Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bugtown...HOW do I get there?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Bugtown...HOW do I get there?

PenguinPerson
12.28.2011 , 02:32 PM | #1
I cannot find a way to get there. I know there's a datacron, but the way seems to be blocked all over. None of the taxis go there. No one answers in game, or no one seems to know.

Please god help me

nbrownksu
12.28.2011 , 02:34 PM | #2
There are taxis that go out there. I didn't find them however until I was ready to leave Balmorra and got a bonus set of quests that sent me that way.

PenguinPerson
12.28.2011 , 02:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by nbrownksu View Post
There are taxis that go out there. I didn't find them however until I was ready to leave Balmorra and got a bonus set of quests that sent me that way.
Ok...could I get a hint?

nbrownksu
12.28.2011 , 02:38 PM | #4
Unfortunately, I'm at work and can't remember exactly where the taxi was. I do know that I had to finish all of my class quests on Balmorra before I got the bonus quest that took me out to those areas.

CitizenSith
12.28.2011 , 02:44 PM | #5
Run. When all else fails, use your feet. If you use your map and have it identify taxis or binding points (both of which are generally close together), that should help, though mainly for the way back.

EDIT: Just realized there's an actual Bug Town and you weren't talking about the hole-in-the-ground place. When I unlocked the speeder (-1553, 1284) in Vanguard Outpost, it gave me access to the travel route to Bug Town.
EGA: Tuesday, 13DEC11 <- I was there! Shadowlands Server: Horror Legacy
Sith Empire: Cthuhlu (DS SI), Hastur (DS SW), Gentleman (LS SW), Palpatyne (DS SI), Imperial (IA), Gorynych (LS SI)
Republic: Simulacrum (LS Tr), Akumashibaru (LS JK)

Merriden
11.19.2012 , 08:04 PM | #6
For imperials you need to explore the areas to the left of the map. There is a small outpost to the far left call Still Water Bend that has a speeder flight to Bugtown

GymQuirk
11.19.2012 , 10:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Merriden View Post
For imperials you need to explore the areas to the left of the map. There is a small outpost to the far left call Still Water Bend that has a speeder flight to Bugtown
Somehow, I think that 11 months after the question was posed (December 2011), the OP has either found Bugtown, or has given up on the task.

(Please take a moment to look at posting dates and consider whether a response would be timely.)
As if I have anything worth putting in a signature...

Geraz
12.06.2012 , 10:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GymQuirk View Post
Somehow, I think that 11 months after the question was posed (December 2011), the OP has either found Bugtown, or has given up on the task.

(Please take a moment to look at posting dates and consider whether a response would be timely.)
Believe it or not, the OP may not be the only person looking for this information. Regardless of when the question was posed, if someone has a helpful response it may help people who come looking for it later.

Gidrea
12.06.2012 , 11:50 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Geraz View Post
Believe it or not, the OP may not be the only person looking for this information. Regardless of when the question was posed, if someone has a helpful response it may help people who come looking for it later.
Exactly. Especially since people like to say, "did you do a forum search before posting?"
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

zejaie
12.06.2012 , 02:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by PenguinPerson View Post
Ok...could I get a hint?
The hint is that you have to be on the bonus series for the taxi to bug town to unlock. That is the only way there, you can't walk there.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!