Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Madness build

Talon_Starfire
12.05.2012 , 08:34 PM | #1
How is this?
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Dierdrea
12.05.2012 , 10:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
How is this?
Works well. You can be flexible between avoidance, corrupt flesh, thrashing blades and haunted dreams.

Talon_Starfire
12.07.2012 , 06:25 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dierdrea View Post
Works well. You can be flexible between avoidance, corrupt flesh, thrashing blades and haunted dreams.
Is a Madness build ok for start or is it still best to go Deception first?
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Cowflab
12.07.2012 , 08:03 AM | #4
Is a Madness build ok for start or is it still best to go Deception first?
For PvP? I would recommend playing darkness or a darkness hybrid until you're geared. Deception and Madness are viable but somewhat squishy early on. Especially if you're solo queueing. If you run with a healer, play whichever you're most comfortable with. If not, the added survivability of darkness makes gearing a bit more tolerable.

Talon_Starfire
12.07.2012 , 03:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
For PvP? I would recommend playing darkness or a darkness hybrid until you're geared. Deception and Madness are viable but somewhat squishy early on. Especially if you're solo queueing. If you run with a healer, play whichever you're most comfortable with. If not, the added survivability of darkness makes gearing a bit more tolerable.
Any recommendations on Spec I like the Out of Stealth Spike (Darkness) as well as hard hitting Thrash (Madness) so maybe a Darkness / Madness hybrid?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.

Cowflab
12.07.2012 , 05:35 PM | #6
Any recommendations on Spec I like the Out of Stealth Spike (Darkness) as well as hard hitting Thrash (Madness) so maybe a Darkness / Madness hybrid?
Thanks
Classic Hybrid 23/1/17

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...rskZzZf0cRrM.2

Cowflab
12.07.2012 , 07:04 PM | #7
Thanks
Classic Hybrid 23/1/17

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...rskZzZf0cRrM.2

Talon_Starfire
12.08.2012 , 07:28 PM | #8
How is this?
Looking for Sith guild.

JP_Legatus
12.08.2012 , 11:45 PM | #9
I've always believed duplicity is too good for a first tier ability to not put 3 points in it regardless of your build base.
Beyond that, I've never liked lightning reflexes and especially if you aren't a tank it becomes useless.
Thrashing blades is a good place to put two points but force speed is also a very good place to put them, so be sure you are weighing the costs of those two abilities and mostly consider how much you thrash and how much more or less you'll be on target with a lower cd force speed.
The actual madness tree points are very good and need no adjusting.

Of the two builds you posted the first is clearly better. I just recommend you consider force speed over thrashing blades, but both options are very viable and very good.

Talon_Starfire
12.09.2012 , 05:38 AM | #10
Thanks to all for an honest assessment.
Looking for Sith guild.