Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

augmentation kits-where to find them!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
augmentation kits-where to find them!

Lord_O_Death_Joe
12.05.2012 , 11:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aden-Barakis View Post
You can simply go to the GTN and type "augmentation" into the search field; you will need to tab way over towards the last few pages before you will begin to see MK6 augmentation kits. The MK6 kits will usually cost you anywhere from 30K to 40K credits on the GTN - PLUS - the cost to actually install the MK6 slot on your equipment is right at 30K credits per slot (adding a slot will also consume the kit)

You will spend a ton of credits going from MK1-2-3-4-5-6

If you wait until your character is able to utilize the MK6 Augmentations, install the slots one time and save money
Not to sound really slow, but where is this magical GTN I keep hearing about? I have a lvl 25 sith assn and have yet to see a npc/store that will help me use the mk# slots I've collected or let me search for anything.

Other than that, thanks for the info, I was wondering if I should bother since I get new equipment every few hours. Seems like I'll just wait and lvl for a while.
-
*.....*.,,....Lv fr r d lk pr....,,.*......*
.......,~,.....Srh hrugh Awsmss.....,~,.......
.._.~;`~._,;~,................... Joe ....................,~;,_.~`;~._..

Draloch
12.06.2012 , 12:14 AM | #12
GTN is short for Galactic Trade Network. It's a series of kiosks that allow people to put up their goods for sale.

The easiest one to access is on the fleet. Open up the map and look for the GTN area. Every kiosk you see is tied to the same network so if you see a GTN kiosk, it's the same as every other one in the game.

Use the filters on the left side of the screen and you can pretty much hone your search to as tight parameters as you want.

To answer someone else's question about using high level aug kits, yes you can. If you have orange moddable gear, that you like the look of, it's actually smarter to pay the higher cost for MK-6 augment kits (if you can afford them - it's expensive) and then just put in whatever augment is appropriate for your level. The augment kit doesn't change the level requirement of the gear. The gear's level requirement is determined by the level requirement of the modifications and augments in it. Simply put, you can have a level 50 augment kit (MK-6) and put a level 9 augment in it if you wish. In that case the level requirement to use the gear would be level 9.