Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khumak
12.05.2012 , 08:12 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hello! Just as an update to this thread, we are definitely aware of a small number of users experiencing an increase in memory related crashes with the game client since Game Update 1.4. Rest assured that we have been and are working on optimizations to improve performance for those players affected.

Thank you for your patience, and please continue to report your relevant information in this thread as it helps us in our optimizations.
are you kidding me small amount, i been having this issue since 1.4 and many more friends in-game and people from my guild have same issue. Plus the numerous other post about 1.4 crashing and your claiming its a small number of users?

Here we are into 1.5......and 1.6 soon i would guess...
doubt you people at bioware are even trying to fix this, as long as you can get all your f2p shop stuff out, everything is fine i guess.

EntityOfLife
12.06.2012 , 02:00 AM | #252
1.) The harbringer
2.) Siath
3.) 3-5 times an hour every hour.
4.) happens when zoning to other instances, zoning in and out of flash points, ops, war zones, while ion combat of flash points, ops, and war zons and sometimes while idleing chat on fleet. there does not seem to be a specific cause just periodically happens.
5.)

Paokzu
12.06.2012 , 06:09 AM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
lol "small" number of users???!!!!?!?!

Seriously? You're really going with that word?

You disappoint me BioWare, you really do.
They're not going to admit that a large number of players experience this because it looks bad on them, Just be grateful that this has finally been acknowledged and is being worked on. See ... silver lining!
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/

KostonxEld
12.06.2012 , 08:33 AM | #254
That's bad news. Means this is a low priority issue. I can't stay in game reliably for more than an hour and switch characters. I have a few alts I switch between and this makes it impossible without a crash to desktop once an hour! Ever since 1.4 somethings broken and needs to be fixed for a lot of us.

1.4 changed something and we need this feature or "optimization" rolled back until it works for everyone, because whatever was introduced in 1.4 completely broke my game and many others!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Nomad_Zero
12.06.2012 , 09:09 AM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by KostonxEld View Post
That's bad news. Means this is a low priority issue. I can't stay in game reliably for more than an hour and switch characters. I have a few alts I switch between and this makes it impossible without a crash to desktop once an hour! Ever since 1.4 somethings broken and needs to be fixed for a lot of us.

1.4 changed something and we need this feature or "optimization" rolled back until it works for everyone, because whatever was introduced in 1.4 completely broke my game and many others!

Exact same problem here. Going to have to let this subscription go as Im not going to pay for something I cant enjoy. Prior to 1.4 I could play just fine, on high graphics settings, switching to characters and zones as often as needed. I think they should update the 'minimum requirements' as they will not be sufficient to play the game or at least put an advisement on the spec regarding this issue.

DjGenocidal
12.06.2012 , 09:18 AM | #256
lol i was just on alderaan, empire side and there were only 29 people, on 1 instance... wow what is going on, they probably decided to not play because they couldnt try to leave the planet or the game would crash!

Torvik
12.06.2012 , 01:01 PM | #257
Hello! Just as an update to this thread, we are definitely aware of a small number of users experiencing an increase in memory related crashes with the game client since Game Update 1.4. Rest assured that we have been and are working on optimizations to improve performance for those players affected.

Thank you for your patience, and please continue to report your relevant information in this thread as it helps us in our optimizations.
WOW what a disappointment this is. This is the best they could do after months of daily crashes.

I guess to them we are a "small" irrelevant non-factor in this game. We are the mess in the office kitchen that no one wants to clean up. If you don't clean it up sooner or later someone will get frustrated and clean it for you. Problem solved.

The sooner we all unsub and leave the game the sooner they can claim "WOW we solved the patch 1.4 bug. We don't get any more complaints about crashes to desktop." Well duh... there is no one left to complain.

I really hate complaining about things, but this has gone on just too long with NO indication that it will ever be solve. I think you just lost yet another subscriber when mine runs out.

I still can't believe LucasArts dumped a great game like SWG for this piece of _______!

LetoAtreidesII
12.06.2012 , 02:38 PM | #258
small number of users
That would be virtually everyone running 32-bit Windows, who all have a maximum 3.5 gigs of combined RAM and VRAM regardless of what they have in their machine, as well as some people running 64-bit Windows. I suppose if they don't consider 32-bit users as real users, then it really is a small number of users. It might be accurate to say that "...a small number of [64-bit] users [are] experiencing an increase in memory related crashes."

Or, maybe there aren't that many 32-bit users relative to 64-bit users playing the game. I guess that's possible, but I find that doubtful. If true, then almost everyone playing SWTOR is running 64-bit Windows, which I find unlikely.

I guess it's also possible that they simply aren't aware of how many people this issue is affecting, especially since many might simply have cancelled their subscriptions without a word.

KronikToker
12.06.2012 , 03:34 PM | #259
its funny im rocking windows 7 64 bit and my game wont even load anymore.
while my brother is rocking windows xp 32 bit and he can run it just fine.

zorprimus
12.06.2012 , 05:17 PM | #260
Yeah really bad form when you call customers "small" guess that mod never worked in sales before.
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.