Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resolution problem

Lagwagoner
12.18.2011 , 03:07 PM | #1
Hello, I have a problem trying to change my resolution in the game. When I first started playing I could change my resolution, but now whenever I make a change to it, and I hit apply. The black screen comes up as usual when it's readjusting, but it doesn't go away fast enough for me to press the button to keep the changes. The count down timer runs down before the black screen goes away so I can keep my changes. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks,
Lagwagoner

Tactical_Error
12.18.2011 , 03:11 PM | #2
This might just be a lucky coincidence for me, but I've been hitting [Enter] after changing my resolution and it seems to select the Keep Settings button because that box is gone once the game screen comes back up and the resolution is what I set it for.

Lagwagoner
12.18.2011 , 03:17 PM | #3
Pressing the enter button doesn't seem to be working for me. :-\

Lagwagoner
12.18.2011 , 04:01 PM | #4
Bump?

kingsie
12.20.2011 , 08:46 AM | #5
i had the same problem stretched screen with missing edges in movie scenes. im running win7 with nvidia card with latest drivers on a hd tv as a monitor.
i managed to solve my problem by using win7 driver roll back feature witch took gpu driver right back too 8.15.11.8593 a very old driver from 2009.
this is an old driver i know n starwars may work right n even run better on one ov the later drivers but this fix took me seconds to do n now my swtor game is running perfect with no issues

Kendallbwoii
12.20.2011 , 10:37 AM | #6
Subject: Screen error

When i click "play" on start up the screen goes black with an error saying "cannot display video mode - optimum resolution 1280 x 1024, help i really wanna play.

GVBlackmoon
12.20.2011 , 10:45 AM | #7
Yeah I had this problem as well fixed it by logging out of the toon I was on and then back in once back in it took the changes.

As for the person getting the best resolution error check in device manager and make sure your monitor has a driver installed and isn't using the default driver for windows which doesn't know the full ranges your monitor can support.
"I would like to introduce you to my friend the airlock I suspect you will have good times together."

Guido Blackmoon