Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

Fireswraith
11.28.2012 , 11:43 PM | #161
Implement my above changes and all shall be well. The QQ's from all the other classes will pave the ground we walk on! It will be sweet sweet music to our ears.

TheRealLuxford
11.30.2012 , 09:58 PM | #162
I'm a sorc only pvp. Min maxed war hero and some elite war hero armorings. My force bonus damage is 1028 my expertise is 1158, I have elite warlord status. I'm dps and I bounce from different builds depending on the war zone. I am top three in damage in war zones. I cast affliction on everyone I see then aoe everyone. I havnt seen any sorcs with exp and bonus damage that high..

Me some guildies about 16 of us recently set up a rated war Zone where each team captain would pick a player and this would keep going back and forth, kind of like picking teams when u were little. Needless to say out of 16 people i was picked last. For the most part I do more dps then most people picked ahead of me, how ever everyone knows a sorcs dps is a joke because it takes me longer to kill someone then it takes them to kill me. That's what ranked is about its burst. We don't have any. Lower the seconds on the dots. Giving sorcs an extra six seconds of affliction makes that 21 seconds? It makes our damage look nice but I don't live 21 seconds. The skill tree needs to have points where I can minimize the dot time and keep the same damage.

Death field sometimes hits a target for 1200 damage. Fix this it's broken. Smash aoes 6k never less than 4k. Give sorcs a cast that when someone is within ten meters and below 30 percent health we have a finishing move like most good dos classes. I get so frustrated playing my sorc that I log onto my sentinal just to go after sorcs. I can hit a sorc for 7k followed up by 5k!!!! Fix this, this can't be what u guys had in mind. I've honestly stopped playing as much out of frustration. I love the challenge and the way u have to be a wizard when it comes to footwork. But it's broke and need to be on par with other dps classes. Btw guys any class that can leep to u is a range class. Especially how minimal the leap cool down is. On my sent a sorc cannot get away from me.I love the game but am losing interest when I keet on getting hit for 5k by some leaping newb geared sent , guardian or what ever.

I am running and kiting in game so much that in real life I try to keep everyone at 31 meters just in case they try something on me. It's messing up my love life and the game I love. Show us some love by making our kill time quicker.

fungihoujo
11.30.2012 , 11:25 PM | #163
I'm in full BM aug willpower, with some WH. Lightning/corruption hybrid. Chain lightning regularly hits for under 1k damage- some games I can't break a 2.5k crit.

That's just sad- our damage is atrocious, and not having a good DF and CL spec where CL got the madness proc bonus destroyed our burst entirely. Being able to chain CD, DF and CL together in a few seconds gave us something to EQUAL us to other classes- even then we weren't surpassing anyone except for on the overall damage charts- which was mostly because we had so many aoe and dots.

Now- I'm spamming 900 damage lightning strikes to throw out a chain lightning that'll average 1.5k damage- only for a sniper to hit me with a combo for 8k and a single smash to pop a full bubble and still do another 3k damage on top of it.

BW could double our damage and we'd STILL be the worst burst class- can you imagine the outrage if smash was hitting for 800 on non defensive CD targets?

AmazoX
11.30.2012 , 11:56 PM | #164
These are the two major problems of this class:

"Giving sorcs an extra six seconds of affliction makes that 21 seconds? It makes our damage look nice but I don't live 21 seconds."

Totally correct... I can't live 5 seconds against a marauder, so Affliction is useless.

"Death field sometimes hits a target for 1200 damage. Fix this it's broken. Smash aoes 6k never less than 4k."

My top Death Field is like 2.5K, when Smash does 6K !!

Absurd differences... I don't know how the devs aren't doing something to fix it...

Vladnar
12.01.2012 , 12:43 AM | #165
1- Sorcerers are perceived by others to be weak generally in both pve and pvp, but can come in handy if they are healers for aoe healing especially as off healers who can help maintain the melee dps around the boss....extremely weak in pvp and either an easy quick kill or ignored in favour of taking down all the more dangers opponents.

2- Fun to play with variety as ill heal and damage in both forms but for me we stand well short in both damage and healing amounts, playing pvp as healer/damage/hybrid can be extremely frustrating when you're so fragile and your output on the lowside even though all the effort.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

wwkingms
12.06.2012 , 10:57 AM | #166
sorc dmg can be misrepresented by the tally at the end... if left alone a sorc can still do much dmg, alot of it aoe.

but while other top damaging classes like pts, mara's and juggs really dont take a dps drop off when attacked in return... SORCS lose a lot of dps due to having to run for their life...

our dots and instants are very weak, so in order to do dmg we must stand still and eaither channel or cast.. this allows our biggest enemies (jugg mara pt assasin) to close any gap... and at that point we will NOT win a dps war straight on...

there are 1 to 2 solutions,

harder hitting spells to STAND toe to toe with this monster hitting classes, this would come from the lightning tree, lightning strike, chain lightning and thundering blast have a terrible cast to dmg payofff ratio... the skills just arent worth casting if ur being attacked.. ur much better off running and therefor having ZERO dps

or

front loaded dots, harder hitting instants , this would come form the madness tree. Crushing darkness should be instant for sorcs AC, and wrath should instead make ur next Crush Darkness or Shock do 35% more dmg

a defensive cooldown on 1-2 minute cd wouldnt hurt either...
NIHIL

THE BASTION

dscount
12.07.2012 , 05:55 PM | #167
I have to AGREE with my peers on most of the topics.

1. Last Option - DPS=Poor, HEAL=Good. SORC/SAGE DPS is the last option for HM OPS and are good for mostly AOE healing. (Sniper or mDPS would be picked before you for HM's). During PVP they are great for the STUN Bubble Utility (until its nerfed) and then expect to see less in PVP and certainly not many after that in Ranked.

2. POOR DPS - My spec (Full 63) DPS is below my less geared mDPS and Snipers on my team. (Even with a perfect rotation, AOE, dots on everyone and Exotech Adreno). I've started to heal as SORC/SAGE rDPS is not really viable in HM OPS and it should be the TOP DPS due to being the most squishy and fastest to kill in PVE & PVP.

The TWO key items to address PVE and PVP issues:
DPS is Sub-Par
with other Classes - PVP is even worse w/o burst.
- Address with a "REAL BUFF" to top end DPS/HEAL Tree. (DPS/HEAL equal to SMASH ~6k)
- Squishy armor class should be putting out MORE DPS than Medium or Heavy Armor Class (It's why they are squishy)
- Decreasing cast time for AOE Heals & increasing GD might resolve
- ADD any BUFF's to the TOP of each respective TREE to keep from abusing Hybrid
Consumption / Instant Heal
- Cast time for "BIG" Heal should have some sort of instant cast buff like Wrath/Crushing Darkness.
- Great add to help with survivability in game and does help in PVE & PVP after losing 360 knockback.
- Consumption is not such a great way to go. (Increase regenerate rate and force capacity instead)
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

AdmiralParmesan
12.15.2012 , 10:11 PM | #168
Bioware did you forget we exist again?
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Chemic_al
12.16.2012 , 04:17 AM | #169
Oh no we're very much on the nerf bat radar because marauders are qqing about bubble stun, and if there's one thing Biofail can't have, it is the marauders being upset.

fungihoujo
12.16.2012 , 05:13 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Oh no we're very much on the nerf bat radar because marauders are qqing about bubble stun, and if there's one thing Biofail can't have, it is the marauders being upset.
^^

Considering BW took months of everyone saying how OP marauders are as a go ahead to buff their rage tree to be even more ridiculously OP- meanwhile nerfing the stun ranges of the already weakest classes, and promising another nerf to sorcs.

Ya- BW only pays attention to what marauders say about us- they couldn't care less about what the people playing the class itself are saying. May be the worst class balance I've ever seen in an mmo.