than other classes. Ops/mercs are also better at "heal while on the move", compared to inq's who have 1 HOT, a self heal and a bubble they can cast moving. The nice part is with Op/Merc if you go DPS spec you have more survivability...Sorcs whether they are heal or DPS still die very fast if they get focus fired, so I tend to be moving around a whole lot more.

Either way, if you're trying to save Imperial PVP, I wish you luck. I have a 61 valor sorc and a 65 valor sage and the sage had 160 wins at 61 valor and the sorc had 40. I just think that as a whole, Pubs are better geared and more organized compared to Imps. Whenever I'm on my Imp...whether i'm healing or DPS'ing, i just don't see nearly as much team work as the Pubs have. I see them all spread out and not working together or communicating nearly as much as Pubs do. However, get in a group with 3 other great PVP'ers on the Imp side and you can win...assuming you don't get 4 other people with 14k health (I've seen it).

In the end, just choose a class that looks fun for you to play in PVP. That's very important because if you're rolling Imperial......you'll be losing a lot and it's important you have fun doing it.

Carter_Mathis
12.06.2012 , 01:47 PM | #15
I've done all the healing classes, and I'd say bubble stun sorc would be the best way to go for survivability without assistance. From a melee standpoint, I'd violently oppose the idea of another imp running bubble spec :P Honestly though, I don't think it needs a nerf, I just think that the vast majority of dps are melee or aren't smart enough to break the bubble from range. Watching a gunglinger or commando tear through a bubble spec is just laughable, but everyone wants to be a vanguard or derp, derp, smasher. I really don't think that a class that already has the lowest survivability in the game should get a nerf because melee covet their high dps numbers too much.

dego-harmonium
12.06.2012 , 02:31 PM | #16
Slingers/Snipers tear through sages, mercs take a little more lovin
Arterial <Lethal Dose Fifty>
JC

Krozis
12.06.2012 , 03:01 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GScheff View Post
I would say that sounds about right, I really don't see many tanks.

Either way, if you're trying to save Imperial PVP, I wish you luck. I have a 61 valor sorc and a 65 valor sage and the sage had 160 wins at 61 valor and the sorc had 40. I just think that as a whole, Pubs are better geared and more organized compared to Imps. .
Quite honestly part of why I am considering this is because of the 'How bad are Imps on this Server' thread. Also my own guild is having some PVP related issues.

I have no delusions of saving IMP PvP.... I know how bad it is, I live the dream every day. I log onto my Rep toons and usually finish dailies in no time, then I grind through weeklies on Impside, and plead with people to play as a team.

One thing I said in that other thread was I believe one day soon this will be a reverse Kaas City where Reps will just end up playing themselves in ranked. IE. It is in their best interest that Imps put some form of competition up. If the rep guild just keep soaking up the exodus talent, then the problem gets worse.

I am trying to not defect (yes I have rep toons but I made them when Imp ruled and I was bored of easy matches).

Other guildmates of mine have recently echoed very similar thoughts.

Right now I am usually stuck DPSing on my Powertech whenever we do ranked. My first love was my Merc which blows chunks comparatively speaking.

Can I be easily replaced as burst DPS? Heck yea. Do we have more than 1 healer on a time for PVP? Nope. I counted 4 matches (solo queue) where I never saw an imp healer. People get mad, but no one wants to roll a healer (or tank for that matter).

Sorry, I'm ranting at this point.
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

dego-harmonium
12.06.2012 , 03:39 PM | #18
Oh kaas city pvp, unless it was the Grumz group it was pretty much a win :P I dont miss him at all ;P
JC

DeketheDeke
12.07.2012 , 12:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by dego-harmonium View Post
The majority of the top imp healers pvp re-rolled pub or left the game
Wrong. Sorcs we still have (in no particular order) durwin, nova, klinsmann <3, psychospider. Ops anna'ka, shatterwoman, strykez, dize, jalblurr. Mercs reighner, regis, moonrunner, amigo?...

Pug healers are depleted except for the occasional sorc but to say all the top imp healers are gone would be incorrect. It's my opinion that we are missing top end dpsers, that's why I often run dps to pick up the slack. A lot of my healer buddies still play minus Vandis but the vast majority of top dpsers on my friends list are gone. Sure there were traitors like combatmedic, amigo, okku (on vanish), neb, and especially grisha even though he doesn't heal, but there are still quite a few top imp pvp healers around. In pugs I find that imp dpsers don't focus well or peel which leaves the healers at a big disadvantage running solo. Can't tell you how many times I am the only person attacking Neb in a pug, even after I put a big target on his slippery ***.

Sorry to pick this line out but I have to respectfully disagree. To the OP- run merc we need more quality healer tanks. It is more difficult to heal as a merc in high end pvp due to properly timed interrupts/CCs but when played right they are a force to be reckoned with.

-Eked

dego-harmonium
12.07.2012 , 07:25 AM | #20
I havent seen Nova and Klins looming around the pvp area or in a warzone in ages, thought they quit i was wrong :P I guess i could or worded that differently, but i dont know of any of the better pub players re-rolling imp for their mains :P totally unrelated i havent seen Nataly in a while she quit ?
JC